• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We beat ZERO good teams this year.

BadlandsGrizFan

For me that’s enough said really.

Look at our record against just respectable programs this year and we’re 5-4.

That’s what we are.

We didn't beat anybody with a pulse this year except NAU without their star QB. There is no way to spin this season past that.

Against NAU youwould think we had our starting QB in place and only won by 2 by how everyone’s acting. The Griz played that game with a WR at QB. That’s 4th String. If the Griz had Gresch or Phillips, that game is entirely different. It was a quality win. Griz powered through their adversity. NAU did not.

jodcon said:
We didn't beat anybody with a pulse this year except NAU without their star QB. There is no way to spin this season past that.

You will soon see lots of sugarcoated spin

PDXGrizzly said:
Against NAU youwould think we had our starting QB in place and only won by 2 by how everyone’s acting. The Griz played that game with a WR at QB. That’s 4th String. If the Griz had Gresch or Phillips, that game is entirely different. It was a quality win. Griz powered through their adversity. NAU did not.
OK, so there's one. Even though they were smoked yesterday. Ain't that great...

Without Cookus I think they’re a bad team. So again we beat ZERO good teams. I have supported Stitt the entire time. I’m jumping his ship now.

His 1st season was the best. Since than it’s been going down hill when it is supposed to be improving. It’s going the opposite way. He does not get the importance of emotion and passion in this program.

The people that had those concerns when he came in here are right. He doesn’t get it. He doesn’t understand it. He’s not good for Montana

BadlandsGrizFan said:

That’s what we are.

I hear you, man. MSU didn’t have a single quality win on the year. None.

Cledus said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

That’s what we are.

I hear you, man. MSU didn’t have a single quality win on the year. None.
Quoted for truth

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NAU was a good team, and UM beat them. While I know most disagree with me, I think UM would have beaten NAU with Cookus. UM was very good and determined that day. And, it wasn't easy for UM to defend a mobile qb who could run, when there was little or no tape on him and probably very little preparation. The back-up hurt us.

And, I think it is considerable improvement not to lose any games to bad teams or teams UM should clearly beat. While it's nice to beat good or top teams, it's critical to beat the bad and easily beatable teams. Not doing the latter is the sign of a not-good team.

PDXGrizzly said:

Sorry but I'm not buying the whole "we had a WR at QB" to make it a great win, if Cookus stays in that game we lose regardless of who is playing QB because our DC wouldn't have been able to stop him. I'm not counting wins with asterisks beside them as great wins but if others want to they can and feel all warm and fuzzy

PlayerRep said:
NAU was a good team, and UM beat them. While I know most disagree with me, I think UM would have beaten NAU with Cookus. UM was very good and determined that day. And, it wasn't easy for UM to defend a mobile qb who could run, when there was little or no tape on him and probably very little preparation. The back-up hurt us.

And, I think it is considerable improvement not to lose any games to bad teams or teams UM should clearly beat. While it's nice to beat good or top teams, it's critical to beat the bad and easily beatable teams. Not doing the latter is the sign of a not-good team.

And at home we sit...

Back