• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck

jodcon

DONOR
In an effort to keep the Bobby-mania in mostly one thread, please discuss rationally the whys and hows and such.

Assuming he really has reached out with interest, my first three questions would be..

1) Money - what will it take and will we pay it (and don't say something stupid like Denny will write a check)?

2) BOR - will they approve him? I would think so but would like to hear others thoughts.

3) Players - knowing what Bobbyball is, how are we sitting with the younger guys to play that style, some of you follow the scrimages/practices closer than I can?

Let's keep this thread somewhat sane and rational.

If payton would quit deleting threads there would be more responses to this question

Couple of articles on Hauck from not too long ago...

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/speltz-bobby-hauck-back-in-the-saddle-again/article_165ecaef-d238-53f2-9592-a47368a70606.html

http://www.montanasports.com/2017/06/30/former-griz-coach-bobby-hauck-still-learning-and-chasing-victories/

Hauck wants to be here. His sister and mom live here and his wife's family is from St. Ignatius. He would probably not leave here unless he got an offer from good P5 school and who could blame him for that. As far as the players I am sure we would lose some of our receivers because Hauck would probably have a run first offense. But he does run a more pro-style offense which has its advantages. But i bet our rb's would be happy. I also think Gresch would do just fine in Bobby's offense.

I think some wondered why he took the UNLV job when if he maybe would have waited just another year or two at the U, he might have got that P5 job? UNLV football is like a grave-yard for coaches... did he just want the money that bad?

http://vegasseven.com/2014/12/02/bobby-haucks-departure-proves-unlv-football-lost-cause/

Man1 said:
If payton would quit deleting threads there would be more responses to this question

It had a chance until the initial poster thought he should tell a player to leave the team... I wonder who that was?

Classless.

jodcon said:
In an effort to keep the Bobby-mania in mostly one thread, please discuss rationally the whys and hows and such.

Assuming he really has reached out with interest, my first three questions would be..

1) Money - what will it take and will we pay it (and don't say something stupid like Denny will write a check)?

2) BOR - will they approve him? I would think so but would like to hear others thoughts.

3) Players - knowing what Bobbyball is, how are we sitting with the younger guys to play that style, some of you follow the scrimages/practices closer than I can?

Money - Haslam said boosters can't pay coaches, at least not directly. Base + incentives are $200,000(ish) here while he's over $300,000 there. I'd assume the booster support, if any, would come in maybe the form of program support. Equipment funding, indoor practice facility, something like that.

BOR - Do they have to approve him? If so I'd think it would be ok.

Players - Keep in mind Bobby's adjusted his approach through the years and brought in OC's like Rosenbach who run more of a spread offense. I'd suspect some "churn" in the roster of course but I'd think most of the running backs/OL/QBs/starting WRs will like this. But I'd expect some adjustment. The bigger adjustment could be Bobby's over style & approach vs Stitt's.

jodcon said:

#3 ..don't you think Bobby has somewhat change his philosphy since he has left..he's been gone 8 yrs
and places and times have changed so l would think he has changed..he's been playing FBS level so
one would think he has learn different techniques of coaching..

If Bobby comes back, we’ll likely see a very Clemson/Alabama/JMU-esque spread that focuses on run-first with a dominant defense.

grizghost said:
jodcon said:

#3 ..don't you think Bobby has somewhat change his philosphy since he has left..he's been gone 8 yrs
and places and times have changed so l would think he has changed..he's been playing FBS level so

I think he would run a spread that empathizes the run and time of possession more. I think it also depends on personnel and the OC he brings in. If it’s someone already on the staff or maybe Troxel then I think we have some good passing concepts out of spread to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytonlives said:
Man1 said:

It had a chance until the initial poster thought he should tell a player to leave the team... I wonder who that was?

Classless.
Do you want more bubble wrap for your special world? Pansy ass candy ass

San Diego and Missoula cost of living adjustment also factors in....not full difference in dollars but "standard of living" making 200+ in Missoula vs. 300 in San Diego not so far off especially if you like Montana outdoors. Don't forget the old saying happy wife happy life....her input is very important

Man1 said:
Paytonlives said:
Man1 said:

Classless.

My god. The first amendment might give you the right to say whatever you want, but Jesus, now you're just being a dick.

Man1 said:
Paytonlives said:
Man1 said:

Classless.

Dude your "insults" are awful. Step your game up.

The mans resume speaks for itself It's impeccable.. Any player that does his homework would die to play for Bobby!!! I think this is a no-brainier!! I'd give him 5 years to life and be done with it! I thank coach Stitt but it is time to regroup...

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Man1 said:
Paytonlives said:
Man1 said:

Classless.

My god. The first amendment might give you the right to say whatever you want, but Jesus, now you're just being a dick.
Nothing new there

Ursus1 said:
San Diego and Missoula cost of living adjustment also factors in....not full difference in dollars but "standard of living" making 200+ in Missoula vs. 300 in San Diego not so far off especially if you like Montana outdoors. Don't forget the old saying happy wife happy life....her input is very important
Bingo! :thumb:

Ask the expert (YKW), but: Have not looked recently, but the last I did, you could get a really nice "house" with a view and some acreage around Missoula for money that would get you a run-down hovel in the San Diego area. Totally ridiculous upfront costs there, plus back-breaking taxes.

grizghost said:
jodcon said:

If Bobby is interested and points 2 and 3 are covered, point 1 is a non-issue. Donations get to the coach. He can cut one commercial selling tires and get paid a hundred grand, or up his weekly tv contract to 50 grand. All covered by donations and none specifically a donation. Money is not a problem.

Back