• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game; inexcusable

BWahlberg

DONOR
Hurts like hell to write post game recap as the Griz have dropped two games in a row to the cats. Hard to really put into perspective and be positive right now. MSU once again appeared to have the emotional edge and were able to ride the wave of momentum into this win.

A few general thoughts and then I’ll let everyone else pour on.

- Cats twice had 3rd and forever. Both times they faced it they came away with touchdowns. 14 point swing on what should’ve been punts.

- Early drops on for sure third down conversions stopped some Griz momentum on offense. Also a dropped TD on a contested pass in the end zone when the WR had a foot in height on the corner.

- 4th and 2, Griz offense on the MSU side, and the jet sweep handoff loses 5, ouch.

- Cover-2 was tough for Jensen today. Deep shots were gone and it took away his game. Rough day overall for him.

- Costly false starts

- Griz have good drives die in or near the RZ that lead to field goals instead of TDs. 9 points on 3 good drives.

- Defense got ground out and tired as the game went on and of course with that the tackling got a lot tougher. They’d have Murray or others wrapped up but couldn’t pull them down.

———-

Hard to overcome these issues and get a road win. I’m I just sick. Thought this team had enough to overcome a challenge like this.

That said. This is still a young group. I’m excited for what the future holds because I believe in the guys they have and the developing talent. There’s the success in recruiting, the facilities, and hopefully the momentum from a 7 win season.

To our seniors. Thank you for your effort, your drive, & your passion. I hate seeing our guys go out this way. To the fans I know again that you’re mad but please consider the effort and time these players and the staff put in. Before you bash and belittle... try to put yourself in the shoes of these Griz. They started working in January to put this season together. No, I’m sure they aren’t happy but consider the effort they put in for the whole year before you slam these guys.

Thanks for the memories to the 2017 team. I hate this ending but I’ll always be thankful for their commitment and fight. And I hope like hell the 2018 team can overcome this.... because damnit I hate this.

Go Griz

So tired of hearing how great our facilities are! Who F$&!cares. It’s about wins and losses. Fire this clown and get a coach that understands balanced football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to the team for providing us with another year of Griz Football. I am very optimistic about these players going forward. I'll just leave it at that for now.

Not a perfect game for the Griz on either side of the ball, but I have to say, when a defense gives up multiple big plays on 3rd and very long, and when they are badly caught out of position to handle option runs by an option run team, and when the DC calls a blitz on 3rd and 35 yards instead of assuring a punt is forced, and...no need to go on. Again, problems on both sides of the ball, but defensively, this game our defense was absolutely off and made the difference in the outcome.

I am sick for the seniors and the team. 2 years in a row with Cats winning and keeping Griz out of playoffs.

As Brint said, so many small but important plays not made. Starting with not getting TD on opening drive.

Cats were eventually able to keep ball away from JLM on returns.

Head phone problems. Ref injured. None of this helped the game, for either side, I suppose.

Not really buying into the “fight” of this staff or team honestly. Griz were the much more talented team today. They got out-coached and out hustled.

This “culture” sucks.

What kind of a dipshit DC calls a blitz on 3rd and 34 against a running QB with marginal passing ability?

Hopefully, a DC who is lot long for the UM staff.

HelenaHandBasket said:
The 3rd down blitz by Semore was just dumb. Also, the Griz have gotten soft, and the Cats punished them.

understatement of the year, just stupid call. he is not ready for this level

Hoping for changes, but I'm already looking forward to next season. I really liked this group of players and the heart they showed this season. Thanks to the seniors.

griz5700 said:
Not really buying into the “fight” of this staff or team honestly. Griz were the much more talented team today. They got out-coached and out hustled.

This “culture” sucks.

I still don't buy the "much more talented" angle.

Being at the game it was clear from the time the players on both sides came out of the tunnel that msu was hyped and ready. Nothing to lose. Montana still had their warm ups on. Stitt talks about the mental side of the game. Well it looked to me we looked dazed and confused. Maybe he needs to stop the mental,side of shit(it’s not golf) and focus on a hard hitting fired up pound your teammates helmet when they make a play football team. Personally I hope Haslem relieves him of his duties............today!

Haslam has 2 days to get rid of stitt and co, at least do the man a favor and fire his worthless ass before the middle of the week so he can spend Thanksgiving at home with his family.

If he isn't gone, Haslam needs to go.

Coach Hauck, a huge majority of Griz fans want you back

I thought gj played a solid game, had one bad decision/throw into the 2 deep that lead to a pick but you noticed a lot of check downs to rb...those were good decisions. He clearly had an issue with the wrist or elbow at the end, yet nutted up and gave the team a chance.

Wish they were more aggressive with the play calling early in the game , but when you have favorable run fronts, it’s on the oline and rb to make them pay.

No playoffs again, 2 in a row to cats...frustrating doesn’t even begin to describe it

PlayerRep said:
I am sick for the seniors and the team. 2 years in a row with Cats winning and keeping Griz out of playoffs.

As Brint said, so many small but important plays not made. Starting with not getting TD on opening drive.

Cats were eventually able to keep ball away from JLM on returns.

Head phone problems. Ref injured. None of this helped the game, for either side, I suppose.

Good lord...what the hell are you talking about? You are the epitome of a moron, and it continues to astonish me how you managed to graduate from high school (let alone law school)!

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:

This “culture” sucks.

I still don't buy the "much more talented" angle.

Yeah “much more talented” is something we should all get out of our heads with this staff.

Good point.

Back