• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 National Championship

41GrizFan said:
Who do you have going all the way?

I might be crazy when I say this, but I can see Weber making a run.

Weber lost a lot of talent so we will see how well Jay Hill has recruited and restocked the positions next year. NDSU is a safe and logical bet. They return over half of their starters.

I saw that Weber ended up 5th in the Sagarin ratings, for FCS schools. UM was 23, right behind the Cats. Idaho was just above the Cats. Weber also 5th in both Stats and Coaches polls. UM 37th in the final Stats poll. UM about 30th in final AGS poll.

VimSince03 said:
41GrizFan said:

Weber lost a lot of talent so we will see how well Jay Hill has recruited and restocked the positions next year. NDSU is a safe and logical bet. They return over half of their starters.

Depends how many 25 year olds are returning from missions.

Silenoz said:
41GrizFan said:

...a run into what? The NDSU buzzsaw?

I'd almost be willing to run into that buzzsaw if it meant that Weber State made it to the championship game

The bobcats have beaten Montana two years in a row :: they could be a dark horse with a new 260 lb RB 5.9 40 "YEAH RIGHT" :( :(

kemajic said:
JMU if they can find some receivers that actually catch the ball.

JMU graduates the substantial portion of their team. Don’t see them contending next year.

Kennesaw State will be a team to keep your eye on. They bring back darn near everyone.

41GrizFan said:
kemajic said:
JMU if they can find some receivers that actually catch the ball.

JMU graduates the substantial portion of their team. Don’t see them contending next year.

Kennesaw State will be a team to keep your eye on. They bring back darn near everyone.

Will turnover plank make a return next year is the real question?

Most teams look like they are going to graduate several starters. I don't think anyone will contend in 2018.

i_the_sky said:
The bobcats have beaten Montana two years in a row :: they could be a dark horse with a new 260 lb RB 5.9 40 "YEAH RIGHT" :( :(

We actually don't run "40's" we run only "50's" at MSU. It is the reason we are pre-season National Champs every year...EVERY YEAR!!!

SACCAT66 said:
i_the_sky said:

We actually don't run "40's" we run only "50's" at MSU. It is the reason we are pre-season National Champs every year...EVERY YEAR!!!

That makes TOTAL sense. Thank you for the long overdue explanation. :lol:

Silenoz said:
41GrizFan said:

You never know but yes certainly they look to be the favorites next year.

How in the hell are they doing this?

41GrizFan said:
Silenoz said:
41GrizFan said:

Linemen. A school I attended in this state kicked a kid off their team who benched over 500 pounds, squated 600 or 700 frequently because he made an ass out of their offensive line in practice and would slap their quarterback around just to let him know he'd kick his ass if he could tackle him. Physical freak and that is what NDSU has for linemen. But, they are like their former quarterback--in the weight room about 4:00 in the morning every day instead of downtown getting their sorry asses in trouble. Then rest for a couple hours and back working out. NDSU fucking earns it like the Griz used to.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
41GrizFan said:
Silenoz said:
41GrizFan said:

Linemen. A school I attended in this state kicked a kid off their team who benched over 500 pounds, squated 600 or 700 frequently because he made an ass out of their offensive line in practice and would slap their quarterback around just to let him know he'd kick his ass if he could tackle him. Physical freak and that is what NDSU has for linemen. But, they are like their former quarterback--in the weight room about 4:00 in the morning every day instead of downtown getting their sorry asses in trouble. Then rest for a couple hours and back working out. NDSU f***[*] earns it like the Griz used to.

Did this "Kid" you are talking about also vandalize the basketball locker rooms, and kick the shit out of a Basketball player...before he got a DUI?

SACCAT66 said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
41GrizFan said:
Silenoz said:

Linemen. A school I attended in this state kicked a kid off their team who benched over 500 pounds, squated 600 or 700 frequently because he made an ass out of their offensive line in practice and would slap their quarterback around just to let him know he'd kick his ass if he could tackle him. Physical freak and that is what NDSU has for linemen. But, they are like their former quarterback--in the weight room about 4:00 in the morning every day instead of downtown getting their sorry asses in trouble. Then rest for a couple hours and back working out. NDSU f***[*] earns it like the Griz used to.

Did this "Kid" you are talking about also vandalize the basketball locker rooms, and kick the shit out of a Basketball player...before he got a DUI?

Amazing how you only get part of the story, isn't it? The kid got disciplined but the ones from the hometown didn't for some reason just like the one who transferred from the same college the hometown kid initially went to got sent packing. Truth be known, the basketball player let his alligator mouth overload his frogs ass and the DUI was just as freaken bogus as what happened to the highest paid cornerback in the NFL while he was here. The freak of nature athlete had a lard ass coach who could no more show him what he wanted the kid to do than you could. The college president cleaned out that entire athletic department for a reason very few actually know what the hell was being done there.

Now, the purpose of this thread is to pose potential 2018 National Championship contenders. Since you wanted to discuss fractured team "chemistry" let me point out why a "team" goes to hell. That entire defensive team was sick and tired of watching kids play in games and the ones manhandling them in practice were on the sidelines. Just for shits and giggles, name half that teams linemen who can bench 400 pounds, do just 20 225 reps and squat 500 pounds. And you wonder why their quarterbacks have had to run around for their life the last four of five years?

Want to discuss the politics of these two schools? My family roots run very deep in both of these schools. Again, just for shits and giggles, take note of the roots of the head football coach, the head basketball coach, the head women's basketball coach at both institutions. Look at the coaching staffs in both schools. Then, look at the faculty members in both schools. Want to wager a few bucks as to what the enrollment trends are going to be over the next decade?

41GrizFan said:

If you follow big sky closely you’d know they lost a ton so idk if they make a “run.” NDSU returns a lot of talent from that championship squad. They are the favorites. I think next year in the big sky the Montana schools both make runs at the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
SACCAT66 said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
41GrizFan said:

Amazing how you only get part of the story, isn't it? The kid got disciplined but the ones from the hometown didn't for some reason just like the one who transferred from the same college the hometown kid initially went to got sent packing. Truth be known, the basketball player let his alligator mouth overload his frogs ass and the DUI was just as freaken bogus as what happened to the highest paid cornerback in the NFL while he was here. The freak of nature athlete had a lard ass coach who could no more show him what he wanted the kid to do than you could. The college president cleaned out that entire athletic department for a reason very few actually know what the hell was being done there.

Now, the purpose of this thread is to pose potential 2018 National Championship contenders. Since you wanted to discuss fractured team "chemistry" let me point out why a "team" goes to hell. That entire defensive team was sick and tired of watching kids play in games and the ones manhandling them in practice were on the sidelines. Just for shits and giggles, name half that teams linemen who can bench 400 pounds, do just 20 225 reps and squat 500 pounds. And you wonder why their quarterbacks have had to run around for their life the last four of five years?

Want to discuss the politics of these two schools? My family roots run very deep in both of these schools. Again, just for shits and giggles, take note of the roots of the head football coach, the head basketball coach, the head women's basketball coach at both institutions. Look at the coaching staffs in both schools. Then, look at the faculty members in both schools. Want to wager a few bucks as to what the enrollment trends are going to be over the next decade?

1st. He did get a DUI. And you also only know part of the story...All of us but them only know part.
2nd. I have no clue about how many players can bench what weight...But I do know that "Fat Ass" coach was a friend of mine, and was respected by the players.
3rd. I have 4 generations of roots in Montana, and have 3 generations of family that played for or went to school at both institutions...Lets go $500 to the charity of your choice in the enrollment trends. You let me know the parameters you want to track.

Back