• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck and Academics

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Good write up on foootball players kicking butt in the classroom and of Hauck meeting a couple up on the M at 6 AM for being late for class....awesome!

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/5/22/general-griz-continue-academic-streak.aspx

I really am not sure why Hauck has a bad reputation for not running a tight ship. I feel he has been more than firm, fair, and accountable collectively. Coaches cannot watch players 24/7. He is only guilty of putting too much faith in a few players that totally screwed him over. Discipline and accountability have never been an issue with him as the coach, in my opinion.

3...........2..........1..............Queue up the haters.

mtgrizrule said:
I really am not sure why Hauck has a bad reputation for not running a tight ship. I feel he has been more than firm, fair, and accountable collectively. Coaches cannot watch players 24/7. He is only guilty of putting too much faith in a few players that totally screwed him over. Discipline and accountability have never been an issue with him as the coach, in my opinion.

3...........2..........1..............Queue up the haters.
Couldn't agree more with you!

Spoke with BH in Havre today. Talked a lot about what's expected of his players in the classroom. A lot of guys sticking around to go to summer school this year.

With the advent of social media, I feel student athletes are promoting themselves and being promoted more for their academic success. In a way I think this raises the bar for them academically, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. That being said, just because BH and staff are not big on social media it DOESN'T mean they don't expect academic performance as well. I was around the athletic department as a student athlete during Hauck's first tenure at the U, and I can tell you from first hand experience that there were a lot more dedicated student athletes than not. Yes, of course there are some student athletes (football players and other sports) that do not take school seriously, and that is really too bad. But in my experience the majority of student athletes understand the primary reason they are there is to get an education to prepare them for the rest of their lives.

Coach does have a say in the "academic tone" of his team by who he brings in, and what he expects from them. Also, the addition of the Sprunk athletic academic center is a huge plus. I sure wish we had that when I was at the U. No excuses now about not succeeding in the classroom!

Latest posts

Back