• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses (Nov 25)

Where are the upsets?

• [22] Furman (7-4) at [15] Elon (8-3)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • [18] Kenn St (10-1) vs [14] Samford (8-3)

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Central Conn (8-3) at [21] UNH (7-4)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Lehigh (5-6) at [10] Stony Brook (9-2)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nicholls (8-3) vs [16] So Dakota (7-4)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • [11] WSU (9-2) vs [9] W Illinois (8-3)

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Monmouth (9-2) at [20] UNI (7-4)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • San Diego (9-2) at [23] NAU (7-4)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

Okay, the immediate coaching situation has been taken care of. Time to move on. Well, we could (and will) argue endlessly about re-hiring Hauck (or whatever), but we have no say, so we’re done there for awhile. So (again) time to move on.

Now I know some people on eGriz don’t really give an ishtay about FCS football in general. But life (football ) goes on. Admittedly, some of the first-round playoff matchups look like blowouts waiting to happen, but there are some interesting possibilities. The rankings are what were posted at STATS.com on November 19.

Underdog on the left, two choices allowed, and you can change your votes.

May change as I learn more, but took a couple of flyers. (Yes ... you can change your votes.)

Only saw Nicholls State play once (that I recall), but they looked decent. South Dakota is good, no question, but they are beatable, and Nicholls is at home. One possible upset.

On paper it does not look like Lehigh (5-6) has a hope in Hell at Stony Brook (9-2). But suppose Stony thinks that too ... while Lehigh comes out with their hair on fire?

Dont really see any upsets... But not a fan of New Hampshire, should not have even been in the playoffs.

Watched Nicholls play SeLA on Thurdsay; honestly, surprised they may the playoff field after that loss.

My two upset picks are Weber State over Western Illinois and Furman over Elon; I could also see Kennesaw State upsetting Samford. While the Griz and EWU didn't make the playoffs, there are a few mainstay teams, combined with newcomers this year, which should make the field exciting. Count me as one who follows all of FCS, not only the Griz.

grizband said:
Watched Nicholls play SeLA on Thursday; honestly, surprised they may the playoff field after that loss.

My two upset picks are Weber State over Western Illinois and Furman over Elon; I could also see Kennesaw State upsetting Samford. While the Griz and EWU didn't make the playoffs, there are a few mainstay teams, combined with newcomers this year, which should make the field exciting. Count me as one who follows all of FCS, not only the Griz.
Oops! Forgot about that Nicholls loss, so we've seen them play a couple times. They definitely got outplayed in that SELa game, and I too thought they'd lost a chance at a bid. So they'll be looking for "redemption." Not yet ready to change my vote. :?

Can't recall an "Upsets" poll where every possibility got at least one vote this early in the run.

I'm pulling hard for NAU. I doubt they will go on a run, but it would be sweet if they did.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
How the hell did Lehigh make the playoffs at 5-6?
Head-to-head tie-breaker over Colgate, the only team in the Patriot League to end the season with a winning record (7-4). Then, of course, the auto-bid.

Good to see support for Weber over Western Illinois. Hope they have a nice crowd -- but I wouldn't count on it. :(

Not FCS. But I wanted to bump, and can't help mentioning the loss to Pittsburgh by #2 Miami ... which should make a beautiful mess of their dumb-dumb four-team "playoff." :shit:

Back