• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is what happens when you offer 100+ offers at msu

Paytonlives

Staff member
Don’t know the background but does not surprise me at all.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kegley_schuh/status/966247229274038275[/tweet]

I'm sure there is two or three sides to every story but when it comes to ethics, Choate is no Stitt. Wait and see. That is all.

signedbewildered said:
I'm sure there is two or three sides to every story but when it comes to ethics, Choate is no Stitt. Wait and see. That is all.

As far as the football program, MSU hasn't had a player on the roster from Spokane since 2015 so I don't think this is a football scholarship situation. Since this is a transfer, the student-athlete was already attending MSU. Must be another program.

Kegs is surely a great source of good info on Cat football. I am currently in Bozeman. I haven't been able to verify this rumor. Ha.

signedbewildered said:

You are more than likely correct about ethics, however coaching is another discussion.

Who cares what the bobcats are doing at any level at anything? This site loses all credibility by association with the doormat of the BSC = Bozeman!... Go Griz, Go Hauck!!

Paytonlives said:

What did the tweet say for those of us late to the party? Looks like it may have been taken down?

biga75 said:
Paytonlives said:

What did the tweet say for those of us late to the party? Looks like it may have been taken down?

She said something to the tune of: "Another student-athlete or someone from WSU (not sure what this is) and Gonzaga Prep was mislead by MSU Athletics (twitter page) on a scholarship and is now forced to transfer. I'm mad at the MSU Athletic Department."

I also know that the MSU football program hasn't had a player from the Spokane area (walk-on or scholarship) since 2015 (that player was a walk-on who didn't make the roster after spring of 2016). Since she specifically mentioned Gonzaga Prep (GP), MSU has one current senior (Hannah Caudill) on the Women's Basketball team and a sophomore (Kelly Hooper) in Women's Golf from GP.

Again, I do not think this has anything to do with the MSU football program.

Paytonlives said:

Can you post a copy of deleted tweet? or at least who tweeted it?

As of right now Choate needs to cut 12 guys before fall ball starts,to get to roster limits. Plus looking for a couple more transfers, if he finds those it will be 14 or more to cut. Obviously some would be invited back after school starts. That seems like a lot of kids to cut.

catsack said:
As of right now Choate needs to cut 12 guys before fall ball starts,to get to roster limits. Plus looking for a couple more transfers, if he finds those it will be 14 or more to cut. Obviously some would be invited back after school starts. That seems like a lot of kids to cut.

Many schools (including UM) use spring ball as sort of a tryout for walk-ons. Since seniors are gone and incoming freshman are not on campus yet, they act as basically human tackling dummies to give the team the numbers it needs for spring practice. Most will not be back in the fall. I think Deshner was the only one from last spring who was invited back in the fall. It happens everywhere.

Preferred walkons can be in the 95 at the start of camp and the rest of the walkons(I think 10 more) can come in when classes start. MSU is not unique in that aspect. It is kind of the dirty little secret. Come out, walk on, impress us,and then get cut after spring ball.

I thought this was going to be about Hero Sports ranking MSU’s recruiting class as #3 in the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbtfg said:
I thought this was going to be about Hero Sports ranking MSU’s recruiting class as #3 in the nation.

Is that the same site who ranked the Griz class #3 a few years back and you and all your ass hat friends completely criticized Hero Sports for being a joke site...yep that's the same one!

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Is that the same site who ranked the Griz class #3 a few years back and you and all your ass hat friends completely criticized Hero Sports for being a joke site...yep that's the same one!

I mean I still criticize the site.

Can't imagine MSU offered 100 kids. The Griz coaches have said they never offer the amount "listed" for them. They say a significant number of kids say they have been offered (when they haven't been), thinking it will make them look more desirable and sought after so that other schools will offer them.

wbtfg said:

Actually #1 FCS class in the country if you toss out the two non playoff eligible Ivy schools. But that's not important right now. Let's get back to talking about Michigan State University and the 100 offers thing.

Back