• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Real Question

The.Real.2506 said:
Was the strength coach retained? He was Stitts guy I think.
As posted before, all the coaches are on contract through Jan. 31. They are all eligible to be picked up by the new HC.

kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:
As posted before, all the coaches are on contract through Jan. 31. They are all eligible to be picked up by the new HC.

But usually (in FCS anyway) the S&C coach is not just for football, and is include in more sports, It seemed like kind of a rarity when Stitt insisted on his own guy being the S&C coach.

The.Real.2506 said:
kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:

But usually (in FCS anyway) the S&C coach is not just for football, and is include in more sports, It seemed like kind of a rarity when Stitt insisted on his own guy being the S&C coach.

Hauck eventually brought in his own strength coach at UM last time. And, before that, he had another coach of his working with the old strength coach who was at UM when he arrived. I think that UM has hired the strength coach wanted by the football coach most or all of the time in the past 15 or so years.

PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:

Hauck eventually brought in his own strength coach at UM last time. And, before that, he had another coach of his working with the old strength coach who was at UM when he arrived. I think that UM has hired the strength coach wanted by the football coach most or all of the time in the past 15 or so years.

I take that answer as "I don't know s#it but I'm gonna answer anyway"

Of course the FB coach has a lot of input in the S&C coach selection, they have the most athletes affected, but normally the S&C coach is not exclusively a part of the FB staff which is why I asked the original question.

The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
kemajic said:

Of course the FB coach has a lot of input in the S&C coach selection, they have the most athletes affected, but normally the S&C coach is not exclusively a part of the FB staff which is why I asked the original question.

You are the one who doesn’t know the facts. Every UM coach since 2005 has hired his own strength coach. Nicholson is the football strength coach.

I hear a lot of great things about Nicholson. He just might be retained, depending on who the new coach will be.

PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:

You are the one who doesn’t know the facts. Every UM coach since 2005 has hired his own strength coach. Nicholson is the football strength coach.
Wow, you guys have gone through as many S&C coaches as FB coaches lately, no wonder your team played so soft.

The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:

Wow, you guys have gone through as many S&C coaches as FB coaches lately, no wonder your team played so soft.

The UM strength coaches have been very good. Some of the UM NFL guys says that Gerber is the best strength coach they ever had.

Surprising that you didn't know that the Griz got a football strength coach when funding came during the early years Hauck was at UM. Gerber followed Hauck to UNLV, but left a bit early, and then became Delaney's strength coach. Gerber now runs a gym in the Kalispell area, I believe. Colt Anderson and others helped his raise money to get the gym going. Steven Pfhaler has the nice gym in Missoula now, and that's where the NFL guys work out when they're in town. Surprised that a big mouth like yourself wouldn't know a bit more about what you post about. Of course, you are just a troll--and an unknowledgeable one at that.

PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:

The UM strength coaches have been very good. Some of the UM NFL guys says that Gerber is the best strength coach they ever had.

Surprising that you didn't know that the Griz got a football strength coach when funding came during the early years Hauck was at UM. Gerber followed Hauck to UNLV, but left a bit early, and then became Delaney's strength coach. Gerber now runs a gym in the Kalispell area, I believe. Colt Anderson and others helped his raise money to get the gym going. Steven Pfhaler has the nice gym in Missoula now, and that's where the NFL guys work out when they're in town. Surprised that a big mouth like yourself wouldn't know a bit more about what you post about. Of course, you are just a troll--and an unknowledgeable one at that.
So who created all the soft players I saw last weekend?

There is FAR MORE to the S&C coach than just training which is why the HC either hires or selects. The S &C coach doesn't have the same contact time restrictions as the rest of the coaching staff IF he is not a member of the regular coach staff and is a certified S & C coacc However nothing says the Regular coaching staff can't communicate to the players through him (especially during "player lead" practices. That is one of the reasons Stitt appointed his own man (who just happened to know the offense) almost immediately as have others. They are tightening up this loop hole but there are still plenty of loopholes. he doesn't have to be in the weightroom.................

The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:

So who created all the soft players I saw last weekend?

Feel free to name the players whom you saw who were soft. Can't wait to see your list.

Latest posts

Back