• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt lands at Ok State

dayday

DONOR
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/954109908324003841

Lands at Oklahoma State as offensive analyst. Nice landing spot for him for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/954109908324003841

Lands at Oklahoma State as offensive analyst. Nice landing spot for him for a year.

Will be on the same offensive staff as former Bobcat OL coach Jason McEndoo who has coached Tight Ends for the past three years for the Cowboys.

Looks like a really good opportunity where he will still get paid good money and have a chance to do something from there. Good for him and best of luck. Does everyone on the previous staff now have a job somewhere except for Semore at this point? Anybody know anything on Semore status?

I believe coach Stitt is really in his element here focusing on just the offense! He had to many irons in the fire at Montana. I know he gave all he had to give and that's all you can do! I respect him very much and know he will do well at OSU HAPPY TO SEE HIM BACK ON THE FIELD! Good luck coach...

Good to hear. I’d like to see him get an OC position or atleast a QB coaches job for a big school. Some coaches do better in specialty positions and not so much in the HC roll.

Good for him. This is a great set up for a future Power 5 OC role. Could this be a result of the Semore connection?

Brother Bear said:
Looks like a really good opportunity where he will still get paid good money and have a chance to do something from there. Good for him and best of luck. Does everyone on the previous staff now have a job somewhere except for Semore at this point? Anybody know anything on Semore status?

From what I have heard which I can’t share on this board but yes.

Semore might still come back to the staff or least some grumblings of it but honestly have no idea what is going on there or with the remaining hires UM is making because it takes them ridiculously long to announce anything.

Really? Seems strange that Semore would be kept... in what capacity would he be looked at or a good fit? If true, why would the recruits he helped bring in, leave UM. It would seem odd Bobby would keep him but i guess stranger things have happened. I just thought with the Ty Gregorak/Semore situation from a few years ago and than the defense calls of the past year that we might want a fresh start in some areas.

Good News for Coach Stitt and I hope he does well. I never believed he was a good fit for UM but have nothing against him personally and wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

I wonder if part of the deal is he gets to keep wearing his green cap? ;)

Brother Bear said:
Really? Seems strange that Semore would be kept... in what capacity would he be looked at or a good fit? If true, why would the recruits he helped bring in, leave UM. It would seem odd Bobby would keep him but i guess stranger things have happened. I just thought with the Ty Gregorak/Semore situation from a few years ago and than the defense calls of the past year that we might want a fresh start in some areas.

Like I said it was some talk weeks ago about him coming back as just a position coach but with Baer potentially coming aboard as DC (if that’s still the case) and wanting to coach linebackers that might have changed some things. I would have thought it was a solid move because he is such a good recruiter. Semore is following on Twitter just about any coach you can think of right now which would seem to indicate he still looking for work.

Take it for what it's worth, but I inquired about 10 days ago if Semore was going to be part of the staff and I was told no. This was after hearing from several sources that he might have a role on the new staff.

go96griz said:
Take it for what it's worth, but I inquired about 10 days ago if Semore was going to be part of the staff and I was told no. This was after hearing from several sources that he might have a role on the new staff.

You should inquire why the hell it is taking so long to announce Pease and Baer. They need to be able to hit the road and recruit. Haslam indicated it was a HR thing which I’m not really buying. It does not take that long.

Way to go, Coach! I hope he lands in the Big Sky someday (Northern Colo?), just so he can wreak vengeance on the Cats. Yeah, I can be just a little vindictive...

Awesome for Coach Stitt. I really like him, too bad things didn't work out as a GRIZ. With his reputation for being a trusted offensive guru, I wonder how well he'd do being a private offensive consultant? He's had pro teams and other DIV 1 teams turn to him. I am sure he could make more doing that, than coaching FCS, minus the stress of W's/L's.

dayday said:
go96griz said:

You should inquire why the hell it is taking so long to announce Pease and Baer. They need to be able to hit the road and recruit. Haslam indicated it was a HR thing which I’m not really buying. It does not take that long.

I'm as frustrated as you and everyone else with how slow they are with these announcements. However, I think we would be very naïve to think that they are not out recruiting and working full-time as Griz coaches right now as we speak, announcements or not.

Back