• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HERO Sports Top 40 2018 Big Sky Recruits

VimSince03

https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-big-sky-conference-rankings-2018-class-ajaj

So.....does someone want to tell Brian that Matthew Robinson signed with Illinois? Sure glad HERO Sports takes so much time "researching" these recruits. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Again guys....it seems pretty evident that all they do is use the 247Sports composite number and just do the ranking by sorting those numbers highest to lowest.

Despite how many Bobcats are on the list, I really don't see any "scouting" or "evaluation" going on with these rankings. I appreciate the efforts they go through to get more exposure for the FCS but the details matter. If HERO has the man power, start breaking down some film and put out multiple rankings from scouts then bring one final list together based off every evaluation.

VimSince03 said:
https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-big-sky-conference-rankings-2018-class-ajaj

So.....does someone want to tell Brian that Matthew Robinson signed with Illinois? Sure glad HERO Sports takes so much time "researching" these recruits. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Again guys....it seems pretty evident that all they do is use the 247Sports composite number and just do the ranking by sorting those numbers highest to lowest.

Despite how many Bobcats are on the list, I really don't see any "scouting" or "evaluation" going on with these rankings. I appreciate the efforts they go through to get more exposure for the FCS but the details matter. If HERO has the man power, start breaking down some film and put out multiple rankings from scouts then bring one final list together based off every evaluation.

Now Matt is off the list.

codycleve said:
the scats still have a db on the list twice.. Really well thought out.

Pretty sure those are the 2 brothers they signed. First names are different.

ahh.. I could have swore they where the same name earlier. Too much staring at a computer screen for me today. that being said, I don't think our two best recruits are on the list.

codycleve said:
ahh.. I could have swore they where the same name earlier. Too much staring at a computer screen for me today. that being said, I don't think our two best recruits are on the list.
Who are our two best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go96griz said:
codycleve said:
In my opinion Milton Mamula and Sulser. That's just my opinion and why I put I dont think.

I agree!

For one, this list gets weighted by how many offers and the quality of offer a kid has. Gabe had full-rides from UM, MSU, NDSU, UND, Hawaii, and Idaho along with a PWO from Washington yet that is not considered good enough for the list.

VimSince03 said:

I’m in a Twitter war with Brian over this right now. He didn’t rank Gabe Sulser in the top 40?! He can’t sit there and lie like he has to to me and say he honestly evaluated him. The best player to come out of Montana as a prospect since maybe Matt Miller or Osweiler. The Montana Gatorade player of the year that had a handful of FBS offers and high level FCS offers.. The list lost all credibility right there.

dayday said:
VimSince03 said:

I’m in a Twitter war with Brian over this right now. He didn’t rank Gabe Sulser in the top 40?! He can’t sit there and lie like he has to to me and say he honestly evaluated him. The best player to come out of Montana as a prospect since maybe Matt Miller or Osweiler. The Montana Gatorade player of the year that had a handful of FBS offers and high level FCS offers.. The list lost all credibility right there.

The fact that we're talking about # and quality of offers and not, ya know, football talent is the first problem. One of his rebuttals was that over 330 kids had FBS offers in the 1000+ FCS database they have so Gabe is in with a bunch of talented kids. Our argument is that Gabe is more talented than most of them.

VIM, I think most of us (Griz fans), myself included, are just bitter the cats were ranked higher. :D

VimSince03 said:
dayday said:
VimSince03 said:

The fact that we're talking about # and quality of offers and not, ya know, football talent is the first problem. One of his rebuttals was that over 330 kids had FBS offers in the 1000+ FCS database they have so Gabe is in with a bunch of talented kids. Our argument is that Gabe is more talented than most of them.

Yeah I agree with you Vim. Its not a Cat or Griz thing. It is utter lack of respect for these Montana kids. Compare Sulser's tape to EWU's Stell on that list or a Askelson to Sac. State's Armon Bailey, and it is obvious to me Brian is not even watching the tape like he claims. Then if that is the case how can this guy say he is a FCS recruiting expert. I will say it is cool for the schools to get some recognition like EWU and MSU did this year, but I just question the legitimacy of it. I questioned it three years ago too when UM had this supposed top 5 class.

It is a joke....never will you rank high as you should if you take a lot of Montana kids....they get no respect by those services. But I do think MSU did better overall than UM this year as a whole. I think UM won the Montana battle, but the out of state kids are in MSU favor. Like I said before, I think UM used some money on Montana kids that normally would not have received any scholarships and only been walking on for a couple for reasons at I won't comment on.

Ursus1 said:
It is a joke....never will you rank high as you should if you take a lot of Montana kids....they get no respect by those services. But I do think MSU did better overall than UM this year as a whole. I think UM won the Montana battle, but the out of state kids are in MSU favor. Like I said before, I think UM used some money on Montana kids that normally would not have received any scholarships and only been walking on for a couple for reasons at I won't comment on.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this assessment that MSU probably did better as a whole from the onset of course can't really tell now. I also think it is hard to compare the two schools this year. I will be much more critical of Hauck's recruiting next year if he does does not do well because he will have had a full recruiting cycle and staff to build those relationships.

MTGRZ said:
VIM, I think most of us (Griz fans), myself included, are just bitter the cats were ranked higher. :D

Kittens are always ranked higher in every off season poll. That’s just the way it is.

The only worthwhile thing I took from this list is that someone passed up an offer from Vanderbilt to attend Southern Utah? :?

Back