• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Baer interview

An interesting interview. Baer seems like a great guy. He wants to be very physical and aggressive and play harder than the rest of the conference. Said all of his NFL kids, of which there have been many, were the hardest workers, loved to play football, and had heart. Also talent, of course. Thanks for posting it.

Well he sounds like a football coach and I like his statements about the players have to know you care about them to buy in. I like SOME of his experience but don’t like others. However I need to see some practices or scrimmages to know what the scheme is and how the players do in that scheme before I officially sign off. I also doubt his recruiting ability in this day in age. Again these are all things he can prove to me in the next year. He could be great, mediocre or terrible. I’m just not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
Well he sounds like a football coach and I like his statements about the players have to know you care about them to buy in. I like SOME of his experience but don’t like others. However I need to see some practices or scrimmages to know what the scheme is and how the players do in that scheme before I officially sign off. I also doubt his recruiting ability in this day in age. Again these are all things he can prove to me in the next year. He could be great, mediocre or terrible. I’m just not sure.

I’m still not buying this argument that he’s too old to recruit kids today. Him and Nick Saban are the exact same age and I think Saban does ok as a recruiter.

alabamagrizzly said:
dayday said:

I’m still not buying this argument that he’s too old to recruit kids today. Him and Nick Saban are the exact same age and I think Saban does ok as a recruiter.

I think that’s a valid point. He of course has massive resources for support staff to do a majority of the social media and what not. Like I said I’m just going to wait and see this year.

dayday said:
alabamagrizzly said:
dayday said:

I think that’s a valid point. He of course has massive resources for support staff to do a majority of the social media and what not. Like I said I’m just going to wait and see this year.

Most UM players loved MIck Delaney. They appreciated how friendly he was and how interested he was in them and their families. He was a good recruiter. I would have loved to have been coached by someone who had coached at all the places he's coached.

Very impressive coach! I can not wait to see the improvement on defense this year! More physical will be great
to see!!! I expect the Griz will be the leader in the BSC this year!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Griz!

Loved his comment when he said "well I was his second choice but that is OK"

I also think it's pretty impressive that Hauck tried to recruit him to Montana before. I think he and his staff are going to do just fine

One thing Choate said when he came on board was something to the effect of, I can't sit here and promise you we're going to win the National Championship, but I can promise you we're going to play a tough, physical brand of football and teams will remember playing MSU. Recruiting for it and playing tough and physical is Choate's number one focus. Last year in one of Colter's interviews he asked one of the other Big Sky coaches who the most physical team in the Big Sky was and I think he said it was a tie between Weber and MSU.

The only reason I brought that up is to point out, I knew Hauck was going to emphasize that as well and Cat\griz is going to be an absolutely physical brawl for the next few years, will be fun to watch.

poorgriz said:
One thing Choate said when he came on board was something to the effect of, I can't sit here and promise you we're going to win the National Championship, but I can promise you we're going to play a tough, physical brand of football and teams will remember playing MSU. Recruiting for it and playing tough and physical is Choate's number one focus. Last year in one of Colter's interviews he asked one of the other Big Sky coaches who the most physical team in the Big Sky was and I think he said it was a tie between Weber and MSU.

The only reason I brought that up is to point out, I knew Hauck was going to emphasize that as well and Cat\griz is going to be an absolutely physical brawl for the next few years, will be fun to watch.

It's nice to see your posts when you aren't trolling or heal nipping. Informative.

PlayerRep said:
dayday said:
alabamagrizzly said:
dayday said:

Most UM players loved MIck Delaney. They appreciated how friendly he was and how interested he was in them and their families. He was a good recruiter. I would have loved to have been coached by someone who had coached at all the places he's coached.

Day, you are correct on the resources since Alabama has almost a $1.7 million budget just for recruiting. I think as far as finding the kids to recruit and how to reach out to them, Hauck himself has said that Justin Green takes on the bulk of that. I’m with you on w/holding judgement on how they’ll fare but I don’t think it’ll be as bad as some on here think.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
dayday said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Day, you are correct on the resources since Alabama has almost a $1.7 million budget just for recruiting. I think as far as finding the kids to recruit and how to reach out to them, Hauck himself has said that Justin Green takes on the bulk of that. I’m with you on w/holding judgement on how they’ll fare but I don’t think it’ll be as bad as some on here think.

Yeah I think that's a realistic outlook on it. I mean some people have such low expectations of him that he can only go up from there.

poorgriz said:

Damn.

Can you just post like this from now on?

Back