• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Whoa Nellie: Keith Jackson RIP

He had a great voice, some great phrases, and a nice smile. I like the thread title. I see that he went to Wash. St. He was in the crew that covered one of our games my senior year, along with Bud Wilkinson and Chris Schenkel. It was cool seeing them at the stadium/campus. Back when only ABC covered college football. They were the no. 1 ABC crew who covered ABC"s national or top game each weekend. I thought of KJ when I was at the Rose Bowl recently, as I thought of his term, The Granddaddy of them All. The term could have applied to him too. All 3 of them are gone now.

I remember the day he called a game that my oldest brother played in on ABC's College game of the week back in the late 50's. Washington St vs Stanford..... "September 20, 1958: Earliest surviving film of a Keith Jackson broadcast (college football game between Washington State College and Stanford". What a thrill that was!!!!!

Back