• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

RE: lowest attendance since 2007

That is because DIV 1 football is pricing out too many fans at many schools. That includes the U of Montana.

Without all those business tax breaks for college tickets & suites go forward, it’s going to get a lot worse.

Regional games no longer relevant or played, the shit show espn has become and the weather in the south last year affected attendance last year. Football west of the Mississipi with the crap we have to watch, not just officiating, will contribute to the lack of interest. UCLA f..ked up because who gives a shit about touch football? Check back in five years though.

ESPN forces Mountain West schools into 8pm (or later) kickoffs pretty regularly.. kills attendance at those schools, but the TV contract outweighs the lack of fans in the stands. Ever been in Laramie in November for an 8pm kickoff? lol.. not fun, if you can even get to town. I mean, we all love #MACtion on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, but ever see fans at those games? Nope.. those stands are empty. By the time the PAC12 has kicked off the east coast is already in bed. ESPN can certainly share a lot of blame here.

Plus, god damn millennials.

Fix this Griz Nation! Renew your season tickets. Bring friends to the game. Lets fill our stadium once again for every game. Take care of our own 1st.

MrTitleist said:
ESPN forces Mountain West schools into 8pm (or later) kickoffs pretty regularly.. kills attendance at those schools, but the TV contract outweighs the lack of fans in the stands. Ever been in Laramie in November for an 8pm kickoff? lol.. not fun, if you can even get to town. I mean, we all love #MACtion on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, but ever see fans at those games? Nope.. those stands are empty. By the time the PAC12 has kicked off the east coast is already in bed. ESPN can certainly share a lot of blame here.

That is true. I went to the CSU/Boise State game (I didn't care about the game really, but wanted to see their new stadium) and the kick-off was at 8:17 or so. The game went into 2 overtimes and didn't get over until 12:30AM. There was hardly anyone left to watch a fantastic finish.

BigSkyBears said:
MrTitleist said:

That is true. I went to the CSU/Boise State game (I didn't care about the game really, but wanted to see their new stadium) and the kick-off was at 8:17 or so. The game went into 2 overtimes and didn't get over until 12:30AM. There was hardly anyone left to watch a fantastic finish.

Is that the game the sheep blew a hilarious lead?

MrTitleist said:
BigSkyBears said:
MrTitleist said:

Is that the game the sheep blew a hilarious lead?

Yes! It was great!

Back