• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Signee TE Colten Curry to play in International Bowl Game

Paytonlives

Staff member
Thought this needed its own thread.
Colten Curry receives a great honor. Only 51 were chosen and only 3 TE’s

By Brent Glasgow | Posted 12/27/2017
Fifty-one high school student-athletes across 24 states have been selected for the 2018 U.S. Under-18 National Team, which will compete against the Under-18 Football Canada Team on Jan. 17 at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys and college football’s Goodyear Cotton Bowl. Kickoff is 8 p.m. Central Time (9 p.m. Eastern).

U.S. National Team alumni include wide receivers Corey Coleman (Cleveland Browns) and Devin Funchess (Carolina Panthers), running backs Todd Gurley (Los Angeles Rams) and Samaje Perine (Washington Redskins), defensive back Tyrann Mathieu (Arizona Cardinals), offensive lineman Jack Mewhort (Indianapolis Colts), defensive end Stephon Tuitt (Pittsburgh Steelers) and quarterback Jameis Winston (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/5240/usa-football-announces-u-s-under-18-national-team-for-international-bowl-ix-at-at-and-t-stadium

Sean Got invited to it also, we declined due to some scheduling conflicts. It’s a really cool deal though, I wish he would have went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although it’s not an all star game it’s an international bowl sanctioned by the Olympic committee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomik235 said:
Although it’s not an all star game it’s an international bowl sanctioned by the Olympic committee

Interesting concept. Too bad Sean wasn’t going to be there with Colten. I doubt many teams would have two signees there.

Paytonlives said:
atomik235 said:

Interesting concept. Too bad Sean wasn’t going to be there with Colten. I doubt many teams would have two signees there.

That’s true...would have been a great chance to bond early.

http://www.montanasports.com/2017/12/27/valiers-valiers-colten-curry-selected-to-u-s-under-18-national-team-for-international-bowl-ix/

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Tmxhy5R-xrI?t=12[/youtube]

IB18.jpg

What an honor for this young man! Isn't it amazing how quickly it has happened to get a Griz, or soon to be Griz player to receive national honors since Bobby has returned? Man I am glad he is back!

Sounds like over 10,000 kids try out for this team over the course of a couple months, and like 51 make it. Incredible accomplishment!

reinell30 said:
What an honor for this young man! Isn't it amazing how quickly it has happened to get a Griz, or soon to be Griz player to receive national honors since Bobby has returned? Man I am glad he is back!

Really, you think this had something to do with Bobby? I have a feeling it had a whole lot more to do with the young man playing football...jmo

reinell30 said:

chortle.

rgrizfan said:
reinell30 said:

Really, you think this had something to do with Bobby? I have a feeling it had a whole lot more to do with the young man playing football...jmo

Had nothing to do with Bobby, and all to do with his football skills. All I am saying is, Bobby has the knack for finding the right players and this is proof of just one.

reinell30 said:
rgrizfan said:
reinell30 said:

Had nothing to do with Bobby, and all to do with his football skills. All I am saying is, Bobby has the knack for finding the right players and this is proof of just one.

Pretty certain that Colten was being recruited long before Bobby was hired.

My son played for the US National Team in the U18 game of the 2016 International Bowl game, really cool experience!
http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah11/Gene_Sentkowski/FB_IMG_1514674683465_zps2viycaxm.jpg

EverettGriz said:
reinell30 said:
rgrizfan said:
reinell30 said:

Pretty certain that Colten was being recruited long before Bobby was hired.
It was coach Stitt who offered him his scholarship, and whom he committed to playing for. So, ya. The third paragraph in this article briefly mentions his interaction with Stitt last summer:
http://missoulian.com/sports/colleg...cle_eb8da9e3-3d69-5ec9-92ca-7ce738de8c09.html

The kid is/was a multi-sport stud. Originally recruited by UM under the "athlete" catch all. The national team sees him as a TE, which seems an appropriate fit for him, and also where he is slotted on UM's roster. Stitt wouldn't have put that title on him, though.

Back