• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MT Griz Football & the FCS (Fun Consensual Sex)

GGNez

DONOR
Some here see those who work toward sexual assault prevention as "man-haters" or see the effort as trying to take the fun out of one of the best parts of college life for many. I deeply dislike Griz Nation being misjudged due to a radical few. Same goes for the really great people who work in the trenches, helping real victims every day and trying to promote healthy sexuality in our youth. There is a group in Missoula with a new campaign entitled Explicit Consent and it's brilliant. Helping young people communicate with each other to not only ensure that sex is not forced or coerced, but that it's thoroughly enjoyed.

Here's my brief, general explanation of healthy sex, in football terms. Feel free to add on.

It’s best to remain in Prevent Defense, making short advances, only after the Fair Catch has been signaled. Know going in, there could always be a Delay of Game and you’ll just have to go home and Run the Ball Yourself. Never Go For it On 4th unless the entire team is prepared; no Encroachment, no False Starts. Roughing the Kicker or the Passer is not necessarily an automatic penalty in this case. Just make sure everyone’s onboard. And, for fuck’s sake, this is not about you. Give your receiver something to catch. Get her to the Goal Line. In fact, get her a Two-Point Conversion in Overtime. She deserves it.

Don’t ever forget, though:
Targeting = Never ok. NOPE. BYE. Gone….out of the game for good.

Forgot a couple of important points:

If your Safety is absent, it’s best to stay off the field.
Backfield play is optional, but QB and Receiver must agree. If no agreement is reached, remain in the Box.
Hurry-Up Offense is not necessarily a penalty, but it’s frowned upon.

GG, some would say that the intrigue of romance will eventually be ruined by the current focus on sex. Two people can be in love for a lifetime without ever having sex.
One person can love another without the other person knowing.

Spanky said:
GG, some would say that the intrigue of romance will eventually be ruined by the current focus on sex. Two people can be in love for a lifetime without ever having sex.
One person can love another without the other person knowing.

No doubt about it. I agree wholeheartedly. I don't think acknowledging, addressing and discussing sex takes anything from that at all.

We are sexual beings. Not talking about it, or pretending that people (other than a small minority) are going to abstain is naive and unhelpful. Talking about it and celebrating all of the good things about it isn't a bad thing.

Not talking about it is what causes all kinds of confusion and miscommunication. Like football, there are many variables - rules, contingencies, mixed signals, fumbles....

Clear communication between two people, IMO, can only enhance a romantic and loving relationship. As for sexual acts that don't involve love, certainly all participants need to be consenting and clear about what the other person wants and doesn't want.

We aren’t sexual beings, we are human beings, not animals. We don’t jump on each other like dogs or horses. Yes, some extreme people treat sex like animals and take it when they want, most don’t.
With the current national obsession on sexual harassment, beautiful relationships that develop between a man and woman will cease to occur and that will be unfortunate.

Spanky said:
We aren’t sexual beings, we are human beings, not animals. We don’t jump on each other like dogs or horses. Yes, some extreme people treat sex like animals and take it when they want, most don’t.
With the current national obsession on sexual harassment, beautiful relationships that develop between a man and woman will cease to occur and that will be unfortunate.

So, we should pretend that the majority of young people aren't engaging in sex? Keep it a secret; don't talk about it and leave it to them to figure out what's right or wrong based on thier peers' equally naive advice? That's how it used to be, for sure.

Being sexual beings doesn't mean that we jump on each other like dogs or horses. It means that we have sexual desires and attractions to one another. That can either lead to good things or bad things, depending on many factors. There are physical and emotional consequences to entering a sexual relationship. I'm not sure how open dialogue about all of that is anything other than helpful.
If you've never been able to celebrate sexuality with a partner who feels free to celebrate it as well, I'm sorry for you. You've missed out.

GG, I don’t think I’ve missed out on anything involving many relationships with women.
I think you are overstating the matter of sexism for whatever reasons you may have.
By the way, why such emphasis on athletes? Don’t law or journalism students like women?

Spanky said:
GG, I don’t think I’ve missed out on anything involving many relationships with women.
I think you are overstating the matter of sexism for whatever reasons you may have.
By the way, why such emphasis on athletes? Don’t law or journalism students like women?

Glad to know you've not missed out!

I think you've got me confused with others. This post has nothing to do with sexism. It's about healthy sexuality which is something quite different. And, really, it was meant to be light-hearted and to elicit some creative football-sex analogies from our more clever eGriz posters.

You'll have to ask the anti-Hauck crowd about the emphasis on athletes. I certainly hope law and journalism students like women. I don't think anyone sees anything wrong with liking women. Or liking men. But that's me...I like everyone.

Well everyone has a different opinion if humans are indeed animals. So there's that.

Furthermore, is there or isnt there love amongst pairs in the "animal" kingdom? I mean geese for example mate for life, unlike most humans. Then again, I guess if you're a goose it's not like you're gonna find a better looking goose....so why not mate for life?

Ponder that.

Cheers.

signedbewildered said:
Well everyone has a different opinion if humans are indeed animals. So there's that.

Furthermore, is there or isnt there love amongst pairs in the "animal" kingdom? I mean geese for example mate for life, unlike most humans. Then again, I guess if you're a goose it's not like you're gonna find a better looking goose....so why not mate for life?

Ponder that.

Cheers.

Lobsters, too, I'm told.

Looking for some good football/healthy sex metaphors, Signed. Put your thinking cap on.

Spanky said:
GG, let it rest

Yes, dear.

I AM working on a writing assignment and as many of these aforementioned analogies/metaphors that I can get would be very helpful. PM if you have one too clever to keep to yourself.

Over and out.

A girlfriend of mine has begun experimenting with a two back set. She'll typically send them up different holes to create misdirection and allow for running room, but will occasionally send both backs up the same hole. When both backs are in sync it's a real load for the defense to handle even when they know it's coming. Typically she reserves this formation for a change of pace. However, building the game plan around it can really wear down the defense, which can lead to sloppy tackling and long, sustained drives later in the game.

Alaska Griz said:
A girlfriend of mine has begun experimenting with a two back set. She'll typically send them up different holes to create misdirection and allow for running room, but will occasionally send both backs up the same hole. When both backs are in sync it's a real load for the defense to handle even when they know it's coming. Typically she reserves this formation for a change of pace. However, building the game plan around it can really wear down the defense, which can lead to sloppy tackling and long, sustained drives later in the game.

Excellent work.

MrTitleist said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Does targeting include leading with your helmet? Just checking....

I won't let this high quality post go unnoticed.

Damn, thanks MrT. Missed it. Astute observation, CV. Will certainly need to clearly define which definition of “targeting” in the final draft.

Back