• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hey Griz Fans

biga75

DONOR
The sun will come out tomorrow.
The sky isn't falling.
Yes, the sCats ran roughshod over our boys in Maroon. There's nothing any of us can do about it right now. I'm just as pissed as the next guy. I HATE the cats FTC 24/7/365.
Regardless what happens with the coaching staff over the next 48-72 hours, let us all rejoice in the fact that we aren't, and never will be, sCat fans...

biga75 said:
The sky isn't falling.
Yes, the sCats ran roughshod over our boys in Maroon. There's nothing any of us can do about it right now. I'm just as pissed as the next guy. I HATE the cats FTC 24/7/365.
Regardless what happens with the coaching staff over the next 48-72 hours, let us all rejoice in the fact that we aren't, and never will be, sCat fans...
Clearly you are a casual fan

RobGriz said:
biga75 said:
The sky isn't falling.

What does "casual fan" even mean?
I'm an alumnus of The UM, and I faithfully contributed to the student section during the Golden (Bobby Hauck) Years.
Yes. I have been spoiled by success. But what can I do? I have zero influence on the program, and I'm OK with that.
I'm just trying to keep things light around here.

;)
biga75 said:
RobGriz said:
biga75 said:
The sky isn't falling.

I'm an alumnus of The UM, and I faithfully contributed to the student section during the Golden (Bobby Hauck) Years.
Yes. I have been spoiled by success. But what can I do? I have zero influence on the program, and I'm OK with that.

RobGriz said:
biga75 said:
The sky isn't falling.
Yep, guys like that are part of the problem. Can he have another helping if mediocrity?!!

biga75 said:
RobGriz said:
biga75 said:
The sky isn't falling.

Same here..Living out of the area for a long time, I have seen other programs go through similar times, though none had bad presidents who nearly destroyed the program. I remember when Youngstown State was the team to beat, as was Delaware, New Hampshire and those that went to FBS in the mistaken belief they could do well.. there are now 10 months to prepare for the new season. And,I am more convinced this year than last that Montana will surprise everyone.

Long time lurker never a poster and a Cat fan / alum and former athlete.

Yesterday’s game could have easily went to either team, both teams had bad ref calls, and quite a few missed calls. Being a Cat fan it’s easy to say “that was not holding or whatever” is easy especially when your team is ahead. However, what I took from the game was both teams and players played their butts off. Right now MSU’s staff seems to have a better understanding of the rivalry yet, and it has always driven me crazy, this game has always seemed to be the pinnacle of the Cats season. The Griz have been a football powerhouse for many years and that will be restored again in the future. The Griz also know how to play and win the post-season, they have been there before and aren’t just satisfied with a playoff bid you all want it all and rest assured you will all be in the boat again soon. Personally Im not sure I can say the same with the Cats. I hope they can get to that point of grabbing their sacks and learn to win.

This game is always exciting and the last two years I’m just bummed neither team made the playoffs. It’s a good recruiting point for both teams and it’s great for the state of Montana to represent on the National scene.

Let’s all hope for a kick ass season next year for our teams and for the Brawl to be felt by all other teams around the nation next year.

SpearCat433 said:

Yesterday’s game could have easily went to either team, both teams had bad ref calls, and quite a few missed calls. Being a Cat fan it’s easy to say “that was not holding or whatever” is easy especially when your team is ahead. However, what I took from the game was both teams and players played their butts off. Right now MSU’s staff seems to have a better understanding of the rivalry yet, and it has always driven me crazy, this game has always seemed to be the pinnacle of the Cats season. The Griz have been a football powerhouse for many years and that will be restored again in the future. The Griz also know how to play and win the post-season, they have been there before and aren’t just satisfied with a playoff bid you all want it all and rest assured you will all be in the boat again soon. Personally Im not sure I can say the same with the Cats. I hope they can get to that point of grabbing their sacks and learn to win.

This game is always exciting and the last two years I’m just bummed neither team made the playoffs. It’s a good recruiting point for both teams and it’s great for the state of Montana to represent on the National scene.

Let’s all hope for a kick ass season next year for our teams and for the Brawl to be felt by all other teams around the nation next year.

Great post...not sure I agree with the “better understanding of the rivalry”...we’ve got multiple ex-Griz on the coaching staff...if THEY don’t get it, we never will...

biga75 said:
RobGriz said:
biga75 said:
The sky isn't falling.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I really suck at that on the inter webs LOL

I hate losing, especially to the Cats, so I get the need to vent. But I truly believe that if Jensen wasn't making his first start against EWU, we win that game. We win that game and we're in the playoffs, so much less doom and gloom teeth gnashing around here.

MSU was a pretty solid team this year. They almost beat NAU last week in AZ. They put up 36 points on them. Lesane ran for 185 yds on 20 carries, Murray ran for 85 and 2 TD's and threw 2 TD's. Our rookie QB went into a very hostile environment yesterday and was maybe just a little rattled. He still did an amazing job overall this year. The future is indeed bright for Griz football with Jensen at the helm. His production this year provides solid evidence for that :thumb: Getting the defensive scheme shored up a would help a lot, hopefully that happens this offseason...

SpearCat433 said:

Great post. Whether the angry posters on here realize it or not but the anger they are feeling is simply the reverse of the joy they get out of beating your team when we win and vice versa. If "the streak continued" there would be no anger but also no joy as there would be little to no interest in the game. If both teams didnt win at times this game would be boring. It really sucks to lose this game but its like investing emotion for the future, you enjoy the next win that much more following losses and no offense but the cats have invested alot in enjoying their wins over my lifetime. Just a guess are you a Montanan Spearcat?

cmtgrizzly said:
SpearCat433 said:

Great post. Whether the angry posters on here realize it or not but the anger they are feeling is simply the reverse of the joy they get out of beating your team when we win and vice versa. If "the streak continued" there would be no anger but also no joy as there would be little to no interest in the game. If both teams didnt win at times this game would be boring. It really sucks to lose this game but its like investing emotion for the future, you enjoy the next win that much more following losses and no offense but the cats have invested alot in enjoying their wins over my lifetime. Just a guess are you a Montanan Spearcat?

I am a Montanan and actually was a life long Griz fan until I attended MSU, they offered a bit more money for a scholarship than UM. With that said I had more buddies playing for the Griz through those years and because I was not a football player always wished the best for UM. The rivalry is a great rivalry to have and just like you said with the wins must come the losses to keep the fire alive. As much as a rivalry that exists and as much as certain fans at least claim to have a disgust for the other institution the truth is we need each other and football is a huge money maker for universities and with keeping this rivalry alive and strong both teams will continue to progress to the top again.

the-sun-will-come-out-tomorrow.jpg

SpearCat433 said:
cmtgrizzly said:
SpearCat433 said:

I am a Montanan and actually was a life long Griz fan until I attended MSU, they offered a bit more money for a scholarship than UM. With that said I had more buddies playing for the Griz through those years and because I was not a football player always wished the best for UM. The rivalry is a great rivalry to have and just like you said with the wins must come the losses to keep the fire alive. As much as a rivalry that exists and as much as certain fans at least claim to have a disgust for the other institution the truth is we need each other and football is a huge money maker for universities and with keeping this rivalry alive and strong both teams will continue to progress to the top again.

Agreed

Back