• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pflu

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Ferguson

When Northern's coach quit with three games to go, I wrote a column about who they should pursue as the next coach. I included Pflu in my "long shot" category, mainly based off that he did show interest in the Rocky job two years ago. Tonight, I was told as part of Pflu's settlement with U of M, he cannot apply for or be employed by Montana's university system again. Kind of puts to rest the posting about wishing Pflu could come back.

I hate the way he got screwed over. He is a great coach, and, like so many Griz fans, often wonder where we'd be right now, had that all not happened. Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along.

That's absolutely heartbreaking for a guy that loves Montana.

Understandable in a settlement like that, but fucking heartbreaking.

George Ferguson said:
When Northern's coach quit with three games to go, I wrote a column about who they should pursue as the next coach. I included Pflu in my "long shot" category, mainly based off that he did show interest in the Rocky job two years ago. Tonight, I was told as part of Pflu's settlement with U of M, he cannot apply for or be employed by Montana's university system again. Kind of puts to rest the posting about wishing Pflu could come back.

I hate the way he got screwed over. He is a great coach, and, like so many Griz fans, often wonder where we'd be right now, had that all not happened. Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along.
Meanwhile the former president who did the screwing over of Pflu, has his old job back as a chemistry professor.....reportedly at the same rate of pay he made as president. Nice way to pad the pockets and pension.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If true, that really sucks for Pflu. :(

I hope the new President reviews this and at least removes this stupid clause, so that Pflu can apply and possibly coach here again in the future if he still wishes to do so. I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't.

grizfnz said:
George Ferguson said:

Meanwhile the former president who did the screwing over of Pflu, has his old job back as a chemistry professor.....reportedly at the same rate of pay he made as president. Nice way to pad the pockets and pension.

True that Royce is teaching chemistry again, but the pay is roughly 120,000 or so compared to well over 300,000 for the president's job. This is close to going rate for tenured professor pay. Exact numbers have been reported in the Missoulian.

Pflugrad is now the head coach at Phoenix College. Maybe when Bobby Hauck takes over the job at NAU, he'll bring Robin with him. Bobby's son Robby plays for NAU.

grizfnz said:
George Ferguson said:

From my understanding, Royce was on tenure, and could not be fired.

Probably one of the worst cases of "weak kneed" behavior that I've ever seen....Total lack of leadership
on RE's part IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back