• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Official Winter Olympics Thread

PlayerRep

I think the board should have a single Winter Olympics thread. It's the dead season. Recruiting done. Nothing till Spring Ball.

Three competitors from Montana. One from Missoula.

Impesonators kicked out of opening ceremony.

https://twitter.com/PHancocksCNN/status/961929261052407808/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fdonald-trump-kim-jong-un-impersonators-cause-stir-kicked-olympics-opening-ceremony-133731703.html

PlayerRep said:
I think the board should have a single Winter Olympics thread. It's the dead season. Recruiting done. Nothing till Spring Ball.

DEAD SEASON ! Come on switch posts to BB, there things are heating up , March is getting closer and it's the best time of year.
Let FB go until April and the spring session.

Grizzoola said:
AZDoc said:
I watched me a bunch of Curling last night. Love that stuff!
Competitors will be competitors, whatever the sport.

I'm actually serious though...that stuff is great. Also watched the american kid take a huge digger on the ice during the team competition. Hope he pulls through for his events.

AZDoc said:
Not exactly a "hot" sport, but quite fascinating to watch. I think the new (to the Olympics) mixed-doubles version is going to be a major growth area for the sport. Reducing the number of turns and putting the curlers on a fairly tight clock ("thinking time") are great innovations. Maybe something that old-style curling should learn from.

We're just recording everything (because we can :) ) and then picking and choosing something to watch. Last night was the "normal" hill qualifying for ski jumping. Again, not a slam-bang sport like the various snow-board things, but with enough risk to keep it interesting. I can "appreciate" the wonderful athletic skills of the ice skaters, but can't get too excited about a "competition" where so much of the scoring is highly subjective.

PlayerRep said:

You're not going to tell a story on how you're an all pro skier and skied down Mount Everest from the very top?

...the mixed curling...
...woman always the sweeper...
...got to be a lawsuit there somewhere...

... :) ...

jcu27 said:
PlayerRep said:

You're not going to tell a story on how you're an all pro skier and skied down Mount Everest from the very top?

Oh, it's coming. Or maybe just something as prosaic as his recent lunch at the Mo Club with Phil Mahre, Tommy Moe and Bode Miller. They all had a nice chuckle as PR regaled them with the story of his 4th place finish at Kitzbuhel...on one ski!

jcu27 said:
PlayerRep said:

No, but I've been to the Winter Olympics, including to the SLC Olympics twice. At the "big" party, the SI party on the last Sat. night, at Club Splash, I danced with Katarina Witt and Michele Qwan. Thanks for asking. Good set up. Keep it up. I have a lifetime of stories for you.

IdaGriz01 said:
AZDoc said:
Not exactly a "hot" sport, but quite fascinating to watch. I think the new (to the Olympics) mixed-doubles version is going to be a major growth area for the sport. Reducing the number of turns and putting the curlers on a fairly tight clock ("thinking time") are great innovations. Maybe something that old-style curling should learn from.

We're just recording everything (because we can :) ) and then picking and choosing something to watch. Last night was the "normal" hill qualifying for ski jumping. Again, not a slam-bang sport like the various snow-board things, but with enough risk to keep it interesting. I can "appreciate" the wonderful athletic skills of the ice skaters, but can't get too excited about a "competition" where so much of the scoring is highly subjective.
If you love this shuffle board is coming for the summer games.

PlayerRep said:
jcu27 said:
PlayerRep said:

No, but I've been to the Winter Olympics, including to the SLC Olympics twice. At the "big" party, the SI party on the last Sat. night, at Club Splash, I danced with Katarina Witt and Michele Qwan. Thanks for asking. Good set up. Keep it up. I have a lifetime of stories for you.

ah, slc. good friend's father, who lived in laussane, was samaranch's #2 man in the i.o.c.. credentials from him resulted in a car with driver, vip entry and seating to every venue. hockey from the first few rows is quite the spectacle. will never go to the olympics again, just because once you've seen them like that, nothing is going to compare.

i guess they are selling the house on lake geneva. too bad.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
jcu27 said:
PlayerRep said:

ah, slc. good friend's father, who lived in laussane, was samaranch's #2 man in the i.o.c.. credentials from him resulted in a car with driver, vip entry and seating to every venue. hockey from the first few rows is quite the spectacle. will never go to the olympics again, just because once you've seen them like that, nothing is going to compare.

We've hiked on the Olympic Peninsula (Washington state, not Greece :? ). Does that get any name-dropper points? :lol: :lol: :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
jcu27 said:

We've hiked on the Olympic Peninsula (Washington state, not Greece :? ). Does that get any name-dropper points? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It does with me, as we've done the same.šŸ˜€

Back