• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Future roster additions and QB.

mtgrizrule

From listening to Coach Hauck speak briefly and talking with various people recently, here is some general information. I won't get overly detailed.

Coach Hauck sounds very confident in Dalton Sneed leading the offense. He likes the potential of the OL, just expects some growing pains with the youth. Sounds like the OL will be just fine as the season progresses.

JLM made a very positive impression on Coach Hauck and the staff this spring. They expect a lot of him this season. Very comparable to Segers and Heidelberger in the return game.

Not from Coach Hauck, but others:
The staff is still working very hard to sway more CB depth, but nothing definite yet.
The GRIZ will be adding another FBS drop down. Yes, this player has been mentioned on egriz before.
As for QB depth, chances are very likely, experienced QB's will be brought in to shore up the depth chart. Hard to believe, had he stayed with the GRIZ, Dick would have likely been the GRIZ backup with Jensen's departure.

With a long off season, expect any news to be very sporadic and spread out. Anyway, when the news comes out, I think GRIZ NATION will be pretty happy and relieved to hear the news.

Not sure what the "news" was in this post. Was Hauck going to say that Sneed was a POS, there would be no new roster additions, and that he expected the team to get worse as the season progressed? Geez. :roll:

sdk.catfish said:
Not sure what the "news" was in this post. Was Hauck going to say that Sneed was a POS, there would be no new roster additions, and that he expected the team to get worse as the season progressed? Geez. :roll:

Asses like you are why some don't bother posting any longer. :thumb:

by mtgrizrule » Fri May 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Asses like you are why some don't bother posting any longer. :thumb:

Yes, for sure please consider asses like me before you post light weight white noise again

sdk.catfish said:

Great post. It has added so much to the thread. Thanks.

I appreciate your update mtgrizrule. Information has been hard to come by and it is nice to have some. Thanks!

sdk.catfish said:
Since you can't add anything to the discussion, can you at least kick?

Perhaps I was too harsh. If anyone could go back to the original post and show me what big new hairy confirmed information was in it that I missed I would be glad to recant

sdk.catfish said:
Perhaps I was too harsh. If anyone could go back to the original post and show me what big new hairy confirmed information was in it that I missed I would be glad to recant

I don’t think anyone will be recanting their post that you have added nothing to this thread.

Griz1 said:
I appreciate your update mtgrizrule. Information has been hard to come by and it is nice to have some. Thanks!

That's because the posters who used to get and provide some information have had it with some assholes on this site. They don't post anything here any longer.

Thanks for the kind words. :thumb:

sdk.catfish said:

I found everything in the post to be news and useful.

mtgrizrule said:
From listening to Coach Hauck speak briefly and talking with various people recently, here is some general information. I won't get overly detailed.

Coach Hauck sounds very confident in Dalton Sneed leading the offense. He likes the potential of the OL, just expects some growing pains with the youth. Sounds like the OL will be just fine as the season progresses.

JLM made a very positive impression on Coach Hauck and the staff this spring. They expect a lot of him this season. Very comparable to Segers and Heidelberger in the return game.

The staff is still working very hard to sway more CB depth, but nothing definite yet.
The GRIZ will be adding another FBS drop down. Yes, this player has been mentioned on egriz before.
As for QB depth, chances are very likely, experienced QB's will be brought in to shore up the depth chart. Hard to believe, had he stayed with the GRIZ, Dick would have likely been the GRIZ backup with Jensen's departure.

With a long off season, expect any news to be very sporadic and spread out. Anyway, when the news comes out, I think GRIZ NATION will be pretty happy and relieved to hear the news.

Thanks for the updates. I for one appreciate them greatly. Post more!

HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Thanks for the updates. I for one appreciate them greatly. Post more!

Thank you. Funny part is, I started the initial post stating this would be "general information", just to avoid the kind of response I got from SDK. Apparently, that did not work either. The only thing I said about "news" was that I thought GRIZ Nation would be happy when the news does come out. So I never did insinuate or claim to be giving anyone any news, just general information. I thought that was accomplished. Apparently not.

garizzalies said:
Is the “drop down” QB or CB?

Not the one I am aware of. He is a defensive player, that will be a huge addition. A player that will help right away. Coming from a power 5 conference/school. As for QB, it looks like we are just looking to add some experience to back up Sneed. Wilson nor Graves are ready to handle QB, if Sneed were to go down. As for CB, all I know is, the GRIZ are pursuing a couple CB's very hard, and damn close to adding a quality CB. As of now, that position is not a done deal.

Also, we have to consider, a lot of transfers are holding off a decision until after the NCAA rules on immediate eligibility for players doing a lateral transfer (within the same level, FBS to FBS, or FCS to FCS). If that happens, it will likely hurt FCS programs.

mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:

Not the one I am aware of. He is a defensive player, that will be a huge addition. A player that will help right away. Coming from a power 5 conference/school. As for QB, it looks like we are just looking to add some experience to back up Sneed. Wilson nor Graves are ready to handle QB, if Sneed were to go down. As for CB, all I know is, the GRIZ are pursuing a couple CB's very hard, and damn close to adding a quality CB. As of now, that position is not a done deal.

Also, we have to consider, a lot of transfers are holding off a decision until after the NCAA rules on immediate eligibility for players doing a lateral transfer (within the same level, FBS to FBS, or FCS to FCS). If that happens, it will likely hurt FCS programs.

I’d admit not keeping up on the 2A information, but is there some kind of decision imminent on the transfer process & eligibility? I would have assumed another full rotation of Uranus around the sun before that occurred.

Edit:
While it is too late for the new transfer system to go into effect for the 2018 season, it’s possible the reforms could start to be phased in beginning in 2019. Other rules such as the one-time graduate transfer exception would then be sunsetted in 2020 to allow everybody to take advantage of a transfer without running into any snags in becoming eligible right away.

So hopefully no one is holding their breath on this before that revolution of Uranus.

by mtgrizrule » Fri May 18, 2018 11:04 pm

This contains more information than your first post, not quite as cryptic. Just had to tease it out I guess. I apologize for being bitchy

Merely speculating but if I’m going to guess the transfer defensive player is that Arkansas safety and the CB they are close on is that Colorado State player. Again just speculating so don’t go all crazy on me here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:

So the juco qb Humphreys isn't coming, I heard he was interested in you but haven't heard much lately?

Back