• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Top 250 Recruits

PlayerRep

According to Hero Sports. Princeton had 10 on the list. Montana had a few. Mont. St. had more. Thought this was interesting. Indicates alot of kids with FBS offers.

ttps://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-national-top-250-fcs-recruits-2018-ajaj#2

Top 50 recruits classes. https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-national-top-50-fcs-teams-2018-ajaj

Selected schools:

1. Princeton
2. Yale
3. Mont. St
4. NDSU
5. James Madison
6. Harvard
7. Jacksonville St
8. Chattanooga
10. EWU
13. SU
14. Columbia
17. Davis
19. Weber
22. Penn
31. Montana
33. Dartmouth
49. No. Colo.

So basically they just pull names out of a hat.
How did we come up with our ranking list below? Simple -- it's subjective, there is no way for recruiting rankings to be an exact science -- just ask the college coaches who evaluate the kids and get paid to do it. No matter how official they look, all recruiting rankings are that way. Just ask the myriad of walk ons who come to FCS campuses and become All Americans. We combined 247Sports, Rivals, the players' offer lists and our own thoughts to come up with our version of the FCS recruiting rankings. We provide some of their other top offers in the charts. This is our third year doing this.

alabamagrizzly said:
How did we come up with our ranking list below? Simple -- it's subjective, there is no way for recruiting rankings to be an exact science -- just ask the college coaches who evaluate the kids and get paid to do it. No matter how official they look, all recruiting rankings are that way. Just ask the myriad of walk ons who come to FCS campuses and become All Americans. We combined 247Sports, Rivals, the players' offer lists and our own thoughts to come up with our version of the FCS recruiting rankings. We provide some of their other top offers in the charts. This is our third year doing this.

That's your interpretation of this para? While I don't take much stock in rankings and ratings like this, nor in evaluations by fans of their own school's recruiting classes, these are not pulled out of a hat. Does anyone want to do little bet with me on whether that Princeton qb, who was offered by Alabama, will be a good player for Princeton?

"White, a 6-foot-2, 187 pound senior at Paraclete High School, threw for 3,931 yards and 54 touchdowns against just seven interceptions this season."

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:

That's your interpretation of this para? While I don't take much stock in rankings and ratings like this, nor in evaluations by fans of their own school's recruiting classes, these are not pulled out of a hat. Does anyone want to do little bet with me on whether that Princeton qb, who was offered by Alabama, will be a good player for Princeton?

"White, a 6-foot-2, 187 pound senior at Paraclete High School, threw for 3,931 yards and 54 touchdowns against just seven interceptions this season."

PR, please don’t take anything I say seriously.

They literally use star rankings from Scout and 247 and that's it. If a kid doesn't have a star ranking, they don't factor into their rankings or mathematics use. Where this hurts a class like Montana is the fact that these MT kids (who easily deserve star rankings) don't get one. I think Sulser was finally given a 2 star (or maybe none at all) and you can put him in the top 10 FCS receivers recruits list easily. So it is a bit randomized. You may recall the Griz got rated as a top 3 recruiting class from Hero in Stitt's first full class as we had a lot of "stars" on the list.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:

PR, please don’t take anything I say seriously.

:lol: :lol:

Back