• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Preseason Recognition for Josh Buss

Is Buss one of those players that Stitt/Semore softened up? If so, it might take some time for him to become Hauckified.

AllWeatherFan said:
Is Buss one of those players that Stitt/Semore softened up? If so, it might take some time for him to become Hauckified.

Bush was the only current player mentioned by Hauck at the signing day lunch today.

AllWeatherFan said:
So you're saying he's already been Hauckified?

Reese Phillips said he was the toughest player on the last year, along with Strahm. Think he's already Hauck tough.

Do you really think the team won't get tougher and more physical, as well as bigger and stronger, under Hauck? Man, I think they will.

AllWeatherFan said:
Will Buss get tougher, more physical, bigger and stronger? Maybe - that would be awesome :thumb:.

I suspect that he will get better at some of those things. He's has improved in one or more of those categories each year so far. The lifting regimen seems to be changing a bit. Sounds like more heavy lifting coming.

AllWeatherFan said:
Will Buss get tougher, more physical, bigger and stronger? Maybe - that would be awesome :thumb:.

I've said this in another thread, but I suspect the scheme will allow him to use his already tough, physical nature and look even better. He wasn't always used the right way IMO. The kid is tougher than nails but it will stand out even more now.

grizd said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I've said this in another thread, but I suspect the scheme will allow him to use his already tough, physical nature and look even better. He wasn't always used the right way IMO. The kid is tougher than nails but it will stand out even more now.

Regarding scheme, Loren Utterback was so similar to Buss yet he wasn't allowed to take any chances and make plays out of position. He would have had incredible stats if the scheme/coaching allowed him to. Utterback played during Hauck's first stint. Could this be what's in store for Buss? I hope not but it could be a possibility.

go96griz said:
grizd said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Regarding scheme, Loren Utterback was so similar to Buss yet he wasn't allowed to take any chances and make plays out of position. He would have had incredible stats if the scheme/coaching allowed him to. Utterback played during Hauck's first stint. Could this be what's in store for Buss? I hope not but it could be a possibility.

Loren Utterback? I would've thought more Brent Meyers.

Back