• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hello Griz Fans

Griz Granny

Hello my fellow Griz fans

Watching last year’s brawl game put me right off my Manhattans. I’ve seen 60 plus years of these games and this might be the most disappointing one that I can remember. I’m in a bad mood writing this and I really don’t like thinking about that game again.

I was wrong when I wrote last year that the young cat quarterback would be intimidated by the game and crowd. He won the game for them and had no problem with us or the crowd. Good for him. Having said that I think Coach Choate needs to keep his lazy eye on that one if he wants him around for two more years. It’s just a feeling.

Timmy said sitting behind the cat team he could see that they were fired up and wanted the game more than our boys. They were standing the whole game encouraging and congratulating their teammates on good plays and encouraging other players as needed. He said when looking across the field it looked like most of our lads were sitting down watching the Monte video. My Missoula friends assure me that the team chemistry along with our quarterback play has greatly improved this year.

A quick story I’ve heard over the years:

Back when Timmy was playing at Dornblaser Field, Coach Swarthout was the head man, a nice guy but his pregame was a snooze fest. The team was middle of the conference good and had the 2nd rated team in the nation coming to town. A superior team in every way. As Timmy tells it Coach started his rambling pregame speech and players started. standing and shouting him down. By the end the whole team was kicked down the door, ran out, and dismantled the visitors. Might be something to consider if you are a current player reading this. I read last year that our coach said if the team can’t get up for this game there’s nothing he can do. I believe him.

One last thing on the subject and I’ll try to never think or speak of it again. I was watching a bowl game later last fall and a struggling quarterback was removed and the 2nd stringer was put in for a change of pace. A spark lit a fire…What a novel idea.

Now for this year:
I was watching a pro football game this year and Cam Newton scored a touchdown. He got up and was surrounded by his fellow players that helped him get into the end zone. He pushed them away to make some space for his personal choreographed one man play. Not a fan of that behavior.

What does impress is our own Irish lad McGee. He jumps up after every play and dashes to get set up for the next without any personal pats on the back. In the end zone he congratulates the players that helped him get there. Keep up the good work Jerry.

Since I still seem to be ranting, here’s one more. Not one player from Butte on our roster. You need at least one or two from Butte America to have a well rounded team in my opinion.

So all those traveling to Bozeman this year be very careful as usual. There is something wrong with some of the Neanderthals down there. Don’t walk around by yourselves wearing your colors as you might end up in concussion protocol and miss our 1st playoff game.

As usual I’ll be watching the brawl game with a fresh pitcher of Manhattans and hoping our lads get the breaks. Bring that trophy back home boys and please help me erase last year from the memory bank.
I apologize about writing angry this year. If I’m still above ground next year I hope to be happier.

With Warm Regards,

Griz Granny

If we play like we did last year, for the 1st time I’ll be hoping our coach receives an apple, a road map and heads on down the…

4ou2vTu.jpg

Thanks to Gordon Timmy’s computer friend for posting this for me and to Jim who found the Stitt road sign picture in Clinton.

Concerned she may have got the Alzheimer’s disease and thought she was a cat fan :shock:
Phew glad to be wrong. We are officially 100%, all out in Griz/cat week.

Go Griz!

AZGrizFan said:
Granny’s not a Stitt fan....that narrows the potential pool....

That's what I was thinking. Or it could be just GG's clever misdirection. She's been around, you know . . .

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

That's what I was thinking. Or it could be just GG's clever misdirection. She's been around, you know . . .

Uhh....youre not suggesting she's been pickled, are you?! 😃

:!: Not a chance. You bite your tongue, sir. Griz Granny is a saint. I was referring to the fact that she's been to Red Lodge, and then Wibaux for bowling. She's seen it all, and I wouldn't put it past her to throw in some misdirection here. Sheesh.

One of the best yet! Thanks Griz Granny...it's all over but the screaming and the trail of tears! The Irish lad will have his way!

Jeff Choke said:
Classless

Let it go Jeff, it's all in good fun.

But that reminds me Granny, my Grandpa wanted me to ask you if you found his class ring yet? Not sure what he meant by that, must be an inside joke?

CDAGRIZ said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Uhh....youre not suggesting she's been pickled, are you?! 😃

:!: Not a chance. You bite your tongue, sir. Griz Granny is a saint. I was referring to the fact that she's been to Red Lodge, and then Wibaux for bowling. She's seen it all, and I wouldn't put it past her to throw in some misdirection here. Sheesh.
:thumb:
#longliveCDA #oneofthelastandbest

Back