• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU AD Chaves to UND

All you need to know about ewooo and Cheney: People will even flee to places like Grand Forks to Escape it.

marceagfan5 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I wonder if he sees this as a move up with UND moving to the MVC.

It’s a nice bump in salary and a much larger athletic budget...

Dang! I really like the guy but you know what an experience he'll have there. Full Cost of Attendance, great facilities and fan support. Plus, he'll be close to many more activities.

go96griz said:
marceagfan5 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Must have finally given up on the Gateway Project.

Or he did a poor job fundraising for it....

He was really good at EWU, did a lot of great things but really struggled with fundraising and scheduling. Will be interesting to see where EWU goes with their next hire

Hmmm . . . UND moved over to the MVC because of an athletics department budget deficit, and in spite of that the budget is still larger than EWU's?

There may be strong fan support but extremely unbalanced toward hockey. Football and bball are behind in support. Most people you talk to there dont care about anything but hockey

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
marceagfan5 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Dang! I really like the guy but you know what an experience he'll have there. Full Cost of Attendance, great facilities and fan support. Plus, he'll be close to many more activities.

theres-so-muchlroom-for-activities-we-know-memes-step-brothers-11531804.png

RobGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
marceagfan5 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Really? Not much time in the midwest I assume. Nor have you gone north of the 49th parallel from Fargo...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
RobGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
marceagfan5 said:

Really? Not much time in the midwest I assume. Nor have you gone north of the 49th parallel from Fargo...

Dude. Calm down. Wasn’t disagreeing with you. I just like the scene from Step Brothers. Fuck people are sensitive. And yes, I was just in there at the beginning of September. Also half of my family lives in Western Minnesota. Wouldn’t trade it for living in Western Montana but it’s a definite upgrade from Cheyney. Plus it has the added benefits of never having to rake leaves as the wind blows them clean to Wisconsin and it’s so flat that you can watch your dog run away for 3 days.

This may have had a lot to do with him leaving. EWU's athletic department has a budget deficit of $5.8M.....

Hogan got fired over $600K that Dennison knew about for years.....

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/13/eastern-washington-tries-to-address-58-million-ath/#/0

grizpack said:
This may have had a lot to do with him leaving. EWU's athletic department has a budget deficit of $5.8M.....

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/13/eastern-washington-tries-to-address-58-million-ath/#/0
Yikes, that’s pretty rough.

EverettGriz said:
All you need to know about ewooo and Cheney: People will even flee to places like Grand Forks to Escape it.

Ha. Is Cheney that bad? I would think any place is better than any where in North Dakota.

uofmman1122 said:
grizpack said:

Yikes, that’s pretty rough.

DAMN!!! Imagine the outrage in Missoula by the anti-football people if that were the case there. They would demand for the football program to be cut, everything sold off, and the stadium refilled with dirt so the archeology department could go dig around in it to study the ancient history of Montana football.

BigSkyBears said:
When does the Hockey School leave the Big Sky officially?

for football they will compete independently next season, but games against BSC programs will count as conference games for those teams. not sure about other sports.

Back