• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Candidates, if needed

mtgrizrule

1st of all, I am neutral on Stitt. At this point, I am 100% supporting whatever the decision will be, regarding Stitt. However, if the GRIZ do head another direction. I'd like to see some semi realistic or better names, and/or what kind of system do you want to see back. Please, leave Hauck out of this thread. We all know his story, and there are way too many threads involving him. Also this isn't a thread for or against Stitt.

I have seen and heard many wanting a defensive minded new coach. So here is a list of names from a Facebook forum. I am not sure how obtainable or how interested any of these names would be. Please feel free to add more information regarding any of them.

Matt Entz- NDSU DC.
Jim Leonhard- Wisconsin DC.
Pete Kwiatkowski -Washington DC.
Alex Grinch - Washington State DC.
Orlondo Steinauer- Fresno State DC.
Chad Glasglow- TCU DC
Tosh Lupoi - Alabama, Co-Defensive Coordinator and Outside Linebackers

Most these coaches are making good salaries at their respected schools, but certainly are among the best in the nation at Defense.

I would start with guys currently with top FCS or FBS programs and find out who would be financially within our reach. Of the candidates, I would definitely want one that would bring with him a solid or better offensive coordinator with him? I would definitely want the new coach to keep Germer aboard. Germer is an outstanding line coach. He seems to work well with all coaches.

Might as well take any FBS coordinator off the list unless they're willing to take a massive pay cut.

NDSU D Coordinator is the only one on your list that would be a candidate. The rest are laughable. You think Alabama's co-dcoordinator would want to be Montana's head coach? Jim Leonard???? LOL

mtgrizrule said:
1st of all, I am neutral on Stitt. At this point, I am 100% supporting whatever the decision will be, regarding Stitt. However, if the GRIZ do head another direction. I'd like to see some semi realistic or better names, and/or what kind of system do you want to see back. Please, leave Hauck out of this thread. We all know his story, and there are way too many threads involving him. Also this isn't a thread for or against Stitt.

I have seen and heard many wanting a defensive minded new coach. So here is a list of names from a Facebook forum. I am not sure how obtainable or how interested any of these names would be. Please feel free to add more information regarding any of them.

Matt Entz- NDSU DC.
Jim Leonhard- Wisconsin DC.
Pete Kwiatkowski -Washington DC.
Alex Grinch - Washington State DC.
Orlondo Steinauer- Fresno State DC.
Chad Glasglow- TCU DC
Tosh Lupoi - Alabama, Co-Defensive Coordinator and Outside Linebackers

Most these coaches are making good salaries at their respected schools, but certainly are among the best in the nation at Defense.

I would start with guys currently with top FCS or FBS programs and find out who would be financially within our reach. Of the candidates, I would definitely want one that would bring with him a solid or better offensive coordinator with him? I would definitely want the new coach to keep Germer aboard. Germer is an outstanding line coach. He seems to work well with all coaches.

Also should retain Green, as he is the recruiting coordinator.

My top choice would actually be another offensive innovator, which is Zak Hill who is the OC at Boise State. He was also at EWU as the Quarterbacks coach for 7 years. He is young, and his ties are not quite as strong as the DC there, who is a former LB for BSU. He coached both Adams and Nichols at EWU, and I think he would be an asset for Gresch, and could possible retain our incoming recruits. He's younger but he's moving up fast.

Hill made $285,000 this year.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
First, from what I hear this is not needed. Second, I don't see any of those FBS coordinators as a viable option.

What do you hear Helena?

Currently, and I know Rob has heard the same, is that Stitt will get a 1 year extension.

I've heard the same, and I would doubt my source is the same at HHB's

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
First, from what I hear this is not needed. Second, I don't see any of those FBS coordinators as a viable option.

What do you hear Helena?

Currently, and I know Rob has heard the same, is that Stitt will get a 1 year extension.
Thank you. That is horrible news and the easy way out for Haslam.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

What do you hear Helena?

Yep. Whether he chooses to accept it is another story

Sorry, I didn't research salaries currently being earned. I am sure some would be willing to sacrifice some money, if they were to be the head coach. I did not list Div II coaches, being a lot of the fans have a problem hiring from that level or below. Granted, both our FCS/1-AA championships were from former lower level coaches.

RobGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

What do you hear Helena?

All of the opposing coaches are celebrating!

Won't happen but I'd love to see Ivan Jasper OC from Navy. He would bring discipline and a military mindset along with my favorite offense the Triple Option.

RobGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

What do you hear Helena?

What makes you think he wouldn’t accept it?

Back