• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Football players leaving this Winter/Spring/Summer (15)

Paytonlives

Staff member
QB- Gresch Jensen (Transferred to Fullerton College)
QB- Nate Dick (Transferred to Rocky)
RB- Cody McCombs (Transferred to Rocky)
RB- Josh Deshner (Not on gogriz)
WR- Jared Thurber (Not on gogriz)
WR-Braxton Reiten (Not on gogriz)
OL- Payton Stoner (Transferred to Golden West college)
OL- Ashton Torres

DL- Chris Favoroso
DE- Trevor Hoerner (Not on gogriz)
LB- Kendall Sweet (Retired from football)
LB- Gage Smith (Not on gogriz)
CB- Markell Sanders (injury?)
CB- Curtis Holms (Transferred to Hampton)
S- Isiahia Banks (Unhappy w/ school choice)

dayday said:
Crisis situation at OL for depth and experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see it that way. But would expect some help this summer after the OL is evaluated

Stoner hurts. He was a monster. I know officially Dick didn't leave until the semester was over, but he was leaving even if Stitt stayed or if Nick Saban was coming to coach the Griz, so I don't think his departure really counts as a regime change departure.

Agreed though, there will be more departures, including players that would impact the two-deep next fall.

Paytonlives said:
dayday said:

I don’t see it that way. But would expect some help this summer after the OL is evaluated

Going to have to I’m thinking.

Paytonlives said:
Won’t be the last. Spring is going to be interesting

[tweet]https://twitter.com/erictaber/status/966816533031694336[/tweet]

Is he transferring or just done with football?

Sam A. Blitz said:
Paytonlives said:
dayday said:

You feel good about our OT depth?

They are now down to less 10 total oline going into spring. And that assumes no more quit...... That to me is a serious issue, both in what can be done in spring ball (can't even fill an "A" and "B" line for the rest of the team to practice with and against.....and next fall oh boy

Ursus1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Paytonlives said:
dayday said:

They are now down to less 10 total oline going into spring. And that assumes no more quit...... That to me is a serious issue, both in what can be done in spring ball (can't even fill an "A" and "B" line for the rest of the team to practice with and against.....and next fall oh boy

It is beginning to look like our TE's will be used a lot in protection and blocking schemes this season.

Ursus1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Paytonlives said:
dayday said:

This ^^^^^ Bobby better really take it easy on the rest of the Oline guys
they need to be pampered and coddled .... :lol:

Ursus1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Paytonlives said:
dayday said:

next fall or this fall? This fall, without Stoner, we have 16 total OL set to attend camp, not including transfers, which I guarantee we'll get. So plenty of bodies this fall. This spring we'll definitely be thin on bodies for practice. NEXT fall, we won't have graduated any O-line so we'll have everyone ( barring transfers) back plus a presumably large o-line class in 2019 as Bobby plans to load this team up with linemen. Nuts that David Reese is the only o-lineman we signed in 2014 and he didn't get to redshirt because we were so thin then. He should be a redshirt senior this year and he was just coming into his own. Bummer.

Guess can always move some more WR this time to oline like their answer to no getting dropdown/JC corners ....will be interesting with 175 pound tackles 🤔

Ursus1 said:
Guess can always move some more WR this time to oline like their answer to no getting dropdown/JC corners ....will be interesting with 175 pound tackles 🤔

Could always duct tape a couple of them together.

Alaska Griz said:
Ursus1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Paytonlives said:

next fall or this fall? This fall, without Stoner, we have 16 total OL set to attend camp, not including transfers, which I guarantee we'll get. So plenty of bodies this fall. This spring we'll definitely be thin on bodies for practice. NEXT fall, we won't have graduated any O-line so we'll have everyone ( barring transfers) back plus a presumably large o-line class in 2019 as Bobby plans to load this team up with linemen. Nuts that David Reese is the only o-lineman we signed in 2014 and he didn't get to redshirt because we were so thin then. He should be a redshirt senior this year and he was just coming into his own. Bummer.

This fall 2018. Very hard to count on true freshman to play oline, so depth will still be a major issue unless transfers come.....so they sure better come as you guarantee.

Back