• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kent Baer will be hired as Griz defensive coordinator

Colter_Nuanez56

Hauck will hire Baer as Griz defensive coordinator
https://skylinesportsmt.com/hauck-will-hire-baer-as-griz-defensive-coordinator/

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Hauck will hire Baer as Griz defensive coordinator
https://skylinesportsmt.com/hauck-will-hire-baer-as-griz-defensive-coordinator/

Great job being on top of this Colter and Kyle

Forget the record at UNLV, that place is a dumpster fire. The guy was defensive coordinator at Notre Dame and Colorado and Washington and California and Stanford and Arizona State. I think he’ll get back on his feet at UM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Forget the record at UNLV, that place is a dumpster fire. The guy was defensive coordinator at Notre Dame and Colorado and Washington and California and Stanford and Arizona State. I think he’ll get back on his feet at UM.

If you could just remind us how many of those jobs he got fired from that’d be great...

RobGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

If you could just remind us how many of those jobs he got fired from that’d be great...

Yes...please look at the defense rankings...they are abysmal. First poor choice Bobby has made I think in the hirings.

AZDoc said:
RobGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Yes...please look at the defense rankings...they are abysmal. First poor choice Bobby has made I think in the hirings.
Unfortunately, I think it was what he was left with. Probably wasn’t even on his list of DC’s but, he had to hire someone even if it wasn’t someone he wanted

RobGriz said:
AZDoc said:
RobGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Unfortunately, I think it was what he was left with. Probably wasn’t even on his list of DC’s but, he had to hire someone even if it wasn’t someone he wanted
Laughable. Yeah, I'm sure there were zero other candidates and Hauck doesn't even think this guy is a good coach. That sounds a lot like Bobby Hauck :roll:

WaGriz4life said:
RobGriz said:
AZDoc said:
RobGriz said:

Laughable. Yeah, I'm sure there were zero other candidates and Hauck doesn't even think this guy is a good coach. That sounds a lot like Bobby Hauck :roll:
What’s laughable is your knowledge of football. Do you really think Bobby hired a guy that’s been fired from virtually every job he’s had because there were other options available? Happy in your stupidity aren’t you?

Hmmmm....

Well, I guess you can look at the bright side and say he's not exactly an up-and-comer who will be looking for a bigger gig in a year or two....

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Plus DC @ Utah State (1983-85), Idaho (1986) and San Jose State (2008-09):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Baer

One thing's for certain, he has experience. Also an interim Head Coach at Notre Dame before they hired Charlie Weiss; you can figure out if that was for the better or worse. Besides, it can't get much worse that Jason Semore, can it?

My problem with the hire is that it’s not like he’s poor because of lack of players. He’s been at big schools with big time recruits. His problem, then would seem to be in the scheme department. Seems to be that a certain Semore had the same issues and he was crucified in here (by me included). I’d rather have Ty back than this guy. The offense will have to outscore teams it seems. Defense wins championships, and other places can get guys. There is no way he was the only choice. He may have a fund of knowledge, but it doesn’t seem to translate onto the field.

EverettGriz said:
Hmmmm....

Well, I guess you can look at the bright side and say he's not exactly an up-and-comer who will be looking for a bigger gig in a year or two....

True that! :lol:

I like this hire. The amount of FBS experience on this staff compared to the last several staffs is staggering.
Doesn’t look like he overlapped Bobby at UNLV, so is there any other connection?
I see more promotions than firings on his resume, or him following other coaches—that’s the life of a coach, esp. DCs. I’m okay with the UW firing and the other one(?), if based only on performance.
I don’t think fans can say this was a bad decision at this point unless they give a better name. “Decision” implies Bobby picked this dude over someone else who was willing to take it. Who?

P.S. he had a great D during one of those ND years.
P.S.S. And his name is fucking Baer!
And his middle name is Lex!

To think he will run his own defense without significant input from hauck is to say you think TG runs his own defense without significant input from Choate.

The product will be a reflection on both. I’m betting it will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

77matcat said:
To think he will run his own defense without significant input from hauck is to say you think TG runs his own defense without significant input from Choate.

Actually, I think it's a great hire! Glad we could get him.

I ain't going to start worrying until he plays six corners, four Safeties and one Linebacker. Then I'll start worrying. :shock:

Pretty funny, actually. The big bitch against Stitt was that he DIDN’T have D-1 experience. This guy has it in fucking SPADES.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

So after 7 failures, you're convinced a career flop will get back on his feet? I don't think he even has made to his feet yet, still rolling around in the grass.

Not really to sure what to think of this hire. I hope this is short term. Anyone else for grooming Schillinger for DC ? How many years would it take for him to be ready for it? I am thinking a GRIZ with NFL experience would certainly be a great fit. Also, he is from a football coaching family.

In the meantime, got to have faith in Hauck on this one. Even those one is a little of a head scratcher.

WyomingGrizFan said:
77matcat said:

Actually, I think it's a great hire! Glad we could get him.

I ain't going to start worrying until he plays six corners, four Safeties and one Linebacker. Then I'll start worrying. :shock:

Read the message boards at places he's been. His failures rival Jason Semore's. Only he's done it more - because he's experienced. Oh joy.

Back