• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Season wins

BlackChickenHobo

I am expecting this Hauck team to win at least 5 games this year maybe 6 or 7 if we get lucky. Anything more than a 5-6 season will be gravy until coach gets his guys in the system and stuff.

Is that the best you can do with your first post. LOL A little more optimism please. We already have good players now they just need to play like winners.

Boy that's a little harsh hobo, starting next week when I'm out of school, I am going to do my Big Sky preview and predictions threads where I'll post every teams schedules and we'll see how everyone thinks the rest of the Big Sky will be this season. I'm not going to tell you my prediction right now, but I will say it's much better then yours and it's similar to yukons but not exact. We'll start with the Griz next week.

I will say 7 wins, hopefully some things come together, get a little luck and we get a couple more but until some questions are answered about a few positions and overall depth, this is my guess.

Does 7-4 put us in the playoffs this season? I'm gonna guess yes as long as we don't have any bad losses. Last year the talent level in the FCS was exceptional and I don't think it will be as great as it was last year.

7-4 would be very impressive given your weaknesses and schedule. You have one gimmie game, Drake. You'll likely end up 6-5 or 5-6.

poorgriz said:
7-4 would be very impressive given your weaknesses and schedule. You have one gimmie game, Drake. You'll likely end up 6-5 or 5-6.

If only you and your buddies could judge your own team so critically. It's always 9-2 over there. What you just said should fit the bill perfectly for the Cats.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

If only you and your buddies could judge your own team so critically. It's always 9-2 over there. What you just said should fit the bill perfectly for the Cats.

Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Hooked, I think 9-2 is probably pretty accurate. I mean, if you're going to run the Pre-Season National Champions streak to 38 consecutive years, you gotta have a stellar pre-season prognostication.

I am sticking with my 7-4 prediction from the thread started when BH was hired. hahaha.

I don't think that us fans have seen much of a preview of what this team will look like this fall. There may be some fans with low expectations, but I have a feeling these players will be jacked up a few more notches in intensity and skill level by the first game, and continue to IMPROVE over the course of the season. I believe the talent is mostly there, and that this coaching staff has the ability, through experience, to prepare for and control the game better than most at this level. I am sure that I am in the minority here, but I am hopeful of a dominant 9 win season. I guess it comes from seeing what Coach Houston has done here in Harrisonburg, maybe I am wrong, but I would put the Griz coaches we have now at about the same level. Hope I am right and most of you are wrong. GO GRIZ!

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Doubt that. 8-3 in 2018.
Poorcats, can you tell us the tale again of how your WR who plays QB is making “significant” improvement in the passing department this spring? I love that story; one of my favs
I also love how you updated the story this year, so it didn’t sound like the same thing we heard last year.
Do they not teach the zero principle at cow college (i.e., zero times any number is still zero)?

BlackChickenHobo said:
I am expecting this Hauck team to win at least 5 games this year maybe 6 or 7 if we get lucky. Anything more than a 5-6 season will be gravy until coach gets his guys in the system and stuff.

What? Stitt got us seven wins with these players! I think we start interviewing coaches if Hauck can't get us 8 or 9 wins.

AllWeatherFan said:
BlackChickenHobo said:

What? Stitt got us seven wins with these players! I think we start interviewing coaches if Hauck can't get us 8 or 9 wins.

No, Stitt got 7 wins with last year's players, not this year's. Our starting QB has left and needs to be replaced. 4 starting o-lineman have graduated. Top 2 corners from last year have moved on. 2 of the top 3 linebackers graduated. New offensive and defensive systems are being instituted. Many new coaches on board. After Delaney's last 2 teams were ranked nos. 12 and 8 in the national post-season polls his last 2 years, I didn't see you or your types clambering for Stitt to be ranked higher than nos. 12/8 as the years went on. Hypocritical much?

8 reg season wins plausible. Having Bobby at the helm is worth at least two tough wins.

No way cats win this year in Missoula

PlayerRep said:
No, Stitt got 7 wins with last year's players, not this year's. Our starting QB has left and needs to be replaced. 4 starting o-lineman have graduated. Top 2 corners from last year have moved on. 2 of the top 3 linebackers graduated. New offensive and defensive systems are being instituted. Many new coaches on board. After Delaney's last 2 teams were ranked nos. 12 and 8 in the national post-season polls his last 2 years, I didn't see you or your types clambering for Stitt to be ranked higher than nos. 12/8 as the years went on. Hypocritical much?

Any other apologists out there who wish to try to lower our expectations? :roll:

AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Any other apologists out there who wish to try to lower our expectations? :roll:

Just commenting on overly high and unrealistic expectations, and hypocritical statements. I guess you aren't one of the people saying a new coach should be given 4 years, or where you?

coming:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES/status/991379520681791488[/tweet]

Back