• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next #37

Who's going to wear 37 next year?

• Josh Sandry

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Jesse Sims

Votes: 60 63.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Bobcats suck

Votes: 51 54.3%

• Total voters

MTGRZ

I'm sure there has been discussion on previous threads, but I just wanted to see what you all think. Who's going to wear 37 next year?

Premature, I know....and maybe there will be someone else in the interim.

But I'd LOVE to see it on Robby.

I’m gonna guess Sims since it’s basically between him and Sandry and it’s a fellow D lineman given’ it away.

I voted Sandry, but I can easily see Sims. The only reason I went with Sandry is because he's a safety; and this being Bobby's return I just thought it would be appropriate. Won't be surprised if it's Sims though.

EW406 said:
GGNez said:

Was Robby born here?

I’m pretty sure he was. I remember seeing him with Bobby in Missoula as a pretty young kid.

I’ve been vocal about this lately, and I think they should go back to giving it to younger guys that can have it for a while.

I don’t like how it’s become our “preseason defensive MVP” award every year or two.

uofmman1122 said:
I’ve been vocal about this lately, and I think they should go back to giving it to younger guys that can have it for a while.

I don’t like how it’s become our “preseason defensive MVP” award every year or two.

Agreed 100%. Plus, a player’s jersey number is part of their sports identity, IMO. I still think #44 when I hear Jordy Tripp’s name.

EW406 said:
GGNez said:

Was Robby born here?

Don't think so. He would have been born in 98 or 99, so Bobby would have been at Colorado or UW at that time. Their youngest daughter was born here.

maroonandsilver said:
GGNez said:

You have to EARN it. Robby isn't even close at this point.

Of course he would have to earn it. I think GG might mean someday. It would be cool to see a Hauck wearing it again.

PDXGrizzly said:
maroonandsilver said:
GGNez said:

Of course he would have to earn it. I think GG might mean someday. It would be cool to see a Hauck wearing it again.

Well do you have to earn it or not because some people think it should be given to one of the younger kids and bypass the older ones that have paid their dues and proved their worth?

37 is always in the hands of 37. I'm sure they choose the next bearer for their own reasons, whatever they may be.

PDXGrizzly said:
maroonandsilver said:
GGNez said:

Correct. That’s what I meant by suggesting there’d likely be another in the interim. But, with Uncle Tim having been #37 and Bobby being the 37th HC, it would be cool if Robby earned it.

signedbewildered said:
PDXGrizzly said:
maroonandsilver said:
GGNez said:

Well do you have to earn it or not because some people think it should be given to one of the younger kids and bypass the older ones that have paid their dues and proved their worth?

37 is always in the hands of 37. I'm sure they choose the next bearer for their own reasons, whatever they may be.

True. Who are we to second guess that decision? I’ll stop questioning it.

PDXGrizzly said:
signedbewildered said:
PDXGrizzly said:
maroonandsilver said:

I like that it used to be passed to the Montana youngster with potential. In recent years, it starting going to players with only one year left. It's a pretty special thing regardless of how it is done, but I liked it that somebody had the jersey for 4 years. The only time this really sucked was when Carson Bender got injured and was unable to play. He kept the jersey even after retirement due to injury to reflect he was still part of the team.

go96griz said:
PDXGrizzly said:
signedbewildered said:
PDXGrizzly said:

I like that it used to be passed to the Montana youngster with potential. In recent years, it starting going to players with only one year left. It's a pretty special thing regardless of how it is done, but I liked it that somebody had the jersey for 4 years. The only time this really sucked was when Carson Bender got injured and was unable to play. He kept the jersey even after retirement due to injury to reflect he was still part of the team.

Agreed. Would be nice to get it to a younger player. Both Sims and Sandry have two years left, right?

MTGRZ said:
go96griz said:
PDXGrizzly said:
signedbewildered said:

Agreed. Would be nice to get it to a younger player. Both Sims and Sandry have two years left, right?

Correct, both will be juniors. Having said my earlier comments, I do think either would be a great representative of the number.

To rule anyone out,at this time, such as (Robby Hauck) is ridiculous! At the proper time the current #37 will have all the information he needs to pass the number on to whom "HE" feels is most deserving! If that is Robby, than GREAT! Too many people have their noses into something it doesn't belong! I personally believe Bobby's son would be a great ambassador for the number! The film I have watched, on him, shows a very, very good football player and we are lucky to have him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TS will do the right thing. Go Griz!

i_the_sky said:
To rule anyone out,at this time, such as (Robby Hauck) is ridiculous! At the proper time the current #37 will have all the information he needs to pass the number on to whom "HE" feels is most deserving! If that is Robby, than GREAT! Too many people have their noses into something it doesn't belong! I personally believe Bobby's son would be a great ambassador for the number! The film I have watched, on him, shows a very, very good football player and we are lucky to have him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TS will do the right thing. Go Griz!

He didn't graduate from a Montana high school or ever play football in Montana. If he gets the number, then the tradition is lost in my opinion. I may be a Bobcat fan but the #37 tradition is one of the best in Montana sports. Just because he's Bobby's son and was born in Montana doesn't make him an in-state product.

Back