• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tru

EverettGriz said:
Rams trade for Marcus Peters today likely signifies the end of Tru’s time with the Rams.

He’s going to get big time money on the open market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't have much cap space, but I'd love the Packers to sign Tru!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He will likely get a 3 to 5 year contract. It will less than he got yearly the past 2 years, but he was getting franchise money then. He will do well for himself in current market. Good for him. Pretty good for a guy forced into playing his true freshman year after switching from receiver.

grizatwork said:
He will likely get a 3 to 5 year contract. It will less than he got yearly the past 2 years, but he was getting franchise money then. He will do well for himself in current market. Good for him. Pretty good for a guy forced into playing his true freshman year after switching from receiver.

Sell it Bobby...SELL IT!

grizband said:

So would I but it will never happen (IMO). The Pack is working on extending Aaron Rodgers and they need to figure out how to do that, and deal with huge holes in their defense....and possibly problems in the WR group.

Tru would definitely help with the defense but most likely will command twice (or more) in salary than the Pack can afford at that position.

VictorG said:
grizband said:

So would I but it will never happen (IMO). The Pack is working on extending Aaron Rodgers and they need to figure out how to do that, and deal with huge holes in their defense....and possibly problems in the WR group.

Tru would definitely help with the defense but most likely will command twice (or more) in salary than the Pack can afford at that position.

My Eagles are in the same Salary Cap Hell as the Packers. Tru would be a great fit for the Eagles. Fortunately, the Eagles were brilliant in drafting Washington CB Sydney Jones last year, knowing his injury would limit him for a season. Fast forward to now, Jones would be the #1 or #2 CB in the 2018 NFL draft. Jones will be ready to go 100% this coming season. That is great preparation by the Eagles. The Eagles also have a lot of long term high dollar contracts in place. That gives them a lot of flexibility in restructuring contracts to help beat the Cap.

What teams are in need of CB help that have good cap space? Either way, I am sure Tru will make out damn well in the free agency market.

mtgrizrule said:
VictorG said:
grizband said:

My Eagles are in the same Salary Cap Hell as the Packers. Tru would be a great fit for the Eagles. Fortunately, the Eagles were brilliant in drafting Washington CB Sydney Jones last year, knowing his injury would limit him for a season. Fast forward to now, Jones would be the #1 or #2 CB in the 2018 NFL draft. Jones will be ready to go 100% this coming season. That is great preparation by the Eagles. The Eagles also have a lot of long term high dollar contracts in place. That gives them a lot of flexibility in restructuring contracts to help beat the Cap.

What teams are in need of CB help that have good cap space? Either way, I am sure Tru will make out damn well in the free agency market.

Chicago. They were ranked 11th in available salary cap space then released Jerrell Freeman giving them even more. Having Fuller and Tru would be wicked. But then again, George McCaskey is a first rate cheap skate.

He could be a Raider, I don’t think they brought a secondary to any of their games last year anyway.

reinell30 said:
Why doesn't he stay where he is? Peters on one side and Tru on the other...

Great post! Who’s to say. At 6”2’Tru really is the prototype NFL CB now. It may happen...

CV Griz Fan said:
reinell30 said:
Why doesn't he stay where he is? Peters on one side and Tru on the other...

Great post! Who’s to say. At 6”2’Tru really is the prototype NFL CB now. It may happen...
The Rams would need to franchise Tru again if they want to keep him, as they’re not going to sign him to a deal for the money he’s looking for, especially now that his replacement is on the team, and they’re poised to use the tag on Lamarcus Joyner.

It’s pretty much guaranteed he won’t be a Ram next year.

I am a Rams fan and a Trumaine Johnson fan and watched as many games as I could last year. I was frequently underwhelmed by his position on the field. He seems to thrive on deep and out routes but struggles on other stuff. That said I wish he would stay a Ram but won't cry if he goes. Wherever he plays I hope that someday he chooses to remember his Montana roots a la Michael Roos.

Grisly Fan said:
I am a Rams fan and a Trumaine Johnson fan and watched as many games as I could last year. I was frequently underwhelmed by his position on the field. He seems to thrive on deep and out routes but struggles on other stuff. That said I wish he would stay a Ram but won't cry if he goes. Wherever he plays I hope that someday he chooses to remember his Montana roots a la Michael Roos.

Toward the end of last season Tru's younger brother told me that Tru would not be back in LA in 2018 and that the Bears were the most likely landing spot (although obviously a lot can change quickly in that regard).

dupuyer griz said:
He could be a Raider, I don’t think they brought a secondary to any of their games last year anyway.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Latest posts

Back