• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Think We're Going to Have a Team

PlayerRep

I liked everything I saw at practice today. Players, coaches, hustle, attitude, tackles, catches, throws, runs, drills, and fans. The team looks very fit.

Some great catches, including by Bingham, JLM and Akem. A few drops. Some nice coverage by Nash.

A great goal line running and tackling drill. Runner and 2 defenders on back (at goal line), until whistle. Nice tackling.

Practice is fast-paced and busy. All hustle, including on and off field, and all players running downfield to cover or chase longer plays. Players off the field waiting their turns, often doing separate drills. Injured players doing various conditioning and other drills. While I assume the Griz will be harder and faster, especially the D, practices are definitely faster and hard. Fairly physical today, without full tackling in 11 on 11.

Great attitude by players.

Sachs is a talker. The corner coach provides considerable feedback and instruction, without raising voice.

Mick Delaney and MIck Dennehy in attendance. A good number of observers. Lots of athletic dept people.

I'm excited. Look forward to the scrimmage.

Good stuff PR! Wish I could get to the game this year and see for myself. Guess I'll have to wait until Sept.

GO GRIZ!

Another thing I learned earlier, was that this team has a big desire to improve and win. A great attitude. This should help counteract any weak spots.

The change in attitude and intensity from last spring to this spring is impressive. Team is buying in - that is obvious.

Thanks PR, the entire coacing staff seems to be holding players accountable. A little old school fire brewing on the field. Mixed with precise uptempo practice. Will be good to hear your thoughts on some of the players. 33 catches the eyes in team drills, might be a big year for Olsen.

I liked every play and player I happened to look at, other than several drops.

Intensity is a good description, 5700. True.

I was never a Stitt hater, but this group of coaches seems to be way more on top of things.

In the 1 on 2 drill by the goal line, JLM did his jump and summersault right over the defenders.

Didn't see a fumble. Didn't see or notice a pick.

Didn't see any special teams play. Hauck probably isn't emphasizing that. Ha.

Diesel said:
Thanks PR, the entire coacing staff seems to be holding players accountable. A little old school fire brewing on the field. Mixed with precise uptempo practice. Will be good to hear your thoughts on some of the players. 33 catches the eyes in team drills, might be a big year for Olsen.

Yes

Pretty tremendous change in team attitude and intensity from the first week through today. I'm with PR, this group still has quite a bit to do to come together to being a winning football team... but I'm really liking what I see. Fast paced, tough attitudes, intense drills.

As for PR not seeing special teams drills he was too busy chatting because they were running a ton of individual ST drills across the field from him haha.

PlayerRep said:
I liked every play and player I happened to look at, other than several drops.

Intensity is a good description, 5700. True.

I was never a Stitt hater, but this group of coaches seems to be way more on top of things.

In the 1 on 2 drill by the goal line, JLM did his jump and summersault right over the defenders.

Didn't see a fumble. Didn't see or notice a pick.

Didn't see any special teams play. Hauck probably isn't emphasizing that. Ha.
Bingham’s second ground to goal line wiggle/stiff arm walk-in was pretty good also. Defense had some good stuffs also. Have to agree with the pass drops more than can be blamed on the weather. Both QBs were dropping dimes.

I’m glad to hear this will be a championship year, despite what Coach says about the offensive line. :thumb:

It’s seems pretty fundamental, but receivers blocking down field everybody else running down field behind the play, blocking protecting the ball if it pops out, doesn’t always get coached up. Things sound very promising. Right on Bobby

griz5700 said:
BOBBY HAUCK IS BACK, PPL.

EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOVE waving those imaginary championship flags from his last stint here at my tailgate....

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I LOVE waving those imaginary championship flags from his last stint here at my tailgate....

Maybe he’s only expecting Big Sky championships.

Coming from two guys who would be happy if Bob Stitt were still running the program into the ground...

griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Coming from two guys who would be happy if Bob Stitt were still running the program into the ground...

+1. Sad

if you haven't seen this, it is excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=132&v=YLAiU6U1nSc

griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Not this guy. I always hoped Stitt could do it but after year three it was obvious it wasn’t gonna happen. Super stoked Haucks back and I think he’s the best guy for the job. I’m sure I don’t need to remind you though that he still has yet to win his 1st natty.

alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not this guy. I always hoped Stitt could do it but after year three it was obvious it wasn’t gonna happen. Super stoked Haucks back and I think he’s the best guy for the job. I’m sure I don’t need to remind you though that he still has yet to win his 1st natty.

People who say this have no appreciation for how incredible Hauck's last run at Montana was.

Back