• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E at BEST

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
Let me spell it out for Coach Stitt: The Griz are M-E-D-I-0-C-R-E at BEST.

I like Coach Stitt as a person, but obviously jury is still somewhat out on him as a coach at FCS Montana.

There are plus's, but one thing I vigorously can not stand about him is how PAINFULLY CLUELESS he is in regards to how good he proclaims this mediocre/soft team to be. They beat absolutely NOBODY and he shouts from the rooftops how the Griz ARE ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: He is either just campaigning to save his job (I get that), or if he some how miraculously and wrongfully believes it, I would then say he is not the man to lead this once PROUD PROGRAM.

The GRIZ used to strike fear in the heart of their opponents and their fans. Now the opposition lick their chops and smile when they see Montana on their schedule, and revel in the fact that the once mighty now are BARELY MEDIOCRE.

The meek and weak that Montana beat in 2017:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

IntuitiveGriz said:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

I would describe them as P-O-O-R at best

IntuitiveGriz said:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

And when we beat Northern Arizona, it was because of the Big Break of the Season potentially, the ejection of their starting QB for targeting.

Pretty sure he was just campaigning to the FCS playoff committee. He said it in response to a question about the playoffs. He probably knew the chances were slim, but it would have been crazy to say "yeah, we really don't deserve to be in."

IntuitiveGriz said:

I like Coach Stitt as a person, but obviously jury is still somewhat out on him as a coach at FCS Montana.

There are plus's, but one thing I vigorously can not stand about him is how PAINFULLY CLUELESS he is in regards to how good he proclaims this mediocre/soft team to be. They beat absolutely NOBODY and he shouts from the rooftops how the Griz ARE ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: He is either just campaigning to save his job (I get that), or if he some how miraculously and wrongfully believes it, I would then say he is not the man to lead this once PROUD PROGRAM.

The GRIZ used to strike fear in the heart of their opponents and their fans. Now the opposition lick their chops and smile when they see Montana on their schedule, and revel in the fact that the once mighty now are BARELY MEDIOCRE.

..we are NO longer a national powerhouse and wont be for a-while..l'm remember winning the
BSC was a given..and being mad we weren't number 1 in the ratings..the magic is gone my friends
and renewing this contract just push it off in the future..thank you Engstom!

UM now University of Mediocrity

Griz now Gee Whiz

Stewardship of Program has been squandered at
multiple levels & Leadership does not exist to
reboot at this time. PC decisions will rule until
further dumpster-dive. Stitt was a poor choice but
at this point the Leadership vacuum is bigger than Stitt. Status quo delivers 4-5 losses next season with deteriorating attendance/fan support & further tarnishing of a once revered brand. Those are the facts & unfortunately Bold-Leadership at the "new UM" is a scarce resource!

Montana has slipped into obscurity, not only not making the playoffs, but was not even mentioned on the hour long playoff selection show as a team of possibility. :oops:

MAN TIMES ARE BAD

Lets go GRIZ, you need more better trench players and skill players... you are failing.

JMU would crush you badly.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Montana has slipped into obscurity, not only not making the playoffs, but was not even mentioned on the hour long playoff selection show as a team of possibility. :oops:

MAN TIMES ARE BAD

Lets go GRIZ, you need more better trench players and skill players... you are failing.

JMU would crush you badly.

JMU is going to roll over everyone in the FCS...they would be top 20 FBS. You don't see them much in the West, but they are really good. I believe the toyed with NDSU...

IntuitiveGriz said:

me·di·o·cre
/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

1. of only moderate quality; not very good:

Sorry but 7-4 is neither mediocre or average. Its actually quite good, but not very good, great, excellent or outstanding. 5-6 would be mediocre, and this team was 3 quarters away from being 9-2. I know the haters won't accept the truth but it is what it is.

...on the other hand...
...50 some rushes for almost 400...
...that is what you call p-i-s-s-p-o-o-r...

... :shock: ...

ordigger said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

me·di·o·cre
/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

Sorry but 7-4 is neither mediocre or average. Its actually quite good, but not very good, great, excellent or outstanding. 5-6 would be mediocre, and this team was 3 quarters away from being 9-2. I know the haters won't accept the truth but it is what it is.
3 quarters away...if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a merry Christmas. See also, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

Let’s go ahead and throw this out as a comparison. In the last 30 years would you consider 7-4 mediocre? I certainly would.

Saying haters won’t accept the truth while qualifying the losses into pretend wins is insane. They are losses. Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 point or 10000 you lose. Wins count that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive, but stitt sugarcoaters will drip and drool fermented "foam at the mouth old yeller style" all over it.

IntuitiveGriz said:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

dupuyer griz said:
ordigger said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

me·di·o·cre
/ˌmēdēˈōkər/

adjective

3 quarters away...if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a merry Christmas. See also, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

Let’s go ahead and throw this out as a comparison. In the last 30 years would you consider 7-4 mediocre? I certainly would.

Saying haters won’t accept the truth while qualifying the losses into pretend wins is insane. They are losses. Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 point or 10000 you lose. Wins count that’s it.

In last 30 years, by definition 7-4 is good. So yes. We had many many great, and outstanding seasons. Maybe one mediocre team in since 1986...and Stitt was not the coach. I'm not a Stitt sugarcoater or lover, but just putting things in perspective. People here over dramatize and sensationalize everything. Its like Conservatives and Liberals.

ronangrizfan said:
Impressive, but stitt sugarcoaters will drip and drool fermented "foam at the mouth old yeller style" all over it.

IntuitiveGriz said:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

Hard to beat teams that we are not scheduled to play. Stupid argument.

ordigger said:
ronangrizfan said:

IntuitiveGriz said:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

Playoff games are difficult you are correct. They are never on the initial schedule.

ordigger said:
ronangrizfan said:

IntuitiveGriz said:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

You mean like EWU and Weber and MSU?

GrizGeneral said:
Pretty sure he was just campaigning to the FCS playoff committee. He said it in response to a question about the playoffs. He probably knew the chances were slim, but it would have been crazy to say "yeah, we really don't deserve to be in."
No it would have been honest, even at 8-3 this team would get rolled by Lehigh or San Diego

ordigger said:
ronangrizfan said:

IntuitiveGriz said:

Valpo 6-5
Savannah State 3-8
Portland State 0-11
Idaho State 4-7
North Dakota 3-8
Northern Arizona 7-4
Northern Colorado 3-7

Hey Ordigger, it would have been nice for Griz to beat Eastern, Weber, Cats, who were on our schedule. Griz (under Stitt) are lucky to be 5-3 in conference this year. I believe Griz would have lost to NAU if their QC had not been suspended.

If UM is dumb enough to retain Stitt, they will be lucky to go 5-3 in conference in 2018 (and again miss playoffs and lose to Cats).

Ordigger, most MT Tech grads I have met have been smart. What happened to you?

Back