• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat plate in Saskatchewan

SaskGriz

DONOR
Something I can't unsee! There is a car up here with Sasky plates that say "BOBCATS" and have an MSU licence plate frame. Just a heads up that if you aren't careful in your own neighbourhoods, this can spread.

I was trapped on an inside lane with my "UM GRIZ" tags in a Montana Griz frame, "Griz" on the front, two different decals in the back window and stuffed Monty on the dashboard, or I would have t-boned him at the next light.

I have noticed way more Bobcat plates in Seattle over the past couple years also. Not only do we need to RTD in football but we also need to up our enrollment ASAP.

I have noticed way more Bobcat plates in Seattle over the past couple years also. Not only do we need to RTD in football but we also need to up our enrollment ASAP.

Westcoastfan said:

Who knows. Maybe they are actually able to find gainful employment there with the degrees they hold.

signedbewildered said:
Westcoastfan said:

Who knows. Maybe they are actually able to find gainful employment there with the degrees they hold.

Well, Denise is the new Seattle Superintendent so there will probably be many more Bobcat and Griz plates in and around the schools to go with all the macrosoft and boeing employees.

*Edit. Over 95 percent of U Dub's undergraduate students are nonresidents so you know they are not going to remain in that drippy, drizzly shithole after they graduate. That climate is mild to most of the people raised in Montana so naturally our graduates here will seek employment out there. Hell, there are few jobs for our graduates in their fields in state.

SaskGriz said:
Something I can't unsee! There is a car up here with Sasky plates that say "BOBCATS" and have an MSU licence plate frame. Just a heads up that if you aren't careful in your own neighbourhoods, this can spread.

I was trapped on an inside lane with my "UM GRIZ" tags in a Montana Griz frame, "Griz" on the front, two different decals in the back window and stuffed Monty on the dashboard, or I would have t-boned him at the next light.

As always, brilliant. :clap: :clap: :clap:

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
signedbewildered said:
Westcoastfan said:

Well, Denise is the new Seattle Superintendent so there will probably be many more Bobcat and Griz plates in and around the schools to go with all the macrosoft and boeing employees.

*Edit. Over 95 percent of U Dub's undergraduate students are nonresidents so you know they are not going to remain in that drippy, drizzly shithole after they graduate. That climate is mild to most of the people raised in Montana so naturally our graduates here will seek employment out there. Hell, there are few jobs for our graduates in their fields in state.

As it was in my day, college grads remain unable to eat the scenery.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
signedbewildered said:
Westcoastfan said:

Yeah, Montana has few jobs, except at McDonald's, for UM liberal arts idiots. Get a real degree.

bgbigdog said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
signedbewildered said:
Westcoastfan said:

As it was in my day, college grads remain unable to eat the scenery.

How true!

One can't help but ponder what the BOR is going to do with the course offerings and degrees coming out of the UM side. The big thing thus far this month seems to be renaming Montana Tech.

With the huge growth in the Gallatin Valley one can't help but think the Bitterroot and greater Missoula area is close to experiencing the same thing.

Here's hoping the community leadership in and around Missoula can buy into the importance of UM and sustained growth of the area as the Gallatin Valley has with MSU. Heck, Belgrade is going to be AA next year and BozeAngeles is finally going to build another high school and I suppose Manhattan and Three Forks aren't too far from becoming Class A.

SaskGriz said:

Build the Wall, northern and southern.

SaskGriz said:

The good news Sask, the majority of msu graduates are drifters, misguided opportunists and vagrants. My guess, he's probably in Saskatchewan to club a few baby seals or is some type of half-assed arborist who is there to work on the tree in Regina.

The really good news is that he is no threat as far as weakening the Commonwealth's bloodlines. His best bar line is likely, "I'm here to put the cat back in Saskatchewan."

He will likely soon be on his way after he hears they've discovered a rain forrest near Yellowknife or for an opportunity for maple syrup extraction in the Artic Circle.

Likely nothing to fear but I would reach out to your local constable to keep an eye on him.

Oh, you meant by 'Bobcat plate,' a 'Bobcat' license 'plate.' I thought you meant a Bobcat on a plate like in roadkill, type 'Bobcat plate.' I was about to say:.."yeah, there's plenty of bobcat roadkill, even a stack of 'em, down in Montana, too." "Just like up in Saskatchewan, too, huh?

Oh, you meant by 'Bobcat plate,' a 'Bobcat' license 'plate.' I thought you meant a Bobcat on a plate like in roadkill, type 'Bobcat plate.' I was about to say:.."yeah, there's plenty of bobcat roadkill, even a stack of 'em, down in Montana, too." "Just like up in Saskatchewan, too, huh?

WyomingGrizFan said:

The last time I saw a bobcat was coming up Rogers pass after the App State game a few years ago. I did the right thing and hit the brakes, because it's not that noble creatures fault that it's name got co-opted by the institution of lower learning. Incidentally that very same animal went on to complete 4 passes and earn a college degree, making him the more successful than any MSU QB since Travis Lulay.

SaskGriz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

The last time I saw a bobcat was coming up Rogers pass after the App State game a few years ago. I did the right thing and hit the brakes, because it's not that noble creatures fault that it's name got co-opted by the institution of lower learning. Incidentally that very same animal went on to complete 4 passes and earn a college degree, making him the more successful than any MSU QB since Travis Lulay.

DeNarius McGhee was after Lulay, and is one of only 11 players to EVER pass for over 10,000 yards and rush for over 1,000 yards...Lulay is also one of the 11...

Westcoastfan said:

MSU is a feeder institution for Boeing with a ton of young engineers headed that way. In fact I would go so far as to say they should change the name the Mechanical Engineering Department to Boeing initiation.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Westcoastfan said:

MSU is a feeder institution for Boeing with a ton of young engineers headed that way. In fact I would go so far as to say they should change the name the Mechanical Engineering Department to Boeing initiation.

and UM is a feeder institution for Starbucks.

MTOutsider said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Westcoastfan said:

That is a quality burn, well played!

SaskGriz said:
MTOutsider said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Westcoastfan said:

That is a quality burn, well played!

Thanks Sask for the original humor. I also, notice Bobcat plates almost daily here in northwest Montana. Each time I throw up in my mouth just a little. Today I saw one from Arkansas?

What I am most amazed about is the ignorant bias displayed on this board. I know a multitude of UM grads who are leading business people in Missoula and elsewhere. I have two sons who are UM "liberal arts" grads. Both are successful business people and award winning published authors. My nephew, who grew up in Missoula, is a MSU grad who remains a die hard Griz. He recently was hired away from NASA by Apple. Political motivated stereotypes are bullshit.

I do see more Bobcat plates here in SLC, but it's at least even in terms of apparel, so I make sure to wear my Blue & Gold almost everywhere. It used to be all griz, if there was any Montana swag at all. The last decade has changed things, the Universe is restoring itself to balance once again.

But I was recently up in Regina, and saw two griz plates. threw up in my mouth a little, but was able to recover by mentally replacing the "Re" with "Man" and everything fell into place psychologically, equilibrium restored.

Back