• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

O line next year

MTGriz87

When I look at the depth chart for next year, I am very hopeful - with the exception of O line which makes me a little nervous.

Losing Sprunk, Reese, Luke, Ralston.

Any insight on who will fill those shoes and what to expect?

MTGriz87 said:
When I look at the depth chart for next year, I am very hopeful - with the exception of O line which makes me a little nervous.

Losing Sprunk, Reese, Luke, Ralston.

Any insight on who will fill those shoes and what to expect?

Brent watches a lot of the practices and could practices and could probably give a great rundown...

Well this is when we see if Stitt is a great recruiter... The OL guys that will be the Griz OLine were all very highly thought of as Seniors in High School, and they are large human beings.

62 Dylan Eickmeyer R-Fr. 6-4 292
67 Thayne Jackson R-Fr. 6-5 296
60 Colton Keintz Fr. 6-8 275
70 Skyler Martin Fr. 6-5 255
71 Payton Stoner Fr. 6-6 282
66 Ashton Torres R-Fr. 6-4 292
73 Brandon Scott R-Fr. 6-7 295
78 Conlan Beaver R-Fr. 6-5 293

50 Cody Meyer R-So. 6-3 293
74 Angel Villanueva R-So. 6-5 324
77 Dallas Hart R-So.6-5 315

The O line will either carry the team next year, or it won't. I don't care how good our QB is, if he doesn't have time to throw the ball after scanning the field, or if the RBs don't have lanes open to dart around the LBs, we're in for a long, slow death.

Look back at our national championship appearances and you will see they were built around a solid O lines.

So let's hope these young men can find their stride rather quickly and adapt to college play ASAP. If they do, the future will be bright. If not........................

CG might have the toughest task of all next year.

And, yes - we will all be able to judge Stitt's recruiting next season. It should leave no doubt one way or another.

SoldierGriz said:
CG might have the toughest task of all next year.

And, yes - we will all be able to judge Stitt's recruiting next season. It should leave no doubt one way or another.

This.. and continue growth at QB and WR.

Sure hope UM can shore up the D

Back