• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question for those that know

DONOR
Do you believe that Stitt left the program as a whole in better shape than when he was hired?

I think he possibly left a good group of younger kids and of course the sanctions are gone, but the record the last two years speaks volumes.

Its a matter of opinion, some would argue that the talent did not meet it expectations because of the coaching. Good depth, at multiple positions. I would expect to see the most changes at WR, as we have to many.

ordigger said:
Its a matter of opinion, some would argue that the talent did not meet it expectations because of the coaching. Good depth, at multiple positions. I would expect to see the most changes at WR, as we have to many.

I think we only lose a couple of WR's too, so that could be an interesting position if we get a ground and pound coach.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Lots of holes on the roster.

Well yes, holes in the roster as there usually is with most programs come graduation but every year we start the "who is gonna step up" threads and more often than not someone usually does.

I would start with O line being a concern, secondary is questionable as well. What other holes? I mean that we normally don't have to address every year? Guessing some kids will be juggled around next season. Which wide receivers could serve as RBs? TEs?

I agree, some holes in the roster but there always is it seems.

Pretty sure this has been addressed elsewhere but what the WTF was JLM (among others that have more important things to do) doing making tackles on kick off returns? First time I saw that the guy sitting next to me had the same look on his face as I must have had.

Says something about how the others were performing (or not) on ST.

how could it not be better..+4 scholorships, some pretty good recuits..granted, a few too many WR, but hey...some could be turned to CB..since some did play that position in high school, the cupboards are looking pretty good except, how many will stay?? going to be interesting for sure.

griz5700 said:
WAY WORSE. Guess what folks, his recruiting sucked.

I didn't think the last year or two was bad, but we'll find out eventually.

The OL is what scares me going in this year.

His recruiting was pretty good, remember Justin had some input on that also, I would like you to go to him and say that their recruiting sucked!

jodcon said:
griz5700 said:

Yeah, recruiting was all right, I thought.

But the OL is definitely a position to watch with all the graduations there.

There are some good young players on the roster. Too many WR's as has been mentioned and not enough OL guys. Replacing 4 starters there will have some growing pains but some quality bodies and Germer will coach them up.

In terms of style of play, if the new coach is going to be more balanced then look for a linebacker convert to FB and also a couple of guys will have to convert to Tight End. Possibly a larger WR bulking up or an athletic DE/LB type.

It is difficult changing schemes and you probably won't see wholesale changes due to personnel and the fact that Jensen can really spin it. There are also some quality WR's coming back. I do agree the new coach will bring more of a balance, but there will still be plenty of 3 and possibly 4 WR sets in the first year. Good coaches can utilize their best guys and not try and force an offense on a team without the right guys to run it.

I think being more balanced will benefit Jensen and the receivers too as it will force the D to keep more guys in the box, opening field for passing. If you noticed in the MSU game, they were playing a really soft zone and baiting the Griz to run and throw underneath (which was not done with enough success or consistency).

There will be attrition on the roster though as the new coach adds more TEs and Fullbacks.
I wonder how many of the 63 schollys are currently allocated to WR's? 12 or so (returners) is my guess by looking at the roster. It will be an interesting transition year but it was a blessing in disguise that Jensen got thrown in the mix this season. I'll be interested to see how the O looks in the Spring and next year.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
jodcon said:
griz5700 said:

Yeah, recruiting was all right, I thought.

But the OL is definitely a position to watch with all the graduations there.
69..I argree..OL going to be key there are some good ones waiting on the sidelines..but untested..and the ones coming in..I think we are going to be solid, with coach Germer..they should be fine.

Stitts recruiting was “alright” when you live in the UM recruiting bubble. Everyone wins there..

Average talent at best.

Shit, he recruited 30 receivers who can’t catch the ball. Keenan Curran was his #1 WR - that is terrible recruiting.

griz5700 said:
Stitts recruiting was “alright” when you live in the UM recruiting bubble. Everyone wins there..

Average talent at best.

Shit, he recruited 30 receivers who can’t catch the ball. Keenan Curran was his #1 WR - that is terrible recruiting.
Keenan was origionally recruited to play DB..maybe he should have kept him there..god knows the dropped passes killed us...but you have to admit he made up for some of the drops, no excuse, but...

griz5700 said:

Average talent at best.

You could not be more wrong. The last two classes were much better then UM has had in quite sometime. Some people just don’t have much patience.

Stitt classes will be Juniors and sophomores next fall. It really lame to make the judgement of average, when you dont have much data. You just have an agenda of making Coach Stitt look bad at all cost.

Back