• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Former Griz McCauley Todd to coach at UMW

GrizFBDad

DONOR
McCauley Todd will start his college coaching career at Montana Western. He will be moving to the other side of the ball to coach the Defensive Line.

Good luck to him. Western is an interesting school, with an interesting and pretty good athletic program, and in a fairly cool area, especially if you like outdoor activities. My nephew coached D-line there, after playing D-line there, as well as a year of basketball. He loved it. A lot of good coaches have gone through Western. The school has a great tradition of turning out topnotch teachers. I like the Mexican food, food truck, especially the breakfast burritos.

This kid played football at Western, then tried to walk on at UM (Phlu wanted him as a receiver, I believe, but the kid got crosswise with Gee and she didn't let him get on the field), and then went to rugby and now plays for the USA Eagle 7's rugby team. Great athlete. He comes back to Missoula fairly often.

"College football didn’t work out for the 6-foot-1, 225-pounder out of Wahiawa, Hawaii. Rugby was a different story.

Iosefo, who is 24, has had quite the ride – from Hawaii to Dillon, to Missoula and to Chicago and Seattle. He’s back in Missoula now, filling out his requirements for a degree in psychology and minor in special education.

“He’s a pretty phenomenal athlete,” said Skip Hegman, who coaches the Jesters, UM’s rugby club. “He just has some freakish skills. He runs a 4.5-second 40, has a 37-inch vertical leap. I would like to say it was coaching, but he has such great athleticism.”

http://missoulian.com/sports/catch-all/fritz-neighbor-exhibit-a-for-giving-rugby-the-college-try/article_e3525e00-281c-11e4-9c59-0019bb2963f4.html

Back