• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fairfield ATH Ryder Meyer commits to Griz

Some of my initial thoughts on Ryder: https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?p=1299094#p1299094.

To me, he is the best player in Class B this fall.

He is a stud athlete and a great all-around kid. He is one of my favorite small town prospects of 2019. This is an awesome grab for the 2019 class. Bobby knows talent........
Welcome to Griz Nation Ryder!

VimSince03 said:
Yukon said:
what position he going to play? DB?

Safety or slot receiver.

Most instinctual safety I have seen in awhile. Undersized like Tim Hauck was, but just as good of instincts. Not sure anyone hits as hard as Tim did, but Meyer brings a surprising pop for his size. Instincts remind me of Vinny Huntsberger.

grizatwork said:
VimSince03 said:
Yukon said:
what position he going to play? DB?

Safety or slot receiver.

Most instinctual safety I have seen in awhile. Undersized like Tim Hauck was, but just as good of instincts. Not sure anyone hits as hard as Tim did, but Meyer brings a surprising pop for his size. Instincts remind me of Vinny Huntsberger.

I thought the same thing as far as his instincts when I watched his film. He runs REALLY well and can really hit.

I am a Montana "homer" and love to see Montanans play for UM. This kid seems to be just what we should be looking for. Tough, fast, loves the game will certainly respect the rivalries. Do we need kids from out of state? Of course, they are great too but will always have a special spot for Montanans. I think our team is most successful with several on the field. With Bobby back I expect more Montanans on the team and field.

I am not a Stitt hater. I thought he might get us where we wanted to go, but I don't think Ryder would have gotten a sniff from Stitt. Big mis take in my book. A player is a player. Son of most successful coach in class B over past 15-20 years. Also one of the smallest class B schools during that span. Don't forget that before Les got there, that Fairfield was a basketball school.

grizatwork said:
I am not a Stitt hater. I thought he might get us where we wanted to go, but I don't think Ryder would have gotten a sniff from Stitt. Big mis take in my book. A player is a player. Son of most successful coach in class B over past 15-20 years. Also one of the smallest class B schools during that span. Don't forget that before Les got there, that Fairfield was a basketball school.

I would have thought this as well, but I was told Stitt and staff were all over him early and may be a big reason he is a Griz now. Just sharing what I heard. Great addition either way.

Back