• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3 Hidden Recruiting Gems (Mick, Pittman & Sain)

Paytonlives

Staff member
All three of these players traveled to Montana in the summer and were very interested in being a Griz player. Their Twitter pages were very positive about UM and their desire to play at UM. Someone is going to get a steal with these three, I hope Hauck and crew take another look... as these dudes seem to have been lost in the shuffle with the new coaching staff.

Noah Mick is a typical FB with bruising runs, but surprisingly fast.
Cole Pittman is a tackling magnet, always around the ball and getting involved.
Cole Sain, I believe was about to verbal when the coaching change happened.

Noah Mick
Millard North HS Omaha, NE
6'0" 200 FB
Evaluation: Mick is a punishing back that plays fullback in the Millard North offense. He is not afraid to take on tacklers and finishes blocks. With a 4.55-second 40-yard dash and 36-inch vertical jump, Mick is a threat catching passes out of the backfield as well.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4147919/59fa17fad46958221c19fd24

Cole Pittman
West Branch HS, Beloit, OH
6'1" 200 MLB
3-Star LB
111 Solo tackles as a Senior
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4027429/cole-pittman

Cole Sain
St Johns Bosco HS, Bellflower, CA
3-Star OL
6'4" 286 OL
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4587047/5a284c6964e8dd1ec4618859

I think that Sain was commited or even still is commited I remember Germer making a DOLA tweet but nothing was ever confirmed and everyone was speculating that Sain was the commit until this day nobody has ever figured out who the mysterious commit was from but I'm hoping it's from Sain and he will sign on Wednesday.

grizfan1984 said:
I think that Sain was commited or even still is commited I remember Germer making a DOLA tweet but nothing was ever confirmed and everyone was speculating that Sain was the commit until this day nobody has ever figured out who the mysterious commit was from but I'm hoping it's from Sain and he will sign on Wednesday.

true...

People have got to quit being so gullible, because Noah Mick couldn't run a 4.55 40 if he had a gale force wind pushing him forward from behind.

Well he was a little off in the 40 at the Rivals Columbus Speed Combine but graded 5th out of 1900+ prospects overall. I have copied the results below but you can also search here.
http://www.ncsasports.org/football-combine/2017-columbus-rivals-combine-results
2017 Columbus Rivals New Speed Combine Results
First Name Last Name Grad Year Position Height Weight 40-Yd Dash Shuttle Run 3-Cone Drill Broad Jump Vertical Jump
Noah C Mick 2018 SKILL PLAYERS 6'0" 183 4.662 4.31 6.97 119 36

I have attached the Air Force camp card on the 4.55. OC Ruse at Tulane told Noah at his recent visit the reason he was invited back was a summer best 4.48 there. [email protected]. Hey Payton thanks for the kind words on Noah.

IntuitiveGriz said:
People have got to quit being so gullible, because Noah Mick couldn't run a 4.55 40 if he had a gale force wind pushing him forward from behind.

And you've got to quit being such a dick.

See, everybody has something to work on. :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

And you've got to quit being such a dick.

See, everybody has something to work on. :thumb: :thumb:

No shit. Intuitive you're better than that...I think.

BMICK said:
Well he was a little off in the 40 at the Rivals Columbus Speed Combine but graded 5th out of 1900+ prospects overall. I have copied the results below but you can also search here.
First Name Last Name Grad Year Position Height Weight 40-Yd Dash Shuttle Run 3-Cone Drill Broad Jump Vertical Jump

I have attached the Air Force camp card on the 4.55. OC Ruse at Tulane told Noah at his recent visit the reason he was invited back was a summer best 4.48 there. [email protected]. Hey Payton thanks for the kind words on Noah.

Thanks for chiming in here and for the information. I'm assuming this is your son? I think Griz Nation would be lucky and happy to have him here. Is Missoula still a possibility for him?

Sounds like another Chase Reynolds to me. He should send his info to Justin Green. Email is on the Go Griz web site. Assuming that a recruit can send info to a coach during the dead period?

Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:

true...

As of a week ago, Cole Sain had only talked to Justin Green. Said he hadn't had contact with Hauck

:wtf: :wtf:
kyle_sample said:
Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:

true...

As of a week ago, Cole Sain had only talked to Justin Green. Said he hadn't had contact with Hauck

HookedonGriz said:
BMICK said:

Thanks for chiming in here and for the information. I'm assuming this is your son? I think Griz Nation would be lucky and happy to have him here. Is Missoula still a possibility for him?
Yes sir. He wasn't getting any love for awhile but recently ended up back on the board. He really liked Missoula and the coaches. I like the idea of flyfishing/football combo weekends!! Thanks.

BMICK said:
HookedonGriz said:
BMICK said:

Yes sir. He wasn't getting any love for awhile but recently ended up back on the board. He really liked Missoula and the coaches. I like the idea of flyfishing/football combo weekends!! Thanks.

Makes sense with the new staff and what they want to do offensively. Glad to hear he is still on the board and considering the Griz. This class looks really strong as have the last few. Good things building here. I hope it works out for him, and if not here best of luck with where he lands. Congrats btw, neat having a kid earn a college scholarship and continue doing something he loves!

Paytonlives said:
All three of these players traveled to Montana in the summer and were very interested in being a Griz player. Their Twitter pages were very positive about UM and their desire to play at UM. Someone is going to get a steal with these three, I hope Hauck and crew take another look... as these dudes seem to have been lost in the shuffle with the new coaching staff.

Noah Mick
6'0" 200 FB
Evaluation: Mick is a punishing back that plays fullback in the Millard North offense. He is not afraid to take on tacklers and finishes blocks. With a 4.55-second 40-yard dash and 36-inch vertical jump, Mick is a threat catching passes out of the backfield as well.

Cole Pittman
6'1" 200 MLB
3-Star LB

Cole Sain
3-Star OL
6'4" 286 OL

Thanks for the mention of Cole Pittman. I brought him out to camp and he really loved everything about the town and the campus. He was told a while back they were on hold at his position. Cole is really hoping to hear back from Justin or Coach Hauck. Cole is a hell of a football player and is sure to make a big impact wherever he plays. He is a hard nosed old school type of player. Hopefully he is given the opportunity to play for you guys. He currently has 13 offers ranging from D1AA to NAIA. Montana offers the type of program he wants to be a part of so he is hoping for a call.

Heatherp438 said:
Paytonlives said:

Noah Mick
6'0" 200 FB

Cole Pittman
6'1" 200 MLB
3-Star LB

Cole Sain
3-Star OL
6'4" 286 OL

Thanks for the mention of Cole Pittman. I brought him out to camp and he really loved everything about the town and the campus. He was told a while back they were on hold at his position. Cole is really hoping to hear back from Justin or Coach Hauck. Cole is a hell of a football player and is sure to make a big impact wherever he plays. He is a hard nosed old school type of player. Hopefully he is given the opportunity to play for you guys. He currently has 13 offers ranging from D1AA to NAIA. Montana offers the type of program he wants to be a part of so he is hoping for a call.

Like I said he looks really good on film.

Cole hits like a freight train. His guy NEVER falls forward. Got some Colt in him, for sure....my only concern is is he fast enough to play OLB in the BSC? Especially after he puts on the necessary 20-25 lbs?

AZGrizFan said:
Cole hits like a freight train. His guy NEVER falls forward. Got some Colt in him, for sure....my only concern is is he fast enough to play OLB in the BSC? Especially after he puts on the necessary 20-25 lbs?

The kid is strong. He may not look like he is due to size but he is. He trains year round and isn't afraid to go up against the big boys. Seen him shut down top recruits all summer long at D1 camps. But those schools wanted 6'2 220-230 coming in. I think his size will still come as his dad is 6'2 240. Cole can read plays better than most you will see on the field and he knows the game inside and out. Smart kid who hopes to coach as well someday. Not trying to brag since he's my son, just very confident in his abilities. All Ohio, All Conference, All Northeast Inland, Broke 2 School records for most solo tackles in a single game & most solo tackles in a season. Made max preps list for best small school defenders. Has shown he can play multiple positions on the field. As far as the speed when he adds on the weight, I don't think he will have any problems and will work to get where he needs to be, but he has to be given the chance first to prove himself. He starts speed training back up after the holidays. He plans on staying in good shape so he is ready for summer practices wherever he ends up. Hopefully Montana.

Also I am not familiar with NCAA rules as to what can or cannot be discussed on public forums so if I overstep someone please let me know. I don't want to jeopardize anything for Cole. Thanks!

Back