• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So...

Paytonlives

Staff member
I have read through most of whats been posted after the game and agree that 7-4 is not where we all what UM to be.

But how can you be sure the next coach will be any better? You think 7-4 is inexcusable but what proof do you have that a new coach would make it better? Are you willing to take on a 3-8 or 4-7 season to "rebuild", because that could happen just as easily as a new coach winning 9 games.

Perhaps 5-6 with a win over the kittens would be exceptable? cats want to give Choat the keys to Bozeman and the man has 3 losing seasons in a row.

Its all fine and dandy to spout off about you would do this, or UM should do that, but do any of you really realize how hard it is to win 9 or 10 games?

UM lost to 2 playoff teams, a FBS top 15 and the cats, is that really a sign that the whole fricken place should be burned down?

Haslem is not going to fire the whole staff... that would be stupid, hurt recruiting and set UM back some.

Ya'll need to step back from the keyboard and take some very deep breaths. Maybe go fishing or kick the dog... whatever it takes to calm down.

Paytonlives said:
I have read through most of whats been posted after the game and agree that 7-4 is not where we all what UM to be.

But how can you be sure the next coach will be any better? You think 7-4 is inexcusable but what proof do you have that a new coach would make it better? Are you willing to take on a 3-8 or 4-7 season to "rebuild", because that could happen just as easily as a new coach winning 9 games.

Perhaps 5-6 with a win over the kittens would be exceptable? cats want to give Choat the keys to Bozeman and the man has 3 losing seasons in a row.

Its all fine and dandy to spout off about you would do this, or UM should do that, but do any of you really realize how hard it is to win 9 or 10 games?

UM lost to 2 playoff teams, a FBS top 15 and the cats, is that really a sign that the whole fricken place should be burned down?

Haslem is not going to fire the whole staff... that would be stupid, hurt recruiting and set UM back some.

Ya'll need to step back from the keyboard and take some very deep breaths. Maybe go fishing or kick the dog... whatever it takes to calm down.

Fishing is okay, but no kicking the dog please.

Bitching, whining and moaning about coaching is my God given right as a spoiled Griz fan.... So F off!

Hey Payton. You need to shut the fuck up and step back from the keyboard you fucking dipshit. Stitt just lost to a shitty cat team for the second year in a row. You really are a moron.

snap said:
Hey Payton. You need to shut the f*** up and step back from the keyboard you f***[*] dipshit. Stitt just lost to a shitty cat team for the second year in a row. You really are a moron.

Nice to see your rational...

Paytonlives said:
If this is all you took away from it you missed most of it.
1. Back to back losses to MSU with losing records, giving up well over 300 on the ground both years.
2. No playoffs two years in a row.
3. No real quality wins in two years. NAU without Cookus is about it. Can't win the big games.
4. A defense that can't get itself off the field. 9 minute drive. Can't stop a QB draw.
5. An offense that scores 2 TDs each year against 3-7 and 4-6 teams without a stellar defense.
6. Outcoached, out hustled, beaten by a team that wanted it more.
7. Crazy play calls on both sides of the ball both years.
8. No evidence that any of this will change with this HC. Nothing changed after last year.
9. No expectation for better than 6-5 next year. OL gone.

Rational.

I think with Stitt at the helm this is what the Griz will be. Okay but not great...
Personally I would like to see better for the Griz. I mean what’s the point of having WA Griz, Champion Center etc, etc to just be a middle of the pack team in the BSC getting out done by SUU a team that was D-II not all that long ago!
Stitts record at Mines is proof of the product he produces. We all hoped his “innovative” offense would shock the FCS ranks and that just did not happen and we all need to realize it won’t.
I don’t think Stitt is the answer for the Griz. I am not sure really who is but know he is not.

kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:
1. Back to back losses to MSU with losing records, giving up well over 300 on the ground both years.
3. No real quality wins in two years. NAU without Cookus is about it. Can't win the big games.
4. A defense that can't get itself off the field. 9 minute drive. Can't stop a QB draw.
5. An offense that scores 2 TDs each year against 3-7 and 4-6 teams without a stellar defense.
8. No evidence that any of this will change with this HC. Nothing changed after last year.

Easier Big Sky schedule next year, which is hard to believe. The first 5 all look winnable, the SUU, Idaho and MSU. Just think we can beat two "rivals" next year. Northern Iowa doesn't traditionally play well here, they have had teams that were better than us before, get beat here. So that leaves Western Illinois at their house.

I'm not worried about the O-Line, 8 months where Germer is going to get them to improve even more. However Stitt, does need to learn emotion, in a game like this one it would've went a long way.

So cheer up, holidays are here soon. Doom and gloom you can worry about in August. :)

kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Rational.

Just wait until he has “his guys”, we’re only like, 6 or 7 years away from the playoffs.

kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Fine... But are you willing to take a chance that it gets worse before it gets better? I'd rather see one more year with a new DC before I take that chance.

Better play by the D and the Griz are 10-1. Go ahead and flame, but UM had a bad 2nd half vs. EWU, a Bad 1st half vs. Weber and lost to the cats by 8. They are closer to the playoffs then 5-6.

ordigger said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

Easier Big Sky schedule next year, which is hard to believe. The first 5 all look winnable, the SUU, Idaho and MSU. Just think we can beat two "rivals" next year. Northern Iowa doesn't traditionally play well here, they have had teams that were better than us before, get beat here. So that leaves Western Illinois at their house.

I'm not worried about the O-Line, 8 months where Germer is going to get them to improve even more. However Stitt, does need to learn emotion, in a game like this one it would've went a long way.

So cheer up, holidays are here soon. Doom and gloom you can worry about in August. :)

Next year forecast....6-5

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:

8-3 is mine, maybe 10-3 if we get a good DC here. (that would be 9-2 regular season, 1-1 in playoffs)

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
kemajic said:

8-3 is mine, maybe 10-3 if we get a good DC here. (that would be 9-2 regular season, 1-1 in playoffs)

I am surprised you didn't go 11-0 with a cherry.

Back