• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

tailgate before spring game

717s7e

Anyone know any details? Is this inside? If it is raining, can I keep the kids entertained inside? What's for food?

Have not heard the details but looks like the weather is going to be good. I am hoping for 8k there today...thinking more like 4-5

Note to marketing staff folks: Next time, let us know the details ahead of time, such as what will be served at the tailgate, will the concessions be open, will there be programs (some people around me had one but there were none at the gate I came through). Thanks, though. It was a nice experience but a bit frustrating for me as I tried to convince my wife to bring the kids and she wanted to know the scoop and there was no information available on the GoGriz site or in the paper.

717s7e said:
Note to marketing staff folks: Next time, let us know the details ahead of time, such as what will be served at the tailgate, will the concessions be open, will there be programs (some people around me had one but there were none at the gate I came through). Thanks, though. It was a nice experience but a bit frustrating for me as I tried to convince my wife to bring the kids and she wanted to know the scoop and there was no information available on the GoGriz site or in the paper.

Cheerleaders were handing out programs when you walk into the GSA tailgate. They were 1 dollar.

717s7e said:

I agree. I thought it was odd that there wasn't more general information ahead of time, given the general promotion of the scrimmage.

Agreed on all those points. The other thing they need to do is close down Stadium Drive, if they are going to have a full tailgate atmosphere like that. That was flat out dangerous with kids running around, etc. Not good.

I would hope any university representative reading the feedback would pass it along for someone to act on going forward. Not knowing what to expect is one of those reasons by people decide not to attend/participate or to return in the future. & with a safety issue like Raider notes, it’s got to be addressed. Someone being injured @ one of these kinds of events takes the shine off in a hurry.

Raider said:
Agreed on all those points. The other thing they need to do is close down Stadium Drive, if they are going to have a full tailgate atmosphere like that. That was flat out dangerous with kids running around, etc. Not good.

Especially when the kids are use to having that street closed.

Back