• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spoiler Alert

Griz til I die

DONOR
Did anybody watch the Facebook live today with Riley Corcoran where they were previewing the spring game? Any way while I was watching it, they were talking about our schedule next year and I heard Riley say we play UNI under the lights next year. :D So I think we know what time that game is kicking off in case anyone is curious.

Last year’s home opener was brutally hot and miserable. I will be happy if this years opener is a night game!
Go Griz!

GottaluvGriz said:
Last year’s home opener was brutally hot and miserable. I will be happy if this years opener is a night game!
Go Griz!
That was the most miserable experience I’ve ever had at a Griz game.

Losses included.

Not really surprised by this. Should ALWAYS have the first 1-2 home games at night. Gets hot out there!

There's nothing like a night game in September. Both schools should have all their September games be night games. Especially a big game like this. The atmosphere of a big game at night beats all. If it wasn't so cold, night games for Cat/griz would be sweet.

Am I remembering correctly? I did read BH is not a fan of night games, correct? I honestly don't remember. Seems like maybe I remember Remax saying something to that effect?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

uofmman1122 said:
GottaluvGriz said:
Go Griz!

Losses included.
97 in the full sun of the east side was not for the faint of heart. Some had to leave for shade at the half; a lot of discussion regarding what the hell those lights were for.

...the lights are in life like...
...the philosophy of the condom...
...have them when you don't need one...
...than need one when you don't have them...

... :cool: ...

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
GottaluvGriz said:
Go Griz!

Losses included.
97 in the full sun of the east side was not for the faint of heart. Some had to leave for shade at the half; a lot of discussion regarding what the hell those lights were for.
No kidding. It didn't help that the pace was slow, the offense looked terrible, and the play was incredibly sloppy. Just a boring, miserable game.

We should be having at least 2 night games a year, like others have said.

I heard from a few people inside the department that the attempt was to have both OOC home games night games this year. However, they were having difficulty negotiating part of it. not sure if it was the TV side or opponent side that was giving them some conflict. last I heard, and this was a while ago...one night game and one later afternoon game.

Would be great to have UNI and Drake under the lights.

We got totAlly cooked by half and did not return for a sloppy game

Most in our section sought what little shade available

Post by George Ferguson » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:09 pm

IMeanGrizness wrote: ↑Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:34 pm
I hope the night game isn't too late, its hard for some us to drive afterwards when we have a long way home.
The UNI game will kick at 7 p.m.
I totally get the perspective of the heat at the early September games. But there is a downside to the night games. Those of us who have to travel must be prepared for a rather large expense for that weekend. Those without season tickets have to obtain tickets, have mileage, meals and motel to consider. Add them up and we look at a $300 to $400 weekend minimally. So we have to balance support with fiscal reality. I was really looking forward to the UNI game but now I may wait until the Drake game IF that is a at a reasonable time to drive home. I'm sure it is obvious but we are older and no longer wish to drive at night. I'm not complaining - just the way it is but if they are not sell-outs there are extraneous circumstances you should consider.

another option for the heat - Minimal Dress Game Time Attire. Men would be required to dress in underwear only. The tried and true Jocky whity-tightys would be preferred but upscale Under Armour or similar would be allowed. For women it would be bra and panties although exceptions to the bra rule would be allowed. That should generate some Griz fan action as well as national attention. GSA could sell spray bottles to keep things cool.

IMeanGrizness said:
I hope the night game isn't too late, its hard for some us to drive afterwards when we have a long way home.
That's why we stay in town on Saturday nights. The late season noon starts are more of a hardship, where we have to stay in town two nights. Yes! to the night games.

I'm in the older crowd, and hate night driving. But, it was either a round trip to Missoula, or stay home. Start 0600, end 0030. Very tiring. You do what ya gotta do. :roll:

Back