• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: Ryan Tirrell LB- Loyola Sacred Heart

Hauck’s nephew... a great kid from great family. Good football player. Not sure he’d be on the team though without the family connection...

Curious to see what his offer will be.

In Hauck’s opening presser he called out a kid for wearing a blue shirt. That was Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people were surprised I was high on Ryan after the 2017 high school season wrapped up. When I watched Ryan's film, I saw an outside linebacker and one who has the ability to play at the FCS level. He runs well and has excellent closing speed when covering RB's out of the backfield or running one down in the run game. Ryan and Ryder were both in my initial Top 20 for a reason: they are good football players who MAKE PLAYS.

VimSince03 said:
Some people were surprised I was high on Ryan after the 2017 high school season wrapped up. When I watched Ryan's film, I saw an outside linebacker and one who has the ability to play at the FCS level. He runs well and has excellent closing speed when covering RB's out of the backfield or running one down in the run game. Ryan and Ryder were both in my initial Top 20 for a reason: they are good football players who
MAKE PLAYS

Making plays is what it's all about, right? Too many people get caught up in size, speed....Colt Anderson is the classic example here in MT....Being a football player, making football plays, making the TEAM better. Got to have those guys on the team as well as the more highly recruited guys with the numbers. Good get!

MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:
Some people were surprised I was high on Ryan after the 2017 high school season wrapped up. When I watched Ryan's film, I saw an outside linebacker and one who has the ability to play at the FCS level. He runs well and has excellent closing speed when covering RB's out of the backfield or running one down in the run game. Ryan and Ryder were both in my initial Top 20 for a reason: they are good football players who
MAKE PLAYS

Making plays is what it's all about, right? Too many people get caught up in size, speed....Colt Anderson is the classic example here in MT....Being a football player, making football plays, making the TEAM better. Got to have those guys on the team as well as the more highly recruited guys with the numbers. Good get!

And it isn't like Ryan is undersized. 6'2", 195 lbs. is just fine coming out of high school. He also is a solid RB.

VimSince03 said:
MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:
MAKE PLAYS

And it isn't like Ryan is undersized. 6'2", 195 lbs. is just fine coming out of high school. He also is a solid RB.

30 lbs later he's a great OLB. :thumb:

SaskGriz said:
bigtyme said:
And he is a PSS athlete who will get bigger, faster, stronger this year.

What is a PSS athlete? I'm only asking because I was a POS athlete.

As I was reading this post...I was hoping with all I had that POS would be part of it. Thank you so much for coming through and making me spit water on the very computer I'm using to chart my notes! :lol: :clap:

SaskGriz said:
bigtyme said:

I was the most feared 5'7", 120 lb 3rd string DE on the Sentinel Spartan Purple Freshman team.

SaskGriz said:
bigtyme said:

Pfahler Sport Specific. Former Griz TE Steven Pfahler has an unbelievable training center that is blowing up in Western Montana. He might be the best strength trainer in the state. He would be an awesome Griz strength coach if he ever wants to start working exclusively with college football players.

Back