• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DirecTV Channels for FCS Games (Nov 25)

IdaGriz01

Playoff Edition
Furman at Elon . . . . . . . . . . 11:00 am . . . 790
Central Conn at UNH . . . .. . 12:00 pm . . . 794
Samford at Kennesaw St . . . 12:00 pm . . . 795
Lehigh at Stony Brook . .. . . 12:00 pm . . . 793
Western Illinois at WSU . .. . . 2:00 pm . . . 788
South Dakota at Nicholls . . . 2:00 pm . . . 789
Monmouth at UNI . . . . . . . . 3:00 pm . . . 790
San Diego at NAU . . . . . . . . 6:00 pm . . . 788

HBCU Bayou Classic
Southern at Grambling . . . 3:00 pm . . . 220

Ida, thanks for all of your channel searching this season. It makes things a lot easier for the rest of us that have DirectTV. I wish someone would do the same for the Dish and cable viewers.

I agree. Appreciate the effort Ida although I dont have direct tv. For the playoffs it seems they traditionally have been on ESPN3. Most cable providers have a deal with ESPN3. You can watch it through gaming systems or streaming devices like ROkU. ROKU is pretty cheap and not difficult to set up and then you can watch the games on your regular tv.

cmtgrizzly said:
I agree. Appreciate the effort Ida although I dont have direct tv. For the playoffs it seems they traditionally have been on ESPN3. Most cable providers have a deal with ESPN3. You can watch it through gaming systems or streaming devices like ROkU. ROKU is pretty cheap and not difficult to set up and then you can watch the games on your regular tv.
Pretty sure all the playoff games are on ESPN3. For reasons that would be tedious to go over, our DSL link here is too slow for decent streaming. That's why we look so hard for the DirecTV broadcasts.

cclarkblues said:
Ida, thanks for all of your channel searching this season. It makes things a lot easier for the rest of us that have DirectTV. I wish someone would do the same for the Dish and cable viewers.

no espn3 on DISH. However, game finder helps for games they do have. Go to the bottom and punch your zip:

https://www.mydish.com/gamefinder#gamefinder

Just FYI. Firestick seems cool with voice control, however, they apparently do not have a deal with charter/spectrum. So if you are going with a streaming device and Charter/Spectrum is your provider I do know Roku works.

My firestick is still all jacked up from the Exodus to covenant issue. Nothing is streaming, thinking I'm needing to reset it to default and reinstall 17.5...any other ideas?

Harm said:
My firestick is still all jacked up from the Exodus to covenant issue. Nothing is streaming, thinking I'm needing to reset it to default and reinstall 17.5...any other ideas?

I actually dont know anything more about Firestick as I dont use it. We are visiting family for Thanksgiving and I needed something to watch playoffs this weekend and Best Buy talked her into the firestick. Tried it and couldnt stream ESPN3. My wife is now out shopping, Black Friday you know, and will get me a roku.

Restetting it is always my fallback. If not I think they were on sale for 25$ at best buy. I bet someone on here knows more than me though.

ESPN3 games are televised in a package called ESPN College extra. Only Direct TV and few Cable operators have access to televised package. Spectrum in most areas carries it, but for some reason doesn't in the Mountain West region (it was said to be launching here in May 2017, but never came).

I have the sports package on Dish so I can stream all of the games through the ESPN app.The ESPN3 channel is on the app.

Am I the only one that thinks that having to watch the FCS playoffs on a streaming channel is BS? I have a Roku device, had to upgrade my Direct TV package to get ESPN3, then got to watch the neat little "please wait" logo every few minutes because of my slow internet service. Does anyone know who to complain to at the NCAA? If they are going to give the TV rights to ESPN, they should at least demand that if ESPN was not going to put the games on a broadcast channel, other media outlets like ROOT or SWX should be given the opportunity to broadcast them.

Back