• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat blitz

Westcoastfan

All, wondering your thoughts on the Bobcat blitz that the MSU coaches are doing. Essentially they are visiting every High School in Montana. Do you guys think it is a good idea and if so why aren’t the Grizz doing anything like it?

Westcoastfan said:
All, wondering your thoughts on the Bobcat blitz that the MSU coaches are doing. Essentially they are visiting every High School in Montana. Do you guys think it is a good idea and if so why aren’t the Grizz doing anything like it?

Exposore is always a good thing.
Griz coaches will be going on their big road trip visiting towns next month I believe. BBQ's, Golfing, handshaking and baby kissing!

Griz do the exact same thing. I wouldn't worry about it. I'll give Cats credit they are creative with twitter and social media to create even more awareness. Hope our Griz coaches figure that out, too.

Well I don't know about all that but I do know that there are few communities in Montana as far away from Missoula as Sidney and a large contingent of Griz coaches and administrators come all the way out here EVERY year. I've seen the Bobcats out here once in the past decade and they didn't even notify their local boosters. Coach Choke, as well as the Cat AD and men's and women's BB coaches all managed to stop in my office and give me shit at the urging of a Bozeman Bobcat alum with business ties in the area. When one of my Bobcat friends found out a group of Bobcat officials were in town and didn't even bother to meet with local boosters he got really pissed off. When he found out they all stopped to give a Griz GSA booster shit he got even madder. His office is literally two doors down from mine. When the Griz group come they announce it weeks ahead and the coaches visit most of the schools in the area and enjoy a round of golf with local boosters and speak at a banquet that evening. Consistency is key. The Griz are here every year. The Cats....not so much.

Someone let me know when they are down the Root. I'll see if I can't find them and put a big ol GRIZ sticker on their maroon suburban.

The worthless bastards gotta do something! They've tried everything else and as evidenced by their attendance. They just plain suck! nothing has worked! They can't even play 500% ball and had to extend their coaches contract to get him to stay!!! RTD =Return to Dominance at Montana only spells more doom. Montana only need worry about what we are doing. Nothing Bozeman does should influence our behavior in any way unless we want to maintain a loser, loser, loser image like them!! Again! Bozeman sucks!
Go Griz!

i_the_sky said:
The worthless bastards gotta do something! They've tried everything else and as evidenced by their attendance. They just plain suck! nothing has worked! They can't even play 500% ball and had to extend their coaches contract to get him to stay!!! RTD =Return to Dominance at Montana only spells more doom. Montana only need worry about what we are doing. Nothing Bozeman does should influence our behavior in any way unless we want to maintain a loser, loser, loser image like them!! Again! Bozeman sucks!
Go Griz!

:clap:

i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

500%??? If you could be just 5% at anything in life, it would help get you out of your mom's basement.

i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

How hard is it as a cat fan to type Go Griz at the end of every diatribe of gibberish you spew out? Serious question...I know, unless I've lost a bet, I cannot and will not type go...

MTCowpoke said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

500%??? If you could be just 5% at anything in life, it would help get you out of your mom's basement.

I realize I am old, and out of touch, but can anybody OTHER THAN ITS explain to this old accountant what the hell 500% ball is ????? I have seen LOTS of silly shit on here, especially lately, but this, IMHO, comes close to winning the prize for first place in that division. :roll: :roll:

It is a great way to increase fan support, and make new fans. In my opinion, UM (not just the football team) should do something similar to this. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with this, and I only see positives coming from visiting as many high schools in the state. The cats are playing catch up, and they are doing it in ways the Griz have not. This is because the Griz sold their brand by winning for the past 20 years. We would be wise to be more proactive and send people/coaches out to as many high schools as possible.

I understand the Griz coaches have a tour they do around the state during the summer, but that is focused more to already existing Griz fans. We need to reach people (high schoolers) who do not have an allegiance to either school. Show them you are interested in them, and they will be far more likely to be interested in you.

And the cat said perhaps
that everyone collapse
and it turned into a bobcat blitz
And the girl in the pit
said Boy, I wanna quit

garizzalies said:
And the cat said perhaps
that everyone collapse
And the girl in the pit
said Boy, I wanna quit

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

ilovethecats said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

:clap:
Post of the year in my book.

MTGRZ said:
It is a great way to increase fan support, and make new fans. In my opinion, UM (not just the football team) should do something similar to this. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with this, and I only see positives coming from visiting as many high schools in the state. The cats are playing catch up, and they are doing it in ways the Griz have not. This is because the Griz sold their brand by winning for the past 20 years. We would be wise to be more proactive and send people/coaches out to as many high schools as possible.

I understand the Griz coaches have a tour they do around the state during the summer, but that is focused more to already existing Griz fans. We need to reach people (high schoolers) who do not have an allegiance to either school. Show them you are interested in them, and they will be far more likely to be interested in you.
The Griz tour is in May and it not only recruits at the high schools and targets fan support, it raises cash for the GSA. They go north first and all across the Highline to Sidney and back through the I-90 stops. The Billings barbeque and Laurel golf outing will be very well sponsored and attended. The coaches are prepared and do a great job; it is a significant committment. Plenty of schedule posters distributed; five figures to the GSA just from the Billings section. Nothing broke about it.

Back