• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ty wins the battle

9fa624582eedab006ac0a287959899d1.jpg

HelenaHandBasket said:
So are you trying to convince people that Ty was/is the key to winning Championships? Good luck

I did not say that Einstein..I said he has beat Stitt twice and is laughing about it..what is not to
understand here..He was a big part of the Cat victory..got it!

grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
So are you trying to convince people that Ty was/is the key to winning Championships? Good luck

I did not say that Einstein..I said he has beat Stitt twice and is laughing about it..what is not to

Good for Ty, but FTC. Ty is the reason Ty got fired. Are you celebrating with Ty?

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Good for Ty, but FTC. Ty is the reason Ty got fired. Are you celebrating with Ty?

no just frustrated like everyone else here..pissed off !

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

HHB, what is your hard-on for TG? Do I have to start making the same post (see below) after all of your posts, until you answer the question?

"What is your dislike of TG based on? What don't you like? Do you know him? Who told you these things?

I have always liked TG, and have known him since he came to UM. My wife likes him. We like how he coaches. We like his passion. Virtually all of his players love him. My wife and I ran into one of his NFL guys last night, and he spoke very highly of TG. He was many very good friends in Missoula and Griz nation, many of him top supporters of the program. He seems to have taken a weak Cat D and made it into a good, and yesterday a very good, D. Most Cat fans seems to like and appreciate him. My impression is that Choate likes and gets along with him. Last summer, I talked to a Cat player from Missoula, and he said that the Cats won the game last year because of TG and that he is a very good coach.

Please don't both to bring up in the Boulder strip club incident, because the tape showed that he wasn't in the club and hotel video and workers show/say he wasn't seen carrying anything into the hotel. Yes, when he was in his early 20's, he went out on the town and drank at times. Most of that was not evident by the time he came back to Missoula the second time. He is hardly the first young UM coach to go out and drink too much."

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Ty and Stitt parted ways because a new coach and a bitter runner up for the job could not co-exist. Should have never been required that Ty stay on the staff. That relationship was doomed day one. And what makes you assume that it’s Ty’s defense you’re watching out there. Choate is a defensive coach and very hands on unlike Stitt who gives 100% responsibility on the defense to the coordinator. We had just as many problems on defense in Stitt year one while Ty was running the show as we have now. We have not regressed from Ty. We have not improved.

Art Spooner said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Ty and Stitt parted ways because a new coach and a bitter runner up for the job could not co-exist. Should have never been required that Ty stay on the staff. That relationship was doomed day one. And what makes you assume that it’s Ty’s defense you’re watching out there. Choate is a defensive coach and very hands on unlike Stitt who gives 100% responsibility on the defense to the coordinator. We had just as many problems on defense in Stitt year one while Ty was running the show as we have now. We have not regressed from Ty. We have not improved.

I call BS to much of your post.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

HHB, what is your hard-on for TG? Do I have to start making the same post (see below) after all of your posts, until you answer the question?

"What is your dislike of TG based on? What don't you like? Do you know him? Who told you these things?

I have always liked TG, and have known him since he came to UM. My wife likes him. We like how he coaches. We like his passion. Virtually all of his players love him. My wife and I ran into one of his NFL guys last night, and he spoke very highly of TG. He was many very good friends in Missoula and Griz nation, many of him top supporters of the program. He seems to have taken a weak Cat D and made it into a good, and yesterday a very good, D. Most Cat fans seems to like and appreciate him. My impression is that Choate likes and gets along with him. Last summer, I talked to a Cat player from Missoula, and he said that the Cats won the game last year because of TG and that he is a very good coach.

Please don't both to bring up in the Boulder strip club incident, because the tape showed that he wasn't in the club and hotel video and workers show/say he wasn't seen carrying anything into the hotel. Yes, when he was in his early 20's, he went out on the town and drank at times. Most of that was not evident by the time he came back to Missoula the second time. He is hardly the first young UM coach to go out and drink too much."

PR, I don't think he is a great DC.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:

Okay, that's fine, but that's not what you usually say. My question is why do you have a hard-on for him? I can't imagine it's just because you don't think he was a good DC.

By the way, he was a good DC for UM, and he's a good DC for MSU.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Okay, that's fine, but that's not what you usually say. My question is why do you have a hard-on for him? I can't imagine it's just because you don't think he was a good DC.

By the way, he was a good AD for UM, and he's a good AD for MSU.

What have I ever stated that would make you think my dislike of TG has anything to do with more than me believing he is not a great DC.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

What have I ever stated that would make you think my dislike of TG has anything to do with more than me believing he is not a great DC.

Looking in this thread, you said this: "Ty is the reason Ty got fired."

You believe he got fired because he wasn't a good DC?

I will look for others later. You say things negatively about him almost every time you post about him.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I will look for others later. You say things negatively about him almost every time you post about him.

Actually, I "believe" he got fired because he couldn't play well with Stitt.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Actually, I "believe" he got fired because he couldn't play well with Stitt.

I agree. And not sure Stitt could play well with TG. Stitt's the head coach, so he gets to do what he wants. I have no problem with that, but I sure wouldn't have kept dissing TG long after he left, when he has huge support in Griz nation and lots of friends.

The grizzlies are currently missing a coach like Ty. One that fires the players up and says, “We are gonna fuck these guys up!” A players coach that loves the boys up at the same time giving them swagger, attitude, and discipline. A coach the players don’t want to let down.

Watching him on TV after the game you can see players jumping into his arms — when is the last time you saw that on the Griz sideline?!?!

However, after the celebration when he was with his wife an kids he looked a little somber like it was a bitter sweet win. I think he is still a Griz at heart and personally would love to have him back.

Back