• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he'll have to compete for a position? I hope he is their "Designated Hero" He shouldn't have to worry about challengers.

Mich Griz said:
I wonder if he'll have to compete for a position? I hope he is their "Designated Hero" He shouldn't have to worry about challengers.

2017 Roster shows
2 Sophs
3 Frosh

retiredpopo said:
really kind of sad. he will be playing in a high school stadium.
Still, they are a good team and aspire to championships at their level. According to Wikipedia, Steve DeBerg (journeyman QB in the NFL, but hung around for over 20 years) and Jim Fassel (pretty successful coach) both played QB there.

retiredpopo said:

'High school Stadium' in California, Texas, or some area other than Montana, takes on a whole new meaning. Hope he kicks ass, the goes FBS.

I think he's making a big mistake. He left because he didn't want to be backup to Sneed, but what if something happens to Sneed, he'd be the starter again, exactly what happened last year.

greasewood said:
I think he's making a big mistake. He left because he didn't want to be backup to Sneed, but what if something happens to Sneed, he'd be the starter again, exactly what happened last year.

I think our QB situation is very strong. Sneed may actually end up backing up Humphrey. That was a big time get for the Griz.

tourist said:
retiredpopo said:

'High school Stadium' in California, Texas, or some area other than Montana, takes on a whole new meaning. Hope he kicks ass, the goes FBS.
Agree 100% . I would guess most j.c. football fields generally look like high school fields. Best of luck to him. It always seemed to me he was a good kid, hope he does well there, and then tears it up where ever he lands at.

Fullerton JC is defending and back to back State and National Champions. If you are going to go the JC route Fullerton JC currently the best in the nation.

Link: https://www.fchornets.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20171209riunqt

SloStang said:
Fullerton JC is defending and back to back State and National Champions. If you are going to go the JC route Fullerton JC currently the best in the nation.

Link: https://www.fchornets.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20171209riunqt
Took me awhile to figure this one out … after seeing Fullerton refer to themselves as “national” as well as “state” champions. I looked up the national Junior College championship … and Fullerton was nowhere to be seen. The current NJCAA champion is East Mississippi Community College

Turns out, California is even more arrogant than Texas when it comes to this level of football. That is, California has its own “community college” organization, the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA). They all started out together as part of the NJCAA, based on a meeting at Fresno in 1937. But then California “took their football and went home,” i.e., pulled out of the NJCAA. That seems to have happened in 1951 … that’s when the NJCAA handbook says the “California Junior College Association bans state schools from participating in NJCAA sponsored events.”

Of course, both associations are about more than football, but I suppose CCCAA champions in other sports also call themselves “national” champions. Pretty funny.

Good for him! I hope he tears it up over there and gets another shot at a top FCS or FBS school. Would have loved to see him stick around, but I can't blame him for leaving. He was fun to watch

Former Griz QB Jensen chooses Fullerton College
https://skylinesportsmt.com/former-griz-qb-jensen-chooses-fullerton-college/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back