• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reese Phillips Mint Interview

So you start out by asking Reece if the firing of Stitt was a “good decision or a great decision?” Really... Really? What kind of question is that of a tremendous kid who was nothing but loyal to a coach who took a chance on him?

Exceptional journalism on your part. & you’re the supposed Griz guy. I didn’t bother with any of the rest of it.

bgbigdog said:
So you start out by asking Reece if the firing of Stitt was a “good decision or a great decision?” Really... Really? What kind of question is that of a tremendous kid who was nothing but loyal to a coach who took a chance on him?

Exceptional journalism on your part. & you’re the supposed Griz guy. I didn’t bother with any of the rest of it.

I thought that was a very unprofessional question, too. And the guy had to realize he was askimg that to a Stitt loyalist, correct. Reese is a better person than me as I would have said right there have a good day ass hat. The whole interview seeemed amateur hour to me if I'm being honest.

WTF is Montana Mint? Is this another one of those things trying to be like Barstool or something?

Way to take the high road Reese. You could tell this guy was just trying to get dirt and an emotional rise out of Reese.

CDAGRIZ said:
WTF is Montana Mint? Is this another one of those things trying to be like Barstool or something?
Yes. Believe its a Butte run production, combination of Cat and Griz people. Never comes across incredibly professional, and the decorum is more on fandom than journalism.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Seriously? I thought about clicking the link to verify, thinking maybe it was taken out of context but the question was (serious) and as straight forward as you say I have no reason to listen to the rest of the reporters commentary. Pretty sure he is asking the kid that sat at the Stitt families table at Thanksgiving.

It's a terrific interview. The first question was fine. Long interview, but well worth listening to.

Good insight on Stitt. Some on Hauck. He's been told he's likely to get a 6th year to play. Has graduated. Will rehab in Missoula. If he can run by summer, he's been told he'll get picked up somewhere. Just learned that he doesn't have to be in school this spring to play next fall.

Said offense was much simpler last fall, compared to the prior year. Said he and Jensen could play fast, but that BG was better at checking into plays. Says Jensen will be a great player.

He loved the fans and traditions at UM. Came to UM because his friend the former Kentucky OC knew Stitt and recommended him. Said he was perhaps bit disrespectful to the Cats before the game, but the Cat fans were good to him. Said a couple times that the Cats played very well and deserve credit. He didn't like the day or losing, though.

When asked who on the team he would not like to get in a fight with, he said Buss, or maybe Strahm, but came back to Buss. Said they were 2 of the toughest guys he's ever been around.

For Missoula bars, he said he was more a classy place guy. Meagher Bar. Also Iron Horse, Mentioned Mo Club.

Worst place to play in Big Sky. No. Colorado. Not just the facility and small crowed, but the smell from the cow pastures was horrible. Said he felt like he was hallucinating from the smell by the end of the game.

PlayerRep said:
Worst place to play in Big Sky. No. Colorado. Not just the facility and small crowed, but the smell from the cow pastures was horrible. Said he felt like he was hallucinating from the smell by the end of the game.

Is that considered a home field advantage?

grizband said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yes. Believe its a Butte run production, combination of Cat and Griz people. Never comes across incredibly professional, and the decorum is more on fandom than journalism.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hmm. Is it like a public access cable thing? Do they get credits for it?
At any rate, I think it's pretty cool of Phillips to agree to the interview. The interviewer did a good job trying to ask some hard-hitting questions, and I'm sure he learned a lot from the process. Who knows? Maybe he will go on to pursue a career in sports journalism someday. We should encourage these kids, even if a question or two seems off the wall.

bgbigdog said:

Nailed it Big Dog! Shitty interviewer or the shittiest interviewer?

Total dick move.

Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

Total dick move.

Wait. I was under the impression that the Munt was a public HS thing. Was this a real attempt at an interview?

OK - We get it. We hear you. You're unhappy. Same angry comments every day/ week.

EverettGriz said:
Worst place to play in Big Sky. No. Colorado

Could have chosen any of 9 or 10 places. Reese must have spun the BSC Wheel of Shitty and had it turn up noco this week.

CDAGRIZ said:

#fakebarstool.

By the way, wouldn’t rush to do any more fill in podcasts if this is the kind of crap you’re producing.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

Is that considered a home field advantage?

It is and that's why they play well at kitty land.

Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

Total dick move.

Again, the interview and the interviewer were good. There was a lot of interesting information in it. You obviously didn't even listen to it. Dick move by you and others to jump to (the incorrect) conclusion based on one question, and then post the crap you posted.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

Total dick move.

Again, the interview and the interviewer were good. There was a lot of interesting information in it. You obviously didn't even listen to it. Dick move by you and others to jump to (the incorrect) conclusion based on one question, and then post the crap you posted.

The interview may have been good and included some interesting information but the question about Stitt was unprofessional and immature.

Back