• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why oh why?

fltheadgriz said:
Why in the world was North Alabama (a D II school) scheduled for the second game of 2019?
If I recall correctly, they may be scheduled for a move-up by then.

fltheadgriz said:
Why in the world was North Alabama (a D II school) scheduled for the second game of 2019?

Theyre an independent in the Fcs this year and 2019 theyll be a member of the Big South.

fltheadgriz said:

They are playing as a FCS independent in 2018 and will be a member of the Big South in 2019. Google is your friend.

kemajic said:
fltheadgriz said:
If I recall correctly, they may be scheduled for a move-up by then.
From Wiki: The North Alabama Lions football team represents the University of North Alabama (UNA) in the Football Championship Subdivision competing as an Independent for the 2018 season, then as a member of the Big South Conference beginning in 2019.

This may not be a cupcake game:

The Lions are distinguished as the only team to win three consecutive football national championships in NCAA Division II. UNA's 27 consecutive weeks at No. 1 in the Division II polls also comprise the longest stretch of consecutive No. 1 rankings in football in NCAA history on any level. UNA is the last Division II team to beat a Division I-A (FBS) team, defeating Southwestern Louisiana (now Louisiana–Lafayette) on October 11, 1997.[3] In 2016, UNA won their fourth consecutive Gulf South Conference championship — a conference record. Since 1990, the Lions have posted a 233–89–1 record giving them the best win percentage (.721) in the state of Alabama over that time frame.[4]

Too bad this isn’t a home and home. It’d be nice to go to Griz game and not have to spend a days drive to get there.

Thought this was the game that filled in the 2nd gap in our schedule left by the McNeese cancellation but our home and home with them was for 16/17...

Latest posts

Back