• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No EWoo this year!!

GlacierGrizX

Since Idaho came into the confernece this year, we do not have EWU scheduled until 2019. How will this work going into the future? Do we play them a home-and-home series and then every third year we are not scheduled? Do you think the powers that be, whom lead the conference; change their policy for the betterment of the conference? I could care less if we play Sac St or Northern Colorado. Or should we get rid of the non-conference games? I would rather play EWU than Monomouth; even if it were non-conference?

For all practical purposes EWU is the Grizzlies main rival ! We should play each other every year. No matter what! Bozeman has not won a playoff game in a couple of decades and until Stitt lost two out of three to Bozeman they have never even been close to Montana!!! Montana and Eastern are the only positive representatives of the BSC!We both go to the playoffs and win. No other BSC team can say that! Eastern and Montana have won the last two National Championships by a BSC team! No one else has even won a playoff game!!! "NUFF SAID". Make UM & EWU rivals that play every year. Drop Bozeman if you need to drop one team... Go Griz! *RTD Return To Dominance! Montana is back boys!!!
Go Griz!

Sure, let's play all the toughest teams in the BSC every year and let worse teams win the conference every year with a weak schedule.

We need a varied schedule every year.

i_the_sky said:
For all practical purposes EWU is the Grizzlies main rival ! We should play each other every year. No matter what! Bozeman has not won a playoff game in a couple of decades and until Stitt lost two out of three to Bozeman they have never even been close to Montana!!! Montana and Eastern are the only positive representatives of the BSC!We both go to the playoffs and win. No other BSC team can say that! Eastern and Montana have won the last two National Championships by a BSC team! No one else has even won a playoff game!!! "NUFF SAID". Make UM & EWU rivals that play every year. Drop Bozeman if you need to drop one team... Go Griz! *RTD Return To Dominance! Montana is back boys!!!
Go Griz!

We have won 3 in the last 14 years....

SACCAT66 said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???

i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

Montana by a competitive stand point hasn't been a positive representative of the Big Sky conference since 2011.

No one else has even won a playoff game :?: both Weber State (3-4) and Montana State (2-4) have won playoff games since 2008.

Since 2008 only Eastern, Montana, Weber and MSU have won playoff games.
Eastern Washington is 11-5 (10-3 at home and 1-2 on the road)
Montana is 10-6 (9-1 at home and 1-5 on the road)
Weber State is 3-4 (1-0 at home 2-4 on the road)
Montana State is 2-4 (2-3 at home, 0-1 on the road)

The sad thing about the stats above is the one team of the 4 who ISN'T known for their football program has the most road wins in the playoffs since 2008.

Other than those 4 you are spot on, since 2008 the rest of the conference is 0-10. The real sad part about that stat is only 3 of those losses were road losses.

Cal Poly is 0-3 (0-2 at home, 0-1 on the road)
Southern Utah is 0-3 (0-1 at home, 0-2 on the road)
North Dakota is 0-1 (0-1 at home)
Northern Arizona is 0-2 (0-2 at home)
Portland State is 0-1 (0-1 at home)

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

Forget it...He's rolling

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

Gotta love Senator Blutarsky!

i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!

Are you really saying "drop Bozeman?"

Really bumed we arn't considered rivals. Even more bumed my son on Eastern ol won't get a chance to square off against Reggie Tillman this year or now ever. Will is a year behind Reggie, They had many heated battles in high school,Will playing for Troy Idaho , and Reggie playing for Genesee.AS heated a rivalry as Montana and Eastern. Will is a backup guard for the eagles, just thought it would be nestalgic,two 8 man players going against each other in college. Im a die hard Eagle fan, I love the competition, your stadium and fans are wild and great, like the Packers against the Seahawks. No matter how many times we play each other i'm there.Hope it's wild and crazy. On anothe note,I raise potatoes, if u gyes need some for the Idaho game.

Didn't the Big Sky use distance to determine rivalries? In that case UI and UM would be EWU's rivals. That's a much better set of rivals than PSU.

WTF Big Sky?

WILDCATFAN said:
The sad thing about the stats above is the one team of the 4 who ISN'T known for their football program has the most road wins in the playoffs since 2008.
When you have a losing record in playoffs, you have to find something to take away.

Can't wait for the Idaho rivalry to resume. They will be tough for this conference to handle.

footballdood said:
Didn't the Big Sky use distance to determine rivalries? In that case UI and UM would be EWU's rivals. That's a much better set of rivals than PSU.

WTF Big Sky?
It has to be balanced with other conference members. EWU is not the only member of the BSC. UM is taken with traditional rivals. Not so much tradition at EWU.

IdaEag92 said:
Really bumed we arn't considered rivals. Even more bumed my son on Eastern ol won't get a chance to square off against Reggie Tillman this year or now ever. Will is a year behind Reggie, They had many heated battles in high school,Will playing for Troy Idaho , and Reggie playing for Genesee.AS heated a rivalry as Montana and Eastern. Will is a backup guard for the eagles, just thought it would be nestalgic,two 8 man players going against each other in college. Im a die hard Eagle fan, I love the competition, your stadium and fans are wild and great, like the Packers against the Seahawks. No matter how many times we play each other i'm there.Hope it's wild and crazy. On anothe note,I raise potatoes, if u gyes need some for the Idaho game.
IdaEag92 just wondering if you get you seed potatoes from over in the Manhattan MT area?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IdaEag92 said:

:clap: :thumb:

WILDCATFAN said:

Other than those 4 you are spot on, since 2008 the rest of the conference is 0-10. The real sad part about that stat is only 3 of those losses were road losses.

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing the 0-7 home record or the fact that TWO of those losses are to non-scholly San Diego FFS.

kemajic said:
WILDCATFAN said:
When you have a losing record in playoffs, you have to find something to take away.

I'll take my 2 road wins by a non fcs power team in a 10 year span over 1 road win by an actual fcs power in the same span any day.

AZGrizFan said:
WILDCATFAN said:

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing the 0-7 home record or the fact that TWO of those losses are to non-scholly San Diego FFS.

Can't it be both?

Back