• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bozeman help

Griztay

Alright, this is my first post on here. I have watched the board for many years for information and laughs. So this will be my first Griz/Cat in Bozeman. I don’t really know the town or anything about their “stadium”. So here’s what I’m looking for and I apologize if I missed it in other threads. I am looking for places to eat and drink in Bozeman that will be okay for us Griz fans who will wear Griz gear all weekend. Maybe a good suggestion for breakfast and a Bloody Mary before the game. Tailgates? Is there any UM sanctioned tailgates in Bozeman? Things to avoid in order to enjoy the weekend!? Any advice is appreciated, thanks y’all

Griztay said:
Alright, this is my first post on here. I have watched the board for many years for information and laughs. So this will be my first Griz/Cat in Bozeman. I don’t really know the town or anything about their “stadium”. So here’s what I’m looking for and I apologize if I missed it in other threads. I am looking for places to eat and drink in Bozeman that will be okay for us Griz fans who will wear Griz gear all weekend. Maybe a good suggestion for breakfast and a Bloody Mary before the game. Tailgates? Is there any UM sanctioned tailgates in Bozeman? Things to avoid in order to enjoy the weekend!? Any advice is appreciated, thanks y’all

Head due west on I-90 for 200 miles. Arrive in Missoula. Have a burger at the Mo Club, and then walk over to Reds to watch the game. Drink 6 pitchers of beer, and then waddle your a$$ over to the Ox for Chicken Fried Steak (with the Lonestar Gravy). Then roll to any of the multiple hotels within about 4 blocks. Have fun.

Griztay said:

The best western GranTree Inn has a solid breakfast and sports bar environment. They get plenty of Griz fans there staying in town for the game so you're golden there as far as food, bloody Mary's, etc. I actually think you'll be fine at any of the downtown establishments as well. Plenty of Griz folks running around in a state divided.

I highly recommend the Korner Klub in 4 corners for a meal, just make sure you get the buffs! Kind of a boneless buffalo wing but better than anything Bww or other places will throw at you. Other good food and also a sports bar envoironment

Griztay said:

Sorry, I'm not much help, Griztay. Good luck. Let us know if you find anything decent that isn't a corn dog.

Fushiznitz said:
Griztay said:

Head due west on I-90 for 200 miles. Arrive in Missoula. Have a burger at the Mo Club, and then walk over to Reds to watch the game. Drink 6 pitchers of beer, and then waddle your a$$ over to the Ox for Chicken Fried Steak (with the Lonestar Gravy). Then roll to any of the multiple hotels within about 4 blocks. Have fun.

:lol:

They used to have a nice frozen chocolate covered banana at Me & Jan's back in the late 80's. No that's not slang for anything, either. Godspeed Griztay!

Griztay said:

Avoid Wheat Montana - just drive by.

I think you’d be fine most places. There are still some idiots out there, but the hatred from the msu side isn’t nearly as strong since the streak was broken and Griz no longer win the conference and make a playoff run every single year. That said, Drunk college students are unpredictable, so I’d recommend staying away from the parking lots near the dorms. Id probably pay the $10 for parking at museum of the Rockies.

As for Bloody Mary, I agree the grand tree is a good spot. I assume RBar downtown will also be open. You might get some rubbing, but I wouldn’t be intimidated by wearing UM stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to school there and wore Griz gear every day. The only place I ever got shit was the r bar, and that was probably my fault for bringing it in myself... the Korner club has the best wings I’ve ever paid for. I think they had some kitchen concerns a while back and I don’t know if they’ve opened the food area back up. Also in 4 corners is the country corner cafe no alcohol, but a real good greasy spoon. There are a number of good little spots downtown to eat and drink.

wbtfg said:
I think you’d be fine most places. There are still some idiots out there, but the hatred from the msu side isn’t nearly as strong since the streak was broken and Griz no longer win the conference and make a playoff run every single year. That said, Drunk college students are unpredictable, so I’d recommend staying away from the parking lots near the dorms. Id probably pay the $10 for parking at museum of the Rockies.

As for Bloody Mary, I agree the grand tree is a good spot. I assume RBar downtown will also be open. You might get some rubbing, but I wouldn’t be intimidated by wearing UM stuff.

And depending on who is doing it, it might be enjoyable so just go with it. :lol:

poorgriz said:
wbtfg said:

And depending on who is doing it, it might be enjoyable so just go with it. :lol:

Ha....ooops. Welcome to Bozeman

Griztay said:

Have fun at the game Griztay, can you please let me know how many corndogs you see cat fans eating? You'll smell the stadium from a mile away, or as soon as you get to Keggy. It's not only that cat fans smell like corn dogs, but if they see you in GRIZ gear they no doubt will try and crop dust you. (Tailgates or in the stadium, thy try it wherever... they seemed to always be gassed up ready to go).

That's how passive aggressive their fans are. But they like smelling their own sh*t so it just goes with the territory. I put this advice in another thread but wanted to make sure you got it since this could be your first experience in bozeman. (Corn-Dog capital of the Western United States). You will want to get in your seats early in case they lite an extra fire cracker as the team runs through the chain link fence area onto the field or they decide to have some horses run around the stadium. Its such a great atmosphere, don't blink, you could miss it.

Also, don't mention to their fans you pick up on the odor that they smell like corn-dogs. You know what else is a bad thing to do? Holding your nose around them. They are real sensitive to that, too. Try holding your breath. But don't be obvious about it. Somehow if they know that you are trying not to breathe in the corn dog smell that is their stadium and fans, that also super offends them. They'll likely punch you for that if they catch on to what you're doing. When they get nervous they will start chanting about eating sh*t, and go cats go... again do not be obvious with your laughter. They will start telling you to just wait for next year and by the time they get done talking about how they should have won all the games they lost this year, the corn dog smell will be as strong as ever.

I had a great bloody mary at the Crystal on Homecoming. She took her time making it. Like not pre-mixed at all, put it in the tumbler, and shake it up. It was good. The Cat's Paw used to make a good one. I had a bartender give me the recipe back then and they don't make them the same anymore. So I can say, I make the best bloody mary in Bozeman.

So many good places to eat. Literally. Breakfast doesn't get much better than Mainstreet Overeasy. No alcohol, but the chicken fried steak is one plate for the steak and one for the fixings. Sola, Nova, there's a new one in the newest building downtown on the corner of Willson and Mendenhall that I hear good things about. The Coffee Pot Bakery in 4 corners is where I will be picking up my breakfast tomorrow morning since I'll be out there. The Korner Club is serving food. They will open today at 6 I heard. Closed earlier because of the Ressler funeral. Copper downtown is a good bar. Too expensive for college kids so its more an "adult" bar. Then new one in the Element Hotel is the same way. The menu looks sweet for dinner, but I haven't eaten there yet.

Pickle Barrell next to campus (or in Belgrade or Livingston) is a great sandwhich shop, for what it's worth.

Can't believe they left Missoula. :bad:

I remember receiving not that great of service at Old Chicago, during the off-season, while wearing Griz Gear.

But Griz/Cat weekend restaurants in general should be expecting GRIZ fans, and be mentally prepared for their presence.

Back