• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Stitty Streak

behappp

DONOR
So how do we start a poll that asks how many years it will be until The Griz beat the Scats?
I call it the Stitty streak and I'm saying it will last for 2 more years (it's now at 2) for a total of 4 years until we beat the Scats.

The Stitty Streak

A) -2 YEARS
B) - 3 YEARS
C) - 4 YEARS
D) - 5 or more

Right now I vote D.

FTC

If he gets an extension it'll likely be only 1 year. If he has another sub par year not making the playoff (and likely losing to the cats if it's another shitty year) I don't see any way they give him another extension.

Attendance was already suffering towards the end of this season. The UNC game and NAU games at home had many many empty seats. It was weird to see during the regular season. Those empty seats are lost revenue.

Potomac Griz said:
If he gets an extension it'll likely be only 1 year. If he has another sub par year not making the playoff (and likely losing to the cats if it's another shitty year) I don't see any way they give him another extension.

Attendance was already suffering towards the end of this season. The UNC game and NAU games at home had many many empty seats. It was weird to see during the regular season. Those empty seats are lost revenue.
1 more year under Stitt. 1 more loss to an older and wiser Murray.

New coach and another year for him to get his guys and to learn his system. Murray is a senior.

Maybe after that we do the one job every coach needs to have at the top of his list - Beat the Scats. Stitt himself said they've talking about this for months. And yet he still couldn't get the job done.

So Potomac - make a prediction. How many years do you think it will be until we win the Brawl?

Fuck Stitt, Fuck this coaching staff and fuck everyone making excuses for losing to the cats two years in a row. Are you dipshits insane?

behappp said:
So Potomac - make a prediction. How many years do you think it will be until we win the Brawl?

I'm going to be an optimist and say we beat them here next year even if Stitt is still the HC and Semore is still the DC. Stitt & crew have to get their shit together though. These last two seasons have been debacles. If the "insiders" who post here are correct in other threads it sounds like a 1 year extension is on the way with no big changes...which is a bit disappointing. Not happy with how the Griz FB program has slipped into mediocrity these past 6 years. 1 good playoff win (against SDSU) in 6 years is not Griz FB.

I'm also going to say that if Stitt gets a 1 year extension & even if we do beat the cats next year, if we miss the playoffs again there's no way in hell his contract should be renewed. We don't want to become the cats where we view the success of our season based solely on whether or not we beat our rival. Gotta get to the playoffs.

So I've had a decent night's sleep and had time to think about our situation while sober.
What I see is a HC who is able to recruit good players but really doesn't know how to win at the highest level. Yes, we might be able to beat the Scats at home next year, maybe even compete for the BSC championship and win a playoff game at home. But there is nothing in Stitt's resume that should make anyone believe that he can coach a team to a NC or deep into the playoffs.

I compare him to Jason Garrett, the coach of the Cowboys. It seems like every year he has high quality talent but he does not know how to win come playoff time. In 8 years he has won 1 playoff game. I hate the Cowboys so I love that Jason Garrett is their coach. If I were a Bobscat or an Eastern fan, I would be cheering for Stitt to stay.

Show me anything in the coaching history of Bob Stitt that would leave one to believe he is capable to go deep in the playoffs. I don't mind getting a D2 coach, but let's hire one that has won a championship or two. I don't hold it against Haslam for hiring Stitt and experimenting with a man who was praised by many in the coaching community. But I would hold it against Haslam if he continues, as Jerry Jones has done at Dallas, to hang onto a guy that can't get the job done. Maybe because he personally likes him. Maybe because he recruits great guys that rarely have off the field issues. But Kent has to understand that we want and deserve a coach and a team that dominates our conference and hopes for more than 1 home playoff game against a patsy opponent.

If James Madison can find that type of coach, so can we.

WE ARE MONTANA!

behappp said:
So I've had a decent night's sleep and had time to think about our situation while sober.
What I see is a HC who is able to recruit good players but really doesn't know how to win at the highest level. Yes, we might be able to beat the Scats at home next year, maybe even compete for the BSC championship and win a playoff game at home. But there is nothing in Stitt's resume that should make anyone believe that he can coach a team to a NC or deep into the playoffs.

I compare him to Jason Garrett, the coach of the Cowboys. It seems like every year he has high quality talent but he does not know how to win come playoff time. In 8 years he has won 1 playoff game. I hate the Cowboys so I love that Jason Garrett is their coach. If I were a Bobscat or an Eastern fan, I would be cheering for Stitt to stay.

Show me anything in the coaching history of Bob Stitt that would leave one to believe he is capable to go deep in the playoffs. I don't mind getting a D2 coach, but let's hire one that has won a championship or two. I don't hold it against Haslam for hiring Stitt and experimenting with a man who was praised by many in the coaching community. But I would hold it against Haslam if he continues, as Jerry Jones has done at Dallas, to hang onto a guy that can't get the job done. Maybe because he personally likes him. Maybe because he recruits great guys that rarely have off the field issues. But Kent has to understand that we want and deserve a coach and a team that dominates our conference and hopes for more than 1 home playoff game against a patsy opponent.

If James Madison can find that type of coach, so can we.

WE ARE MONTANA!

I Agree.

By the way, WE WERE MONTANA, under Stitt we are now montana.

If Stitt remains at UM, Griz will be mediocre year after year, and forever hoping the team will do better next year.

Latest posts

Back